New possible starting 22 as of now | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New possible starting 22 as of now

I like it. Better at some spots (secondary, TE, ILB), worse at others (OL, DL; not including OLB b/c that should be about even once everyone is back). Hopefully we can hit on some picks and make some further upgrades.

It would be more accurate as #1CB and #2CB.

That IOL is scary to look at and think of pass protection!! No wonder Tua is trying to trim down more this off-season lol...yikes...we need a high draft pick there just to make it serviceable!!
Yep. I'm not discounting that Eichenberg or Jones can further develop, but absolutely have to upgrade there.

To go a step further, it probably needs to be a pick at 21 or 53, maybe even both. With the assumption that one might be able to play guard in 2024 and then move to tackle in 2025.

I hear ya and I agree but a RG won't stop Patrick Mahomes if he has the ball with 2 minutes left in the game.

Its a deep OG class, its not very deep in terms of pass rushers.

It wasn't just Mahomes who got up early on us. Will Levis and Bryce Young's offenses got out to leads on us as well. Shaq Barrett isn't enough to prevent that from happening again, especially with our top 2 edge guys VERY questionable right now.

If you can't find a RG in the 2nd round, its a shame.
No an OG won't stop Mahomes with 2 minutes left...

but he very may well extend the hopeful scoring drive with 2.5 minutes to go instead of punting with Jake fvckn Bailey to Mahomes with 2 minutes left...

and maybe that OG creates a hole for our backs to pick up that 1st down or pass blocks long enough that Tua can look off one WR and throw to Hill streaking down the field....

Not having to worry about Mahomes with the ball and 2 minutes!!

No an OG won't stop Mahomes with 2 minutes left...

but he very may well extend the hopeful scoring drive with 2.5 minutes to go instead of punting with Jake fvckn Bailey to Mahomes with 2 minutes left...

and maybe that OG creates a hole for our backs to pick up that 1st down or pass blocks long enough that Tua can look off one WR and throw to Hill streaking down the field....

Not having to worry about Mahomes with the ball and 2 minutes!!

I hear ya but you should be able to find that in round 2.

Yep. I'm not discounting that Eichenberg or Jones can further develop, but absolutely have to upgrade there.

To go a step further, it probably needs to be a pick at 21 or 53, maybe even both. With the assumption that one might be able to play guard in 2024 and then move to tackle in 2025.
Actually no need for a rookie to play OG in 2024 then move to OT in 2025.....what I'd do is leave the rookie at guard and draft an OT in 2025.....as it stands now we might have 11 picks in 2025 including 3 picks in the 3rd round......that's when I'd go for the OT/Edge combo early

I hear ya but you should be able to find that in round 2.
if you mean you can find OG in the 2nd round, yes you can but you have a sure starter at 21.......which OG's do you like at 55 in this draft?

if you mean you can find OG in the 2nd round, yes you can but you have a sure starter at 21.......which OG's do you like at 55 in this draft?

Bebe, Haynes, Mahoganey.

Their is a bigger gap talent between 1st/2nd round edge rushers than there is between 1st/2nd round OG prospects.

About as big a gap as there is between the level of importance between the two positions.

Now mind you this is from espn but was just looking at their latest depth chart since the official site is not updated yet and here's what they have
QB-Tua
RB-Mostert-Achane
FB-Ingold
TE-Smythe-Smith
WR-Hill
WR-Waddle
WR-EZ
LT-Armstead
LG-Jones
C-Brewer
RG-Eich
RT-Jackson

LDE-Jonathan Harris
NT-Benito Jones
RDE-Seiler
WLB-Phillips
ILB-Long
ILB-Brooks
SLB-Chubb
LCB-Fuller
RCB-Ramsey
SS-Poyer
FS-Holland

I know we have the draft coming up in 40 days so we'll see what changes but I think as of right now this is pretty accurate
And pretty good. - LOL

Bebe, Haynes, Mahoganey.

Their is a bigger gap talent between 1st/2nd round edge rushers than there is between 1st/2nd round OG prospects.

