New England Patriots @ Dolphins Post game thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New England Patriots @ Dolphins Post game thread

I don't like those sweep runs. They take too long to develop and there's too much speed in the NFL for them. A couple of drives were killed by them.

Tua and everyone the NFL gets a pass week one. But if Tua is playing like this week 8 then Miami really has to start looking at the Lamar Jackson situation in Baltimore. It’s not that Tua is playing awful, but he has to take full advantage of these weapons if Miami hopes to compete with the like of Buffalo or KC. It’s about maximizing your talent and if there’s a guy available out there who would you have to consider it. Personally I hope Tua lights it up…. eventually. Hopefully.
Do you think the Ravens are going to let Lamar go? They will use the franchise tag on him if they have to. He’s not going anywhere.

I don’t care what any of you say, this was still BB and he has always been a defensive genius. He knew the only way to win the second half was to send the pressure to Tua and it worked for the most part. We all knew that was the only way they could stop all this speed. The line needs to get better, running game needs to get better, and Tua needs to not try to play hero ball all the time. All in all they won, McD got his first win as a HC, and there was enough to build on with that offense it was the 1st game of the season. I just hope the injury to Armsrtad isn’t bad.

Man. People are asking why our LS can't do anything other than long snaps.

Exhibit A: CIN game. Their LS got injured and doesn't finish the game. Bad snap at the end of regulation, and their stud kicker misses the XP. Now, in OT to win the game, an even worse snap, and McPherson misses.

Our D showed up.

Only 3 points from our offense in the 2nd half is tragic.
My stated goal was to score at least 6 points every quarter.
We scored in 3 of 4 quarters with one of those much more than 6 points.
We won.
We will win more if we score at least 6 points in every quarter!

I thought the game plan was reasonable and the play calling on offense "a breath of fresh air".
Overall, our win was convincing, and I expect the offense to get better over the next three to four games.
We got a lead, extended that lead and maintained that lead. This is what real NFL football is all about.

"Lemming" pollution should be contiguously recycled during the week!

This will help identify the whiners while helping us develop an immunity to those whose only pleasure in life is a form of public "self-flagellation" in the guise of "I told you so", in spite of the fact that we beat an historically good team and coach with our 1st year HC that no one else wanted.

I felt our QB demonstrated a consistently solid level of good play which is reflected in his 3-digit QBR.

Dolphins O will have to be much better.

Tua went out of his way to create multiple terrible plays that were nearly disastrous.
The only plays he makes are the scripted, in-rhythm throws. Any situation where he had to make a play we saw horrible, ugly football.
Tua posted evidence for the skeptics case today. He showed the opposite of having 'IT'.
Tannehill-esque 'awkward'. Zero poise. The longer he holds the ball, the worse the result.
Pretty disappointing from that standpoint.

Without context, it's hard to know if NEs D really caused bim to look bad. Are they good?
It seemed like there more plays to be made.
I guve Tua credit for making some plays and throws look very easy. He puts a lot Right On The Money, but usually only when in perfect rhythm.

Any win in the NFL is good. Beating Beli is always good. Tua is 4-0 vs Beli.
Great.

Just seems like we'll need Tua to be better than he was today. Hooefully he can be.

Back
Top Bottom