New draft targets | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New draft targets

I also don't like the idea of trading up for Tua. I would seriously consider a move up for Brown, Simmons, Thomas or Lamb.

I think Thomas and Lamb go around 10-13. That would require a slight move up from #18.

As you mentioned, it would take a lot to get back into position for a player like Simmons. He may also be gone before pick #5.
I agree with most of this-
The only players I would move up for from #18 to say #8-9 would be: Simmons or Okudah.
I dont believe in moving up for OL..
But then again I would trade fro Trent Williams for 2021 RD2 and have max flexibility.

Use deduction. 1-Who is currently the roster? Trash. Jordan is at best a 2-down, short yardage back. So that leaves us with ZERO Bell cow RBs. 2-Add to the fact that our new OC loves a power running game and 3-Miami typically interviews most players they draft and they interviewed all of them. Those 3 are just too good to last much past 1st round so voila. Not rocket science
I think hes more than a short yardage back..
Averages 4+ ypc
Really solid part of a RB room.. combine him with an Akers or the LSU kid at #56 or an one of the top 6-7 backs and its a winning unit.

Could have interest in Davidson or the corner. If its Brown that would be surprising since he would require that #5 pick. If he's still available.
The CB from Auburn is raw but very talented, I could see Miami targeting him in the 2nd round. Especially if they somehow decide to trade Howard?

Nope. Look at the list of players Miami has interviewed-every stud RB in this draft. They will draft Swift, Taylor or Dobbins at 26. Ndimm. Howard is a 2down, short yardage player signed on a 2 yr contract
One or two of those guys can be had in the second, most likely.

The CB from Auburn is raw but very talented, I could see Miami targeting him in the 2nd round. Especially if they somehow decide to trade Howard?
If Howard remains on the team, I'd rather Miami grabs Adebo, from Stanford, with a day 3 pick.

What about something like this

5. Tua

Trade 18 56 and a late pick for 9 or take

take an OT

26. The RB of our choice
39. Cushenberry

What about something like this

5. Tua

Trade 18 56 and a late pick for 9 or take

take an OT

26. The RB of our choice
39. Cushenberry

Almost agree to these good thoughts...

If we get Tua at 5, then we need to trade up and get Wirfs. Wirfs is as talented as any tackle in this draft, and he played RT in college. RT is the blind side for Tua.

At 26, I go best player available at LT or safety

At 39, I agree on Cushenberry

At 70, this is where I look RB....even if the top 3 are gone, I pick Cam Akers and never look back.

Almost agree to these good thoughts...

If we get Tua at 5, then we need to trade up and get Wirfs. Wirfs is as talented as any tackle in this draft, and he played RT in college. RT is the blind side for Tua.

At 26, I go best player available at LT or safety

At 39, I agree on Cushenberry

At 70, this is where I look RB....even if the top 3 are gone, I pick Cam Akers and never look back.
I would be ecstatic if we got Tua AND Wirfs! I like where your going with the rest of top of the draft too. Like Cush, S a must and Cam is definitely a player I like if the other 3 are gone. That would be a sweet start to a draft. Win Win!!!

IF they can get Tua without moving up I would be open to moving up from 18 for Wirfs or Wills both of whom can play on the right side.

I would then look to trade out of 26 to recoup some picks, maybe even 2021 picks.

IF they can get Tua without moving up I would be open to moving up from 18 for Wirfs or Wills both of whom can play on the right side.

I would then look to trade out of 26 to recoup some picks, maybe even 2021 picks.

That would be nice, it would take stones though to sit there at 5 and hope no one comes up. The QB is the one thing we can’t mess up this draft. A lot of possibilitie.

I would guess that Grier and Flo have their QB in mind. If it's Tua we're going to have to go up and get him. I think Herbert may just be there at 5.

It is risky sitting at 5, but the Chargers are our biggest threat right now, because the top 4 teams need an elite player this draft, and trading any lower than 7 isn't smart for them. Carolina just signed Bridgewater, no need to move up. I am hoping, fingers crossed that the Chargers land Cam Newton.

Back
Top Bottom