New possible starting 22 as of now | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New possible starting 22 as of now

Eich should be the backup C/G.....if he starts it'll be as a RG most likely depending on who we draft but I'm 99.9% sure he'll be on the team in 2024. We'll see what happens after that.
It’s possible he takes a leap this year. He will compete probably at RG with Robert Jones, and whomever else they bring in, and be a backup if he doesn’t win/earn the starting role. My hope is that he’s not starting because I can’t see him getting much better, but you never know…

I think it's a mistake counting on both Chubb and Phillips returning at full strength. Chubb will most likely not be ready until late in the season. And may not return 100%. Phillips could be ready much earlier, but the question is, how close to 100%. We may not see either return to form until 2025? And by that time Chubb is a potential cap casualty.

It's almost a guarantee Miami will be looking at an Edge player with their early round picks. The Edge position is top heavy, not much after the first 7-10 players. Making it almost a necessity to select one.
Agree, Fins cannot count on either of them to perform at the top of their games in 2024.

We currently have 7 WR's on roster. Waddle, Hill, EZ, Berrios, Braylon Sanders, Anthony Schwartz, Matt Sexton. But all won't be on game day roster.
The only 2 that are worth anything are Hill and Waddle. Rest are bottom of roster guys. Need a #3 for sure. Berrios disappears, and the rest are complete unknowns for various reasons.

An upgrade at both Guard spots is needed. As it stands now, this is probably one of the weakest OL's in the league...again!
Due to cap concerns, they may be counting on a battle between Jones and Eich at RG. I can live with that, not my 1st preference obviously, IF they get a stud at LG and re sign Lamm to back up TA. By stud I mean a top 50 pick or one of the remaining good top notch vets.

Due to cap concerns, they may be counting on a battle between Jones and Eich at RG. I can live with that, not my 1st preference obviously, IF they get a stud at LG and re sign Lamm to back up TA. By stud I mean a top 50 pick or one of the remaining good top notch vets
Honestly, we cannot have Eich starting on this team. He is a major liability.

No we don’t
Yes we do. Mostert died out towards end of the season. That's happens when you get in your 30,s. Dude will be 33. Both are injury phone and explain how we don't need a RB? We need a big back to mix up with Achane next year. We need to draft a RB in the later rounds. Mostert will only play 1 more season here. Best to draft a RB and let him learn a year.

Last edited:
We have Mostert, Achane, Ahmed and Brooks. Why?.
Mostert is old... and has always been injury prone.
Achane is small... and was also injured.
Achmed is small... and will likely be cut.
Brooks was deservedly a UDFA. He's not starting material.

We have a lot of fair to middling backs.

We could draft a much better option.

I thought Kendall Lamm did decent last year for us. Haven't heard anything about him. Would be good depth signing.
According to Pro Football Focus, Lamm was a starting-caliber offensive tackle in 2023, posting a 64.3 overall grade. He was also the 41st-best tackle in pass protection (67.1) which was better than Austin Jackson, who was No. 53 (62.3).

It’s unlikely that Lamm will receive a massive payday when he hits the market in a few weeks, so Miami should strongly consider bringing him back as a depth option.

Jackson and Armstead haven’t exactly been the healthiest players during their tenure with the Dolphins, so there’s a high probability that Miami have to start a backup at some point. Having someone who knows the system and has done well in it would be a smart move, especially considering he’ll likely cost less than $5 million annually.

According to Pro Football Focus, Lamm was a starting-caliber offensive tackle in 2023, posting a 64.3 overall grade. He was also the 41st-best tackle in pass protection (67.1) which was better than Austin Jackson, who was No. 53 (62.3).

It’s unlikely that Lamm will receive a massive payday when he hits the market in a few weeks, so Miami should strongly consider bringing him back as a depth option.

Jackson and Armstead haven’t exactly been the healthiest players during their tenure with the Dolphins, so there’s a high probability that Miami have to start a backup at some point. Having someone who knows the system and has done well in it would be a smart move, especially considering he’ll likely cost less than $5 million annually.

My thoughts as well.

Hardest decision to make. They are both need positions, with the injury question marks surrounding Chubb and Phillips. I'd personally select into the depth of the draft, which is the Oline. And try to find an edge they can develop in the 2nd. So I agree getting that stud that can solidify a long time problem would be my choice.

I imagine that's the approach our FO will take, especially after you look at which positions we have brought on board so far.

Back
Top Bottom