New draft targets | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New draft targets

With the signing of Jordan Howard today they probably will not draft a RB in the 1st round. Cam Akers or Edwards-Helaire in the 2nd makes more sense.
If they get Tua an interesting pick at 18 would Ruggs if he is available. They need some speed at Wr and other than Tyreek Hill Ruggs will be the fastest player in the NFL next year.
Then pick an OT at #26.

Like most of the people here, I've done a bunch of mock drafts and when I get to the tail end of them, I'm usually left with the thought... there is no way that we draft this many rookies. It has been thought that we'd flip some of the later picks for picks in 2021, but I had a different idea.
Why not take the top rated kicker (Rodrigo Blankenship) and the top rated punter (Michael Turk) late? Bring them to camp and see if they can win the jobs. If not, we cut them and walk away clean.

Figure 4 QBs top 18... Miami should have a short board of 14 players. Sounds like a fun exercise.

At 5 it comes down to Herbert, Wirfs, Wills,
And then Austin Jackson, Ruggs, Jeudy, Pittman, Claypool, Mims, Dillon, Taylor.
Also looking at the roster after FA, they also might look at Cole Kmet.
On defense the only player I would consider in first round is Kvon Wallace.
That's 12.

Today people all over the site for some reason keep saying if the Redskins take Tua no worries just grab Simmons...but I think the Giants grab him one spot before us in that scenario.

If Tua is gone at 5, I think Love is a very real possibility at that selection. It’s not optimal, but for all we know he could be the guy they are not-so-quietly infatuated with.

Man this is going to be a LONG month before the draft.
5 is too high for Love. IMO We will take Derrick Brown if he’s there-best DT in the draft-and move up for Herbert or Love

With the signing of Jordan Howard today they probably will not draft a RB in the 1st round. Cam Akers or Edwards-Helaire in the 2nd makes more sense.
If they get Tua an interesting pick at 18 would Ruggs if he is available. They need some speed at Wr and other than Tyreek Hill Ruggs will be the fastest player in the NFL next year.
Then pick an OT at #26.
Nope. Look at the list of players Miami has interviewed-every stud RB in this draft. They will draft Swift, Taylor or Dobbins at 26. Ndimm. Howard is a 2down, short yardage player signed on a 2 yr contract

Then pick an OT at #26.

To me, the Jordan Howard signing is insignificant. He's bounced around after losing starting jobs so i doubt any team is basing their Draft Strategy on his signing.

That said, i don't think a running back in Round 1 was high on the list anyway. The value isn't there but the depth is this year, so you can grab one on Day 2. I double up on RB this year. There's a lot of talent.

As for Ruggs....as intriguing as his speed is, i would anticipate have guys higher on my board at 18. WR is deep this year as well and should be available at 26 and 39.

Wills
Wirfs
Thomas
Bekton

Lamb
Jeudy
Reagor

Young

Simmons

Okudah
Henderson

Would have Jefferson as close enough to consider, as well.

If Tua is there at 5 - i would not be against grabbing him and then using our ammo to trade back up for one of the stud OTs. You have have have to protect him.
If Tua is gone....well then it gets interesting.

I'm surprised seeing you list CBs and not a guy like Brown.

I would guess it will be an Offense heavy draft for the most part.

I could see a FS among the Day 1-2 picks and a DL if one falls that is just too good to pass on.

QB, OT, WR and RB.

Preferably in that order.

Get your QB, the guys to protect him, and then find him some weapons.

I would love to see Tua, one of the top OT's and an explosive RAC WR type along with a speed RB and maybe another TE to pair with Gesicki .Another Int OL would be nice too.
I could also see two offensive linemen in the first round. Maybe Miami signs another starting caliber offensive lineman in free agency, lessening that need.

Wills
Wirfs
Thomas
Bekton

Lamb
Jeudy
Reagor

Young

Simmons

Okudah
Henderson

Would have Jefferson as close enough to consider, as well.
I wonder who the 49ers are targeting by adding pick #13. My initial thought was Jeudy or Lamb, but Joe Staley can't play forever.

Yes, I can see Simmons drafted to add to the defense. He fits perfectly and plays a lot of positions and is a freak athlete. He would be fun to watch weekly and our defense would be sick!

Take Love at 18 and if he is gone then grab the best OL you can get there. Id trade out of 26 if your targets are still on the board and you dont have to move back too much.
I love Simmons and Brown, but you risk losing a quarterback. I don't think Love drops to #18.

How far up can Miami get with picks #18 and #26?

I love Simmons and Brown, but you risk losing a quarterback. I don't think Love drops to #18.

How far up can Miami get with picks #18 and #26?

If you go by the draft chart, #18 is worth 900 points and #26 is 700 points.

#6 overall is 1600 points. Do i think those 2 picks get #6 this year? No. Too much high end talent.

If you go by the draft chart, #18 is worth 900 points and #26 is 700 points.

#6 overall is 1600 points. Do i think those 2 picks get #6 this year? No. Too much high end talent.
I doubt Miami trades up that far, but can you imagine Tua and Brown or Tua and Simmons?

I see it something like this... Out of our 6 picks in the first 70 selections, a QB, RB, C, and two OTs with one wildcard pick. If Chaisson is there at 18, the pick is obvious, but I don't think he'll slide that far.

Off the cuff...
1) QB: Herbert or Tua
1b) wildcard or OLT
1c) any
2) RB
2b) C or ORT
3) whatever we missed

I doubt Miami trades up that far, but can you imagine Tua and Brown or Tua and Simmons?
Im not a fan of trading up for Tua, but if he got to 5 and you could trade 18, 26, 39 for 4 or 6, I would do it and take Simmons in a heartbeat. Solves two needs.

Back
Top Bottom