NEW FH Poll: Should Jeff Ireland be fired? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NEW FH Poll: Should Jeff Ireland be fired?

fin-atic

Are you a VIP?
Club Member
Reaction score
Well Tony was sent packing, but with several terrible drafts and poor moves should Jeff Ireland be fired too? Many fans feel strongly he should. What say you Dolphins Nation? Should he be fired?

Vote Here: www.finheaven.com

And then come back here and let us know your thoughts

-Matt

This is a great question. Simple, yet great question.

I'm going with NO. And I'm only saying no because it's tough for me to get a read on this guy even at this point. People pointed the finger at Parcells and all of the failed drafts that we had. I tend to lean in the direction that Parcells was more responsible for those drafts and Ireland was merely his puppet. Sparano and his staff failed to develop the draft picks in my opinion. So if I had to place blame, I'd lay it at the feet of Parcells and Sparano moreso than Ireland. This past draft wasn't that bad. You're gonna have some misses...but you can't have a miss like Pat White. We all know that this pick falls on Parcells.

So because of all of this, I'm willing to ride out Ireland one more season.

And think about this...look around the board. Look at the praise that Matt Moore is receiving for playing as well as he has. Give credit to Jeff Ireland for getting him in here and giving him a shot. Now I'm still not sold on Matt Moore because I think this NFL season as a whole is an aberration. Hell, even John Skelton is performing well. The lockout tremendously affected defenses this season. Some defenses, like ours, was able to catch up and play very very well. Some defenses, such as the Ravens, have just been together for so long that they hit the ground running.

Next year is a different story and I think we see QB play go back to "normal."

Draft picks
Jake Longhttp://www.nfl.com/players/phillipmerling/profile?id=MER427282
Phillip Merling
Kendell Langford
Vontae Davis
Sean Smith
Jared Odrick
Reshad Jones
Mike Pouncey
Charles Clay
Jimmy Wilson

Free agents and trades
Brandon Marshall
Reggie Bush
Carlos Dansby
Cameron Wake
Randy Starks
Kevin Burnett
Matt Moore

Cant say he hasn't gotten this team some talent yeah he has made some bad fa signings on the oline and and some bad picks like pat white and henne but for the most part hes done a pretty good job. Everyone trashed the matt moore signing and look how that turned out now we can draft a qb and have him sit behind moore until hes ready. Never have to see chad henne in a miami uni again.

No, because I really want to see what he can do without Parcells' influence or Sparano coaching the team. He's brought in some good talent to this team, but it's just so unfortunate that we've been a poorly coached team for the past three seasons. Ireland's seat may become red hot if he fails to land us a quality quarterback next season. Time to put this era of bad to mediocre or even okay QB behind this team. Do or die time for him.

Back
Top Bottom