About as big a gap as there is between the level of importance between the two positions.
I think Beebe will be gone....the other two should be there.....I agree about the gap but I don’t want to take an Edge player just to take one.....which Edge do you like that you think will make it to 21?

I think it's a mistake counting on both Chubb and Phillips returning at full strength. Chubb will most likely not be ready until late in the season. And may not return 100%. Phillips could be ready much earlier, but the question is, how close to 100%. We may not see either return to form until 2025? And by that time Chubb is a potential cap casualty.

It's almost a guarantee Miami will be looking at an Edge player with their early round picks. The Edge position is top heavy, not much after the first 7-10 players. Making it almost a necessity to select one.

Now mind you this is from espn but was just looking at their latest depth chart since the official site is not updated yet and here's what they have
QB-Tua
RB-Mostert-Achane
FB-Ingold
TE-Smythe-Smith
WR-Hill
WR-Waddle
WR-EZ
LT-Armstead
LG-Jones
C-Brewer
RG-Eich
RT-Jackson

LDE-Jonathan Harris
NT-Benito Jones
RDE-Seiler
WLB-Phillips
ILB-Long
ILB-Brooks
SLB-Chubb
LCB-Fuller
RCB-Ramsey
SS-Poyer
FS-Holland

I know we have the draft coming up in 40 days so we'll see what changes but I think as of right now this is pretty accurate
You listed 12 offensive positions. We either go 3 WR and no FB or 2 WR with a FB.
We should upgrade WR3. I'm not sold on EZ. I would look to add KJ Osborn in FA or draft a WR.
I also think we upgrade at LG in the draft. Either a LT who will play LG as a rookie or a C who can also play OG.

I think we will upgrade LDE in the draft, maybe with Byron Murphy.
Chubb is not going to be ready to start the season. Thats why we signed Barrett.
Phillips is also not going to be ready to start the season. We will have to address OLB in the draft or FA.
The rest of the starting defense seems right.

QB-Tua
RB-Mostert-Achane
FB-Ingold
TE-Smythe-Smith
WR-Hill
WR-Waddle
WR-EZ
LT-Armstead
LG-Jones
C-Brewer
RG-Eich
RT-Jackson

LDE-Jonathan Harris
NT-Benito Jones
RDE-Seiler
WLB-Phillips
ILB-Long
ILB-Brooks
SLB-Chubb
LCB-Fuller
RCB-Ramsey
SS-Poyer
FS-Holland

IMO, Hand at LDE rather than Harris. Phillips was usually on the left side which is usually the strong side, and Chubb was usually on the right side which is usually the weak side, so JP should be the SLB and Chubb the WLB.

Last edited:
I think it's a mistake counting on both Chubb and Phillips returning at full strength. Chubb will most likely not be ready until late in the season. And may not return 100%. Phillips could be ready much earlier, but the question is, how close to 100%. We may not see either return to form until 2025? And by that time Chubb is a potential cap casualty.

It's almost a guarantee Miami will be looking at an Edge player with their early round picks. The Edge position is top heavy, not much after the first 7-10 players. Making it almost a necessity to select one.
Well, a couple of years ago, Brooks tore his ACL in the Seahawks' last game of the season and was back in the lineup in Week 1 the next and played every game. So, if I were betting, I'd bet Chubb is back much sooner than most seem to expect.

I think Beebe will be gone....the other two should be there.....I agree about the gap but I don’t want to take an Edge player just to take one.....which Edge do you like that you think will make it to 21?

Latu.

Eich is going nowhere .....McDaniel really likes him. The guy played everywhere last year and he played hurt in every game.
Folks seem to ignore the fact that Eich played through a lower unit injury, ankle or foot, late in the season that severely hampered him, but kept his mouth shut and kept gutting it out. Eich is a much better OG than he is a C, and if we upgrade at LG and end up starting Eich at RG, it would still make a pretty good starting OL. A year ago, the dreaded B word was bandied about regarding Jackson, and he played well enough for half his season 4 to get a contract extension. Why couldn't the stars also align for Eich in his 4th season where he could just stay at RG, and raise his performance along the path that Jackson did?

Back
Top Bottom