New Mock Draft! | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New Mock Draft!

PhinsRDbest said:
Id PM everybody to let them know where on round 2 first then shorten the time.

Well I usaully PM ppl when there pick is up. besides most ppl we realize its 4 hrs because they always are on here. That and I am asking for opinions.

FinFanSince'80 said:
Thank you Skeet.

And yes, he's got the frame to easily add weight and is an excellent athletic specimen. I didn't expect him to fall this far, and (not saying he's equal by any means) but he's built like Jason Taylor who does well in a 3-4 despite being lighter than a typical 3-4 DE.

His athleticism compensates. Plus the talent level at the other positions I considered was already down to the 4th, 5th or 6th rated guy.

Jason Taylor plays OE in our 3-4 scheme. Kevin Carter is the DE in our 3-4. The reason JT does so well is because he isnt playing DE.

FinFanSince'80 said:
Thank you Skeet.

And yes, he's got the frame to easily add weight and is an excellent athletic specimen. I didn't expect him to fall this far, and (not saying he's equal by any means) but he's built like Jason Taylor who does well in a 3-4 despite being lighter than a typical 3-4 DE.

His athleticism compensates. Plus the talent level at the other positions I considered was already down to the 4th, 5th or 6th rated guy.
ya... but Jason Taylor plays OLB/OE in the 3-4... not DE...

He is more of a pass rushing DE, and I see him ideally in the 4-3...

However, he is a great value pick... now the Steelers just have to figure out how to use him...

Skeet84 said:
Well I usaully PM ppl when there pick is up. besides most ppl we realize its 4 hrs because they always are on here. That and I am asking for opinions.
Yeah you can reduce the time.

Flyer22 said:
The Houston Texans pick Claude Wroten, DT LSU

wow... very interesting pick. He has the talent to be picked there no doubt... but I expect him to slide more due to his off the field problems (pushing trees)

Well since I am leaving work, if NO isnt around, I would vote Nick Mangold as their pick as they are losing LeCharles Bently in ***ency and dont have a starting C on their team......

FinNasty said:
ya... but Jason Taylor plays OLB in the 3-4... not DE...

He is more of a pass rushing DE, and I see him ideally in the 4-3...

However, he is a great value pick... now the Steelers just have to figure out how to use him...

As a Rush LB in a 3-4 or a DE in long 3rd down situations and provides depth on the D-line.

FinNasty said:
wow... very interesting pick. He has the talent to be picked there no doubt... but I expect him to slide more due to his off the field problems (pushing trees)
It is an interesting pick but considering they have Ferguson at LT, Davis at RB and Carr at QB, I would start to address the defense also. I would have considered Jean Gilles at OG here to help protect Carr but BPA defense would be a good pick here for Houston.

Bearing in mind that not everyone is in the same time zone we need some flexibility but 4 hours should be fine. We can always PM with our choice and options if necessary.

FinNasty said:
After O-line (D'Brick), Houston needs a Safety and DT. There aren't any Safeties good enough to picked there IMO, so Wroten was the pick. If he can clean up his act, he'll be an impact player.

Oh hey, I just realized something. Can I change my pick of Kiwanuka like the first guy did? I just saw something in the Steelers roster that bears addressing.

Skeet84 said:
As a Rush LB in a 3-4 or a DE in long 3rd down situations and provides depth on the D-line.

I dont know if Mathis could be a rush LB in the 3-4...

And you dont draft a guy in the 1st round to only use in 3rd and long situations...

It was a great value pick... but I dont see him fitting into their defense at all...

FinFanSince'80 said:
Oh hey, I just realized something. Can I change my pick of Kiwanuka like the first guy did? I just saw something in the Steelers roster that bears addressing.

Yeah change it quick!

Skeet84 said:
Yeah change it quick!
Pittsburgh picks Nick Mangold - C - Ohio State University.

Mathias Kiwanuka is still available. The more I look the more I think some of you were right that he's a great player but doesnt fit into Pittsburgh's scheme.

32. PITTSBURGH STEELERS - C - NICK MANGOLD

C | Ohio St. | It had been a while but Bill Cowher and the Steelers finally got over the hump and won their Super Bowl this year. However even though they are the best team in the land it doesn't mean they are without needs so don't look for them to deviate from their plans just for the sake of making a flashy pick in round one. No matter what era it has been the staple of the Pittsburgh Steelers offense has been the running game and as any football fan knows that all starts up front with the big uglies in the trenches. Jeff Hartings is getting up there in years and has a huge cap number so something will have to be done there, if not this year then shortly thereafter. That is where Nick Mangold comes in and while you don't often see centers chosen in the first round this guy has what it takes to be the exception. He is a rare athlete, and will anchor the Steelers O-Line for the next decade.

Technically the OTHER guy didnt pick, we picked for him only the 2nd guy who picked picked the same exact position that I picked first for Denver, so the 2nd pick made no sense at all.

Back
Top Bottom