New draft targets | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New draft targets

5-Tua
18-Love
26-Eason
39-Hurts
56-Fromm

That way we can't miss on our franchise guy and then we can josh rosen all the others to teams next year

It is risky sitting at 5, but the Chargers are our biggest threat right now, because the top 4 teams need an elite player this draft, and trading any lower than 7 isn't smart for them. Carolina just signed Bridgewater, no need to move up. I am hoping, fingers crossed that the Chargers land Cam Newton.
Have to keep an eye on the Raiders as well. Being in a new market in Las Vegas they will want to make a splash.

Plus, Gruden can't be happy with Carr.

Have to keep an eye on the Raiders as well. Being in a new market in Las Vegas they will want to make a splash.

Plus, Gruden can't be happy with Carr.

True, but it would take a haul to go from 12 into the top 4, and though they have pick 19, they do not have a 2nd round pick this year.

Something else to consider. Tua, Burrow and Hurts had NFL caliber coaching. Not so with Herbert and especially Love. You know NFL people will be weighing that, which is part of why the combine holds some weight. To see athletic ability, individual interviews, how well players take to coaching etc. Herbert, in particular, seemed to close the gap somewhat with the Senior Bowl and the combine.

It's still hard to envision teams giving up a lot to move up for Tua. Prior to the injury, of course. In fact, I think Miami fans would be discussing Burrow instead as Cincinnati probably takes Tua without that injury. It's easy for fans to say "trade up at all costs," but completely different for NFL GM's who are fired for bad decisions. The hip injury, while Tua seems to be fine, is still somewhat unprecedented.

Entirely different story if Tua drops to #5. Will be interesting to see what way the Dolphins would go if both Tua and Herbert are there at #5.

I take Tua if he is there at 5 but I think I would rather go with Herbert at 5 than trade up for Tua.

There is a lot to like about Herbert.

Something else to consider. Tua, Burrow and Hurts had NFL caliber coaching. Not so with Herbert and especially Love. You know NFL people will be weighing that, which is part of why the combine holds some weight. To see athletic ability, individual interviews, how well players take to coaching etc. Herbert, in particular, seemed to close the gap somewhat with the Senior Bowl and the combine.

It's still hard to envision teams giving up a lot to move up for Tua. Prior to the injury, of course. In fact, I think Miami fans would be discussing Burrow instead as Cincinnati probably takes Tua without that injury. It's easy for fans to say "trade up at all costs," but completely different for NFL GM's who are fired for bad decisions. The hip injury, while Tua seems to be fine, is still somewhat unprecedented.

Entirely different story if Tua drops to #5. Will be interesting to see what way the Dolphins would go if both Tua and Herbert are there at #5.
No injury, no doubt Tua goes #1 ahead of Burrow.

Back
Top Bottom