New head coach will be from the offensive side of the ball!!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New head coach will be from the offensive side of the ball!!!!

By the way, IF they think Cam Cameron is really the right guy they NEED to wait for him even if it means that by February 5th Miami is still coahless...

They would still have a staff in place to go to the Senior Bowl, do player evals and work the cap.

The defensive staff should mostly stay in place and Hudson Houck would undoubtedly stay as well.

However, who knows maybe Schottenheimer is the leader in the clubhouse?

Should get interesting in the next few days.

By the way, IF they think Cam Cameron is really the right guy they NEED to wait for him even if it means that by February 5th Miami is still coahless...

They would still have a staff in place to go to the Senior Bowl, do player evals and work the cap.

The defensive staff should mostly stay in place and Hudson Houck would undoubtedly stay as well.

However, who knows maybe Schottenheimer is the leader in the clubhouse?

Should get interesting in the next few days.

It is either Gailey or Cameron, if it was anyone else they would have hired them before re-signing Capers because they have until Feb 1st to re-sign him.

It is either Gailey or Cameron, if it was anyone else they would have hired them before re-signing Capers because they have until Feb 1st to re-sign him.
I've thought about it and I dont think it necessarily means its Gailey or Cam. I think Wayne (and his advisors) want to keep Capers whether its Schotty, Gailey, or Cam in control. They would rather have continuity on the defense side rather than let either of the three canidates bring another guy with a different philosophy.

I really dont think Wayne wants to hang around till Feb to hire a coach, I think we'll have our coach sooner than that.

I've thought about it and I dont think it necessarily means its Gailey or Cam. I think Wayne (and his advisors) want to keep Capers whether its Schotty, Gailey, or Cam in control. They would rather have continuity on the defense side rather than let either of the three canidates bring another guy with a different philosophy.

I really dont think Wayne wants to hang around till Feb to hire a coach, I think we'll have our coach sooner than that.

I don't know what to think anymore :lol: now I am hearing that Brian Schottenheimer is going to be offered the job.

No it is in one of these threads someone said it was on WQAM.

:up:

I hope this is true, I'd love to have a young, offensive minded head coach like Shottenhiemer. Much like the Jets did in locking up Mangini a year ago, hiring Shottenhiemer now only makes sense. If we wait, we may miss out entirely. I love the thought of this, and I can't wait to see how this unfolds.....

PHINZ RULE!!!

No it is in one of these threads someone said it was on WQAM.

are we the only ones who like this Brian Schottenheimer? i havent heard his name being mentioned with any of the outher hc jobs.
doesnt his total lack of experience scare you? what makes him worthy of the HC job? hes only been a OC for 1 year and the jets o didnt impress me.
not trying to put him down but i dont understand all the hype.

are we the only ones who like this Brian Schottenheimer? i havent heard his name being mentioned with any of the outher hc jobs.
doesnt his total lack of experience scare you? what makes him worthy of the HC job? hes only been a OC for 1 year and the jets o didnt impress me.
not trying to put him down but i dont understand all the hype.

It scares me yes, I would rather have Cam Cameron but if we can't get Cam then Brian is the next best thing because he learned from Cam. Alot of our players are older then Brian though so you have to wonder how that is going to pan out if he is the coach. Should be interesting.

That's what so great!! There is no hype with Shottenhiemer, think about it, no more outrageous off-season expectations, and no more of the same old Dolphins!!!....

PHINZ RULE!!!

That's what so great!! There is no hype with Shottenhiemer, think about it, no more outrageous off-season expectations, and no more of the same old Dolphins!!!....

PHINZ RULE!!!

but the guy hasnt done or proven anything. he doesnt have the rep as a great offensive coach, in fact ive never even heard of him before this all started.
do you think being the son of marty is helping with us?
i dont have a problem with us hiring a guy with no HC experience, but i would like to have a guy that has more than a year leading a half a$$ offense.

but the guy hasnt done or proven anything. he doesnt have the rep as a great offensive coach, in fact ive never even heard of him before this all started.
I agree that it is kind of risky, but how many people heard of Eric Mangini or even Sean Payton before last year. Great coaches have to start somewhere.:dolphins:

Young inexperieinced HC tend to want the job really really bad and not just for money, but because it is their whole careers and they must succeed in their first gig in order to be set the rest of their life basically.

That is what I like about the Tomlins and shottys of the world. Not being set in your ways (Saban) can be a very good thing.

BTW, I do not think Cameron is one of the top considerations even if they lose tommorrow because they have already said that they could announce their HC by Wednesday which leads me to believe that Cameron is a plan B.

Back
Top Bottom