New ESPN poll re:dolphin draft pick | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New ESPN poll re:dolphin draft pick

Sims would be undersized for our system. I voted for Bunkley, who in reality will be gone by the time we pick. He could play DE in our 3-4 alignment and combine with Wright to make for a truely frightening DL.

Really strange set of choices. Bunkley, who will not be available. Then Sims, Wimbley, Whitner, and Tye Hill.

Yeah, I'd rather have Cromartie on that list instead of Hill. Bunkley will probably go in the top 10. Wimbley wont make it past Cleveland.

Ernie Sims is a carnivorous beast who ate up everything in site. And are we really criticizing the guys size? I think all who follow the Dolphins know that size isn't everything. Thomas, Welker...

I want Lawson...but Wimbley was the best choice here. IMO, our secondary doesn't need as much help as people think it does. I'd still like us to draft some secondary, but if there's a top-tier OLB available, I say we go after him in the first.

I voted for Donte Whitner. He is an explosive football player who will become a Pro Bowl player very quickly at the next level. I expect him to get a long look at corner, and if that works, as I think it will, I expect Daniels to move to Free Safety.

Strange list of choices. Surprised so many people picked Sims.

DNADD said:
Ernie Sims is a carnivorous beast who ate up everything in site. And are we really criticizing the guys size? I think all who follow the Dolphins know that size isn't everything. Thomas, Welker...

It's Saban who values size, the previous coach had a different criteria for his LB core.

Personally, I think the physical aspect is way over-rated(some positions anyway).

Motion said:
Strange list of choices.

I was looking for the "None of the above." choice.

IMO, Bunkley and Sims seem like the only guys worthy of a 16 pick.

Sorry all you Whitner fans, I just think he's over rated, one of those guys that shoots up the draftboard for no reason....

I picked Sims cause I think he is really the best "Football Player" on the list. Tell Zach and Nick Buoniconti about how Sims is undersized.

Where are the WR's?

Have you watched Whitner on tape?

I have three of his games and I have broken each one of them down. He is outstanding.

He line up over the slot, as the strong safety and even in the box. He is a player with the athleticism to dominate as a corner and the toughness to dominate as a safety.

He has unbelievable explosion and acceleration. His read and recognition skills are outstanding. He brings the wood and loves contact.

In my opinion, he is the second best defensive back in this draft behind Michael Huff.

Oh yeah, plus he tested through the roof at workouts.

There are plenty of reasons why he is rising up draft boards. Plenty.

I don't think it will be any of those guys...

The only one I would vote on is Sims, but I honestly do not believe it will be any of the players mentioned. I think Jackson, Greenway, Holmes, or Demarco Ryans will be more realistic selections. I completely disagree with ESPN on defensive back and in particular safety. I do not believe a safety other than Huff would be selected by the Dolphins. I also disagree with those who argue offensive line. I believe NT, WR, or LB. I am firm on that, but I could be wrong.

Lee2000

Many of those guys come from Kiper's viewpoints

And I simply believe he if wrong this year.

Lee2000

Back
Top Bottom