New GOOD news | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New GOOD news

Damn, lots of Shanahan. I swear if I didn't know any better I would be on a RAIDER board. :lol: I was all for the Ramsey trade and feel he would be worht a conditional second rounder next year no question. I figure since we have Feeley, we are pretty much out of the running for another starting qb. Although, I think if our line was improved Ramsey could THRIVE here.

Originally posted by chambers84
Iwas once against getting Ramsey, BUT I would take him over Feeley for a conditional 2nd round pick ANY DAY OF THE WEEK..........especially Sundays and Mondays.
And sometimes Thursdays or Saturdays:D

But the only reason we went after Feeley was because Ramsey wasn't going to be there. Now if we can get Ramsey, shouldn't it be assumed that we would still want him?

"Michael Westbrook knocked someone out in Washington years back."

the someone Westbrook knocked out was Stephen Davis, Panthers running back. as i heard it then though it was kind of a sucker punch.

Originally posted by KATSKAN
Trade Yeremiah Bell for Kenoy Kennedy and let Chambers whomp and stomp him in practice. The team could form a circle around them and let him beat his a$$. Practice fights do happen, see Bill Romo-sapien last season and Michael Westbrook knocked someone out in Washington years back.

Ohhhhh, man would I love to see that. See that hit Kennedy put on Reggie Wayne? And he was laughing afterwards. Disgusting. He's the dirtiest player in the league.

I have to admit though, I don't think this is such a stupid trade for Denver. Has anyone noticed that every running back they put back there does well? And they have one of the best corners in football now. Let's see how Portis does behind a non-great offensive line (after excelling behind Miami's in college and Denver's the last two years).

IMO, Portis looked better then Gary and Anderson. I thought Portis was a perfect fit for their system.

Does the Shana-rat have final say over player personnel?

Shana-rat? As in "Rat-faced Shanahan"?? You sure remind me of someone else, a blast from the past. i've never heard of anyone else refer to Shanahan like this. You wouldn't happen to be a Husky fan from Atlanta now, would ya?? ;)

Originally posted by Dol-Fan Dupree
IMO, Portis looked better then Gary and Anderson. I thought Portis was a perfect fit for their system.

One step further.. Anderson, Gary (A Lion), Reuben Droughens and Quentin Griffith COMBINED don't have 1/4th the talent Portis does.

Originally posted by dreadlockera
Mike Williams will enter the draft.
The Washington Denver deal is comlleted if all involed agree to new contracts.

This is great news. Mike Williams may push a WR that would have been picked earlier to us at 20. Moreover, when the trade goes though it would be much more likly for Wash to now trade Ramsey. They need picks now and dont need a bad attitude on the roster. The team that gets him (I assume not us) would be taken out of the hunt for a rookie qb. If we want one we may get the chance at Rivers or other. I like.:D

Don't hold your breath... Why would Miami spend a first rounder on a young QB when they just traded a second rounder for one??? I know many people are cursing A.J. Feely's name, but ya might as well get used to the facts that he's going to be our signal caller this August. Not Rivers.. Not Losman.. Not Henson...

Believe it or not, the player Michael Westbrook beat up in practice was Stephen Davis!

The more teams in front of us with needs that have been met prior to the draft the better. I like the idea of landing Rivers and Clayton in round 1 (if Ogun signs with Seattle as expected). Did you know Seattle is also going to pursue TO? They are on our schedule in '04...(holy ****).

Originally posted by phinphanbill
Believe it or not, the player Michael Westbrook beat up in practice was Stephen Davis!

The more teams in front of us with needs that have been met prior to the draft the better. I like the idea of landing Rivers and Clayton in round 1 (if Ogun signs with Seattle as expected). Did you know Seattle is also going to pursue TO? They are on our schedule in '04...(holy ****).

I remember that fight.. If Westbrook would have shown 1/10th of the fire on the field that he did in that fight..

If Seattle's looking at TO, what do you think that bodes for the future of D.J?

How could you trade Clinton Portis at after just two years of service and a virtually nonexistent cap hit? That guy is cash money.

A VERY stupid trade! :smackhead :eek2: :jawdrop:

Re: Re: New GOOD news

Originally posted by Dolphins99Fan

Don't hold your breath... Why would Miami spend a first rounder on a young QB when they just traded a second rounder for one??? I know many people are cursing A.J. Feely's name, but ya might as well get used to the facts that he's going to be our signal caller this August. Not Rivers.. Not Losman.. Not Henson...

Wow, this is the first i've heard of Sea being a player in the OGun sweepstakes. Luckily, there are alot of teams that need DE pretty bad. Hopefully one of the other teams picking early like AZ, Was or NYG will get him first !! ;)

How could you trade Clinton Portis at after just two years of service and a virtually nonexistent cap hit? That guy is cash money.

cus he is going to be a problem. are you willling to risk him holding out if he doesnt get his contract restructed? plus, denver has a good system in developing RBs. they believe they can develop another RB & get a very good CB in the process.

Anyone on us one this board could be the running back for Denver and get 1000 yards with that offensive line!

Back
Top Bottom