New possible starting 22 as of now | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New possible starting 22 as of now

I don’t want to wait till the 2nd round to draft OL.....take a top guy and fix the OL once and for all

I hear ya and I agree but a RG won't stop Patrick Mahomes if he has the ball with 2 minutes left in the game.

Its a deep OG class, its not very deep in terms of pass rushers.

It wasn't just Mahomes who got up early on us. Will Levis and Bryce Young's offenses got out to leads on us as well. Shaq Barrett isn't enough to prevent that from happening again, especially with our top 2 edge guys VERY questionable right now.

If you can't find a RG in the 2nd round, its a shame.

The season is over before it begins if Eich is taking any meaningful snaps. He's the ****ing worst and they deserve it if he's penciled in to start.

He should've been loaded into a cannon and shot straight into the sun 3 years ago.

I guess we're picking a WR in the draft because those three are the only ones we have under contract I think, and one of them is EZ
They also have Schwartz and Sexton as WR’s on their roster at this time. Yet I agree they need to add a WR in the draft and at least one or two WR’s in free agency.

I won’t be surprised if they still bring back Berrios and Cracraft if the price is right.

As it stands right now it's Barret and Goode.
Yes, that’s true. But games aren’t played until Sept., so we’’ll See where we are then. I wouldn’t rule out another free agent or draft pick as well at this position.

The season is over before it begins if Eich is taking any meaningful snaps. He's the ****ing worst and they deserve it if he's penciled in to start.

He should've been loaded into a cannon and shot straight into the sun 3 years ago.

They're just waiting for replacements before giving him his walking papers. His $3.66M salary will pay for our entire 2024 draft class.

They're just waiting for replacements before giving him his walking papers. His $3.66M salary will pay for our entire 2024 draft class.
Eich is going nowhere .....McDaniel really likes him. The guy played everywhere last year and he played hurt in every game.

Defense doesn't look bad, although that's with Phillips and Chubb.

The need for at least one big upgrade at guard is pretty obvious. Might have to count on one of Jones or Eichenberg to start.

Currently, there's no depth at wide receiver and Miami's counting on rotational players at DT.

Does anyone else think a pass rusher is high on the needs list?

Defense doesn't look bad, although that's with Phillips and Chubb.

The need for at least one big upgrade at guard is pretty obvious. Might have to count on one of Jones or Eichenberg to start.

Currently, there's no depth at wide receiver and Miami's counting on rotational players at DT.

Does anyone else think a pass rusher is high on the needs list?
there's a few things to consider with a pass rusher.....first, if Chubb and Phillips were healthy and ready to go then we wouldn’t even be talking about Edge, at least not in the first round.

But, they're both hurt and we don’t know when they'll be back. Barrett should help till one or both come back. MaDaniel has said that Edge is his favorite position on a football team so drafting one is always possible and yet, do we want to take a player with our top pick that you know won’t be starting once the other two come back? Is that really value?

Hard to tell what they will do and of course we have to see how the board goes but I'd wait till day two for an edge.

As for the guard spots. I expect one of the starting guard to be a player already on the team. Not saying that's what I want but rather, that's how I think the team will go about it

there's a few things to consider with a pass rusher.....first, if Chubb and Phillips were healthy and ready to go then we wouldn’t even be talking about Edge, at least not in the first round.

But, they're both hurt and we don’t know when they'll be back. Barrett should help till one or both come back. MaDaniel has said that Edge is his favorite position on a football team so drafting one is always possible and yet, do we want to take a player with our top pick that you know won’t be starting once the other two come back? Is that really value?

Hard to tell what they will do and of course we have to see how the board goes but I'd wait till day two for an edge.

As for the guard spots. I expect one of the starting guard to be a player already on the team. Not saying that's what I want but rather, that's how I think the team will go about it
Agree. I will add that Chubb's contract could become problematic and Phillips will need to be paid soon. So, maybe a pass rusher isn't a bad idea, especially for planning ahead.

We see where these contracts are going. Can Miami afford both Chubb and Phillips moving forward?

As an aside, even though Barrett had a relatively down year with just 4.5 sacks last season, he had 56 quarterback pressures. That would have been second on Miami to Chubb's 70. Barrett could be a great add.

Now mind you this is from espn but was just looking at their latest depth chart since the official site is not updated yet and here's what they have
QB-Tua
RB-Mostert-Achane
FB-Ingold
TE-Smythe-Smith
WR-Hill
WR-Waddle
WR-EZ
LT-Armstead
LG-Jones
C-Brewer
RG-Eich
RT-Jackson

LDE-Jonathan Harris
NT-Benito Jones
RDE-Seiler
WLB-Phillips
ILB-Long
ILB-Brooks
SLB-Chubb
LCB-Fuller
RCB-Ramsey
SS-Poyer
FS-Holland

I know we have the draft coming up in 40 days so we'll see what changes but I think as of right now this is pretty accurate
It would be more accurate as #1CB and #2CB.

That IOL is scary to look at and think of pass protection!! No wonder Tua is trying to trim down more this off-season lol...yikes...we need a high draft pick there just to make it serviceable!!

Back
Top Bottom