New possible starting 22 as of now | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New possible starting 22 as of now

I am not the biggest Chubb fan to begin with so I’m not going to pretend I’m expecting he will be very effective next year. I think there is a strong chance it’s his last year in Miami.

I am much higher on Jaelen Phillips but his injury is more serious long term. It’s hard to come back the same from the Achilles.
Chubb was looking like dpoy at one point last year. Agreed that Phillips may not be the same.

Yep. I'm not discounting that Eichenberg or Jones can further develop, but absolutely have to upgrade there.

To go a step further, it probably needs to be a pick at 21 or 53, maybe even both. With the assumption that one might be able to play guard in 2024 and then move to tackle in 2025.
I think we are going to draft an O-lineman with one of the first 2 picks. Either an OT who can play LG or a versatile interior O-lineman who can play both C and OG.

Eichenberg and Jones will compete for the RG spot. I think Eichenberg will turn out to be a pleasant surprise at RG. He told Omar Kelly that he feels that is the position he is best suited to play. Now with Hunt gone, we will find out.

Anybody else think we need another veteran corner? I'm nervous about a big injury there.

I am not counting on Phillips being back week 1, let alone picking up where he left off.

The Achilles takes a year.

I am lower on Chubb coming back very effective.
Terrell Suggs came back from his first Achilles tear in 5 and a half months. They don't always take a year. Though Suggs' recovery was extreme.
He had a second Achilles tear three years later but was back by Week 1 the next season and had 8 and 11 sacks that year and the next.

The thing is, you really don't know how long it will take for Phillips to be back 100%. None of us do.

Anybody else think we need another veteran corner? I'm nervous about a big injury there.
I agree, maybe Tre'Davious White post June 1. We should be able to get him on a discount due to his ACL injury last year. It happened in week 4 against us so he should be ready to go early in the season.

Need a RB. I dont think Mosert will fo what he did last year. Both are injury phone. We need a RB and we sure need to up the OL.

the thing with edge is at 21 we might be able to get the 4th Edge off the board at best while we could draft the top IOL of the whole draft. That's something I take into consideration. People often say you have to keep drafting QB's till you hit on one. Well, look how many have gotten drafted in the first round the last 2 or 3 years that have ended getting traded for nothing cause they can’t wait to get rid of them. drafting for need with your top pick is not the way to go. The BPA at 21 will be OL or WR unless something crazy happens with the top 20
Hardest decision to make. They are both need positions, with the injury question marks surrounding Chubb and Phillips. I'd personally select into the depth of the draft, which is the Oline. And try to find an edge they can develop in the 2nd. So I agree getting that stud that can solidify a long time problem would be my choice.

Now mind you this is from espn but was just looking at their latest depth chart since the official site is not updated yet and here's what they have
QB-Tua
RB-Mostert-Achane
FB-Ingold
TE-Smythe-Smith
WR-Hill
WR-Waddle
WR-EZ
LT-Armstead
LG-Jones
C-Brewer
RG-Eich
RT-Jackson

LDE-Jonathan Harris
NT-Benito Jones
RDE-Seiler
WLB-Phillips
ILB-Long
ILB-Brooks
SLB-Chubb
LCB-Fuller
RCB-Ramsey
SS-Poyer
FS-Holland

I know we have the draft coming up in 40 days so we'll see what changes but I think as of right now this is pretty accurate
EZ will not be the starter. They will be drafting a starter like Deon Coleman, or sign another vet WR after X’s money comes available in June. Lots still to happen before we have a finalized roster.

There are a couple things to look at here at EDGE, IMO…two sides of the same coin.

1) Even if Phillips and Chubb beat their expected timetables, I don’t think either of them will be as productive early in their first season back. Phillips’ injury actually concerns me more than Chubb’s, because it’s not easy to get one’s explosiveness back after an Achilles injury.

2) That being said, Miami has not one, but two players who are now over a full season removed from an Achilles injury: Shaq Barrett and Nik Needham. And while it’s not easy to get explosiveness back after an Achilles, it’s certainly more likely than it used to be.

I don’t know that we see Phillips or Chubb until October. If we do, I don’t know that they’ll be super productive until December.

However, I think Barrett might come out of the gate pretty hot. If Miami can produce pressure with Barrett and some combination of what’s on the roster now and FA/Draft, Phillips and Chubb rounding into form late in the season might work out perfectly.

We must upgrade at least 1 of those guards.
An upgrade at both Guard spots is needed. As it stands now, this is probably one of the weakest OL's in the league...again!

The season is over before it begins if Eich is taking any meaningful snaps. He's the ****ing worst and they deserve it if he's penciled in to start.

He should've been loaded into a cannon and shot straight into the sun 3 years ago.
Agree! He's not NFL caliber.

Back
Top Bottom