New draft targets | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New draft targets

Hopefully we can stay at 5 for Tua, and move up from 18 for Thomas, Becton, Wirfs or Wills.

We win day 1 just by walking away with the top QB and one of the big 4 tackles.

Hopefully we can stay at 5 for Tua, and move up from 18 for Thomas, Becton, Wirfs or Wills.

We win day 1 just by walking away with the top QB and one of the big 4 tackles.

What a freakin day that would be.

Thinking about them though, with signing the massive Flowers to play Guard, why not trade up to get the massive Becton next to him. Wow that would be huge

With what WRs are commanding in trades and contract, don't be surprised if Miami prioritizes the position in the first round to get a potential Franchise guy

Yeah, and if the top OT's are off the board at 18, I don't see Top 20 talents available outside of WR. Plus, the next wave of OT's, which is a tier below the Top guys, is pretty thick, so Miami should be able to get a starting LT at 26 - if not 39.

the holes still need to be filled on offense. Unless we address that soon, yes, offense. Nothing has changed IMO, QB is the biggest need on this team, has been for over 20 years. They could sign a Freeman or Gordon and delay RB till round 2.

Davis also has tackling issues... and short arms

Delpit played hurt a lot and might’ve been making business decisions
why would you want a guy making "business decisions" in the middle of the season? if you are hurt don't play that's the business decision you make, not put your team in jeopardy in the middle of games.
you are right about davis, but he is a true high fs we haven't had, and fits the system. how about we say screw it and get both. fs and ss solved

why would you want a guy making "business decisions" in the middle of the season? if you are hurt don't play that's the business decision you make, not put your team in jeopardy in the middle of games.
you are right about davis, but he is a true high fs we haven't had, and fits the system. how about we say screw it and get both. fs and ss solved
I get what you’re saying... but are the 49ers mad that Bosa “made business decisions” ?

It's starting to look like they decided to build the D thru FA and the O thru the draft. Expect QB, LT, RB 1,2, 3 unless Tua is gone at 5. If so it will be Simmons, Love, best LT on the board, best RB top of round 2

Even with our defensive additions, I still want Simmons. The versatility of him and Van Noy together...sign me up.
Simmons is very good but this is nice to have. We need the top pick devoted to QB. Either Tua or Justin Herbert. It's as simple as that. You're not in playoff contention without a top flight QB.

I get what you’re saying... but are the 49ers mad that Bosa “made business decisions” ?
He just didn't play. That's what I'm saying. Don't play so the team can move on, don't play to where you can cost them team with your play...not saying he did

Okay... I see so many mocks having us taking Swift in the 1st round. However, I have a real interest in Jonathan Taylor though. He is a freak of nature from a physical standpoint! Big and blazing fast! And he can catch out of the backfield. He is bigger, faster, and more durable then any back worth taking in my opinion.

Now... Can you imagine Isaiah Simmons or Derrick Brown added to what they did yesterday and today on Defense?

I suppose we need to find a QB in the 1st round. The question is who and where do you take him..
So...

Pick 5- Isaiah Simmons or Tua
Pick 18- Jordan Love or Andrew Thomas
Pick 26- Jonathan Taylor
Pick 39- Austin Jackson or Antoine Winfield
Pick 56- Solomon Kindley

Just my two cents.. LOL
If Tua is there at 5, I would be amazed if we did not take him. If We get Tua at 5, 18 has to be a T and Wirfs (I think) is the only RT.

So far we have all defense except Flowers and Jordan, right?
Flowers was rated as a C- (I can never remember to save the site tho I am sure the forum has seen it also). So the draft has to be Ol heavy.

I don’t see a RB at 26 as a being likely. I always thought 39 was a better spot.

In a perfect world it’s QB at 5 and OT at 18.

After that Center or Safety.

Those appear to be the 4 immediate needs although pulling 2 OTs out of the first 2 rounds is a strong possibility still.

RBs can be had at any point from 39 on down though depending on value. I see that as a third likelihood.

Wouldn’t be shocked if we trade down from 26 to 29-30-31ish and look to add another third.

I suspect the 5th and 6th rounders will be moved to next year.

Last edited:
It's starting to look like they decided to build the D thru FA and the O thru the draft. Expect QB, LT, RB 1,2, 3 unless Tua is gone at 5. If so it will be Simmons, Love, best LT on the board, best RB top of round 2
That seems to make sense.

Grant Delpit is a dude I'm starting to want. Slide right in, just needs to work on his tackling. Maybe our 2nd rounder?

i could see it.

if you can land a QB, OT, C in the first, you start considering the trade up possibility on day two to get that additional immediate starter.

I suspect most of Delpit, J. Jones, Epenesa, Gross-Matos will be there at 26 and create a window for a small trade down.

If we can procure an additional third, every pick after that can be traded to move up to ensure 2nd round targets or moves to next year for better value.

The position we are in is unreal.

We just need to keep an eye out for the Jaguars raining on our parade with a shrewd move up for Tua.

Back
Top Bottom