New college QB name to remember | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New college QB name to remember

i have been wacthing the washington -noterdame game and brady quinn has a cannon of a arm and is very mobile , i really like this kid.:cool:

kastofsna120 said:
not a new name at all
Didn't really mean he was a new name. People who follow college football closely know his name, but on this board you hear alot of Matt Leinart, Omar Jacobs, Vince Young talk. I just thought he may be a guy to keep an eye on. If he continues to play this well he could rise up the draft boards and possibly declare early.

Another guy who I like alot who I haven't heard too much about here who also has looked great is Reggie McNeal. I have seen a few people mention him as a possible later round guy but he has been extremely impressive both throwing and running the ball. He's 4th in the nation in QB rating. He may end up being a 1st or 2nd rounder if he keeps this up.

Kellen Clemons seems to be sacking up lately too, especially with his play so far against USC. (By seeing highlights and stats since I don't have Gameplan)

sports24/7 said:
Didn't really mean he was a new name. People who follow college football closely know his name, but on this board you hear alot of Matt Leinart, Omar Jacobs, Vince Young talk. I just thought he may be a guy to keep an eye on. If he continues to play this well he could rise up the draft boards and possibly declare early.

Another guy who I like alot who I haven't heard too much about here who also has looked great is Reggie McNeal. I have seen a few people mention him as a possible later round guy but he has been extremely impressive both throwing and running the ball. He's 4th in the nation in QB rating. He may end up being a 1st or 2nd rounder if he keeps this up.
the jacobs and young talk is pretty lame. stanton makes much more sense. and mcneal looks to be special. both would be nice to have. gotta see stanton more, though.

sports24/7 said:

Reggie McNeal has played great vs 2 terrible teams in SMU and Texas St, he's gonna put up great numbers this year, I think he's a 1st day selection, but could move up on draft boards, depending on his performance the rest of the season, and combine. If Texas loses a game this season, it'll be to A&M, IMO.

Cannonboy said:
Not sure if it's him or just the system. Would like to see him play a couple of more games before I can make a decisiion. Also, other then ND, not exactly quality opponets he's going up against.
Not exactly. Not that Illinois' De is a powerhouse or anything, but they shut down Cal's offense for 3 quarters last week, on cal's home turf. They are probably a better defense than anyone Bowling Green has played, except for Wisconcin. Anyway you look at it, 5 td's in 2.5 quarters is pretty good play.

BTW, you're a little late with picking up on the "new" QB. ;)

djfresh47 said:
Reggie McNeal has played great vs 2 terrible teams in SMU and Texas St, he's gonna put up great numbers this year, I think he's a 1st day selection, but could move up on draft boards, depending on his performance the rest of the season, and combine. If Texas loses a game this season, it'll be to A&M, IMO.
Yeah the teams weren't that great, but he's showing he's not just a scrambler by being so efficient so far in the passing game. He has a long way to gobefore he solidifies himself in the early rounds, but he has gotten off to an impressive start.

sports24/7 said:
Drew Stanton. This guy has really looked very good. I know he's only a junior, but he's got decent size at 6'3, 228 and has put up some very impressive numbers. Look at his individual game stats so far this year.

Kent State-22/29 297 yds 2 TD's 1 INT 116.6 QB rating
Hawaii- 21/26 301 yds 3 TD's 0 INT 153.4 QB rating
@Notre Dame-16/27 327 yds 3 TD's 1 INT 123.5 QB rating
today @ Illinois- 16/22 234 yds and 5 TD's with 6:42 left in the 3rd quarter

I don't know much about his Pro Potential (arm strength or athleticism), but the guy is putting up some very good numbers so far, and he might be someone to watch for the upcoming draft if he continues to play well and comes out.
He is good qb but seems to be a little fragile. Last year against Michigan he was just killing them untill they started getting frustrated and starting hitting him hard. After about two or three big hits he had to leave the game with a shoulder injury. He seemed to not be afraid to take a big hit after scrambling and would refuse to slide which is not always a good thing for a starting QB he will get hurt alot in NFL if he doesnt change that.

Not a new name if you watch college football.

PatsSuck456 said:
Overrated, just like his Bro.

explain yourself buddy, don't just make a general statement. what's overratre about him?

as for stanton, he's john l. smith's qb, and linehan is a protgege of smith, so i'm sure smith has or will give linehan the skinny on him. my ratings today would look like this:

1- Leinart
2- everybody else ;)

Phishstix said:
explain yourself buddy, don't just make a general statement. what's overratre about him?

as for stanton, he's john l. smith's qb, and linehan is a protgege of smith, so i'm sure smith has or will give linehan the skinny on him. my ratings today would look like this:

1- Leinart
2- everybody else ;)
he's overrated because everyone thinks he's a great player and better than his brother. he's not

Back
Top Bottom