New GM will | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New GM will

Originally posted by hunter5nc1
do what first?:confused:
If given full power. Fire Wanny. It wasn't Wanny's GM reponsibilities that tried to throw at 1st and goal (sounds like GW) it was his coaching. Wayne screwed up. I hink he told someone to tell Wanny he's fired as a coach and kept as a GM. Somehow somewhere someone said it the other way around.

Re: Re: New GM will

Originally posted by PhinstiGator

Shake hands with Mr "H".
sorry to be so vague I just have a feeling he will find a replacement for Jay I was curious of how many of you felt the same way. Do you think we will even have Jay on the roster next year?

Probably multitask. Go after either a Manning, Bruce, or big time offensive lineman see which of the trio is biting and take him.

Then go draft and small ball free agency for the remainder of the time.

Restructure Sam Madisons contract!!!!...Thats my bet!!...or cut him 1 of 2!!!

hopefully a new gm will quote "wake dave up" and tell him jay WILL NOT be the starter. the new gm should tell fiedler he will be the back up and if he does not accept that role at a reduced salary then it is time for him to look elsewhere.:D

Jay will be back next year. As long as Wanny is coach Jay has a job. But he probably won't be the starter. I just hope whoever the guy is that he REALLY has control and this isn't all a bunch of crap. If anyone read what Wolf was saying, he wanted to have full power (including the power to fire the coach). I think they would've worked something out if he didn't say that. Not because he would fire Dave right off the bat but he would if the team got off to a bad start. He also believes in drafting QBs early but Wanny likes to pick up undrafted FA QBs. He doesn't believe in drafting a player to groom.

DW isn't going to be fired by the GM whoever it is. And the 4th & 1.....who calls almost all offensive plays? Try Norv..

Originally posted by GreenFin
Jay will be back next year. As long as Wanny is coach Jay has a job. But he probably won't be the starter. I just hope whoever the guy is that he REALLY has control and this isn't all a bunch of crap. If anyone read what Wolf was saying, he wanted to have full power (including the power to fire the coach). I think they would've worked something out if he didn't say that. Not because he would fire Dave right off the bat but he would if the team got off to a bad start. He also believes in drafting QBs early but Wanny likes to pick up undrafted FA QBs. He doesn't believe in drafting a player to groom.
if jay has a job next year it BETTER be as the back up at a reduced salary. if jay comes back as the starter next year something is terribly wrong. there will be a better upgrade at the position out there,but if jay is the starter i will not like it and will feel like some have about dave being back.i can handle dave being back better than jay being the qb.although i will not act like some around here who are saying i wont support the team or go to games or buy merchandise.i will support the team like always i just wont have any high expectations of this team because it will only break my heart.

Originally posted by tenndolfan
if jay has a job next year it BETTER be as the back up at a reduced salary. if jay comes back as the starter next year something is terribly wrong. there will be a better upgrade at the position out there,but if jay is the starter i will not like it and will feel like some have about dave being back.i can handle dave being back better than jay being the qb.although i will not act like some around here who are saying i wont support the team or go to games or buy merchandise.i will support the team like always i just wont have any high expectations of this team because it will only break my heart.

I've been thinking lately that Jay will make a decent backup for some team, so why not us. We've struggled getting a decent fill-in at that position. After all he plays like one when he's the starter. The scary thing in this case, what if our starter goes on IR? Deja vu, that's what!:eek:

I was one of the guys who always thought Jay would be a better backup than starter...which was blashemy for some. But it's just the reality. Nice guy...good player. But he's too damn inconsistant. And all the pressure he's been under since day one has to play a factor with him. I mean he was outplayed by Huard and still given the starting job so many (including myself) never felt he really deserved it. And nobody was ever brought in to directly challenge him so we've been stuck for 4 years knowing exactly what we would get from him and never getting the chance to know any different. I think if he came in off the bench there would be less pressure and he could just relax and perform. However, if the O-line isn't fixed even Peyton Manning would look like crap with this team.

Originally posted by GreenFin
He also believes in drafting QBs early but Wanny likes to pick up undrafted FA QBs. He doesn't believe in drafting a player to groom.

This is incorrect, Ron Wolf is noted for not liking to draft QB's or WR's in the first. He likes to take lineman first and foremost.

You're right missedFG. My bad. He drafted Brunell in the 5th and Hasselback in the 6th and traded a 2nd or 3rd for Farve.
My bad man. Thanks for the correction...

Jay has said he won't stay as a back up. He said he will only stay if he has a chance to get the starting job going into training camp. He could start for plenty of teams that are worse off then we are.

Back
Top Bottom