New Pieces Coming Together On Offensive Line | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New Pieces Coming Together On Offensive Line

Fin Fan in Cali

Fins Up!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
https://www.miamidolphins.com/news/new-pieces-coming-together-on-offensive-line

“I’m really fired up,” Flaherty said Thursday when all Dolphins assistant coaches met with the media in Davie. “I had a conversation with both those guys the last two weeks, just checking to see how they’re doing and working out, make sure that they’re running and things like that to get ready for this weekend. Really looking forward to see how those guys develop because both played a lot of football at really good schools, Wisconsin and Ohio State. I’m fired up.

tfbgzqnjgvxyekbfahz6.jpg

I like the left side of Tunsil and Deiter, and IMHO, that's a definite long-term solution. The other three positions are up for grabs, IMHO. Kilgore is penciled in as starting C, but he can be beat out, he is old, and missed most of last year with injury … so his time is limited. I'm cautiously optimistic with Green at RG, but he didn't rate very well last year, so it's very much a projection (or guess). The RT battle is wide open, with Zach Sterup maybe being the starter. I see Isaiah Prince as a raw kid, so if he wins the competition I'll be convinced we're fully embracing the tank. But, I'm expecting Jesse Davis to win that battle. Jordan Mills is more of a flexible backup in my mind.

I like the left side of Tunsil and Deiter, and IMHO, that's a definite long-term solution. The other three positions are up for grabs, IMHO. Kilgore is penciled in as starting C, but he can be beat out, he is old, and missed most of last year with injury … so his time is limited. I'm cautiously optimistic with Green at RG, but he didn't rate very well last year, so it's very much a projection (or guess). The RT battle is wide open, with Zach Sterup maybe being the starter. I see Isaiah Prince as a raw kid, so if he wins the competition I'll be convinced we're fully embracing the tank. But, I'm expecting Jesse Davis to win that battle. Jordan Mills is more of a flexible backup in my mind.

Assume you meant Reed (damn spellcheck) but of course I had to go check the roster thinking I missed a signing. :-)

Our OL is gonna be a disaster on the right side next season, no matter how we slice it.

It's pretty crazy our OL has been notably bad for a full decade. Ten full years of rinse and repeat HORRIBLE offensive lines... pretty mind blowing.

I think Mills starts at RT with Prince perhaps getting time toward mid-season or when the team is out of the race.

Our OL is gonna be a disaster on the right side next season, no matter how we slice it.

It's pretty crazy our OL has been notably bad for a full decade. Ten full years of rinse and repeat HORRIBLE offensive lines... pretty mind blowing.
<checks calendar> sure ALLLL the teams pieces are coming together mid May. why haven't they named a starting QB yet?

<checks calendar> sure ALLLL the teams pieces are coming together mid May. why haven't they named a starting QB yet?
why would they. they want Rosen to earn it. Rosen will be starter by start of season. if OS can win game behind this line so can Rosen

key to our ol being health. we are winning 6 to 8 game yr, so ol is not that bad. the problems is ol does nt perform against top team when need.

Really not sure what you're getting at or if you're implying I'm wrong. I don't know a single person with a clue who actually expects our right side to be good. It's ok to admit our shitty OL is going to be shitty. It doesn't make you a bad fan.

Really not sure what you're getting at or if you're implying I'm wrong. I don't know a single person with a clue who actually expects our right side to be good. It's ok to admit our ****ty OL is going to be ****ty. It doesn't make you a bad fan.
I totally agreed with you. only the Dolphins official site would write this. **** its OK to be hyping but "pieces coming together" in mid May? rookies blocking air tells them this?

Back
Top Bottom