New draft targets | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New draft targets

Who could be realistically be available at #18?

The worry is that all the OT's will be off the board by then.It is a legit worry too.

They could certainly move up from 18 to ensure landing one of them, it would only take 3-4 spots.

IF the OT's are all gone at 18 then WR and DB look like they will be the best value in that area.A QB could still be on the board which might give Miami a trade down option.The RB's will all be there but I certainly would not take one.

IF they get their QB and 5 and the OT's are gone and they can't move down then WR or FS might be the best need/value option. A trade UP to get an OT would be the smart move if the board is falling that way.

But then again, we don't know how much Miami likes any of the OT's.

They may prefer a 2nd tier OT like Lucas Niang later(late 1st to mid 2nd).

Wanna bet?
All I'm saying is youre being too brash in saying "they are 100% taking a rb in the first round this year" .... they could easily see who makes it to the 2nd round and choose from them. What makes you so confident they HAVE to do that? Look at all the players that are interviewed every year by every team. In the grand scheme, it doesnt truly matter....

But sure lets bet.

Use deduction. 1-Who is currently the roster? Trash. Jordan is at best a 2-down, short yardage back. So that leaves us with ZERO Bell cow RBs. 2-Add to the fact that our new OC loves a power running game and 3-Miami typically interviews most players they draft and they interviewed all of them. Those 3 are just too good to last much past 1st round so voila. Not rocket science

I think it's more likely Miami stays at #5 and selects their QB and attempts to trade up from #18 to get in position to select one of the OT's that could be available. San Francisco holds #13 and there is speculation, they may be looking to add picks. They might be a trade partner?
When the 49ers first made that trade, I was thinking they were targeting Jeudy or Lamb. But I could see them looking for more picks.

Use deduction. 1-Who is currently the roster? Trash. Jordan is at best a 2-down, short yardage back. So that leaves us with ZERO Bell cow RBs. 2-Add to the fact that our new OC loves a power running game and 3-Miami typically interviews most players they draft and they interviewed all of them. Those 3 are just too good to last much past 1st round so voila. Not rocket science

I doubt that all three will go in first round, if anything... since there are a number of quality RBs in this year's draft, this may cause them to slide. The market for RBs isnt what it used to be.

Who could be realistically be available at #18?
Someone unexpected will drop. It always happens.

I do think the top four tackles will fly off the board. I like Jackson from USC. Maybe a little bit of a reach there.

Maybe Love? Lots of talk about top 10, but he has a ways to go.

Jefferson from LSU would be a great fit for Miami if he's there.

That was a huge surprise to me. Now that F/A has started and Miami signing several players on Defense, perhaps the Auburn intetest has sailed?
Could have interest in Davidson or the corner. If its Brown that would be surprising since he would require that #5 pick. If he's still available.

If I were Miami I'd take one of the top backs, ideally at #39.

Wills
Wirfs
Thomas
Bekton

Lamb
Jeudy
Reagor

Young

Simmons

Okudah
Henderson

Would have Jefferson as close enough to consider, as well.
I have to add Derrick Brown and Chaisson top 14..
Definite preference towards OT..
Im comfortable drafting from said list true BPA...
The draft sets up for C, S, RB with 26,56,70

I am using deduction. Howard is no all star but lessens the need for a higher picked rb. the difference between 1c and 2a (rb wise) isnt huge.

So whats the bet? I'd like it to be a donation to the site personally. Whats your convicton worth? $20? VIP for someone on the site? yourself?

Back
Top Bottom