New possible starting 22 as of now | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New possible starting 22 as of now

Eich should be the backup C/G.....if he starts it'll be as a RG most likely depending on who we draft but I'm 99.9% sure he'll be on the team in 2024. We'll see what happens after that.
One year ago, I was constantly saying why don't we re-sign Brandon Shell to start at RT and relegate the bust Ajax to his rightful place on the bench? So now, when it comes to Eich and his future, I'm thinking I better hold my water.

Well, a couple of years ago, Brooks tore his ACL in the Seahawks' last game of the season and was back in the lineup in Week 1 the next and played every game. So, if I were betting, I'd bet Chubb is back much sooner than most seem to expect.
Anything is possible. I guess.

Once again for the record....I didn’t come up with that depth chart....I indicated that it was from espn though at this point I'd think is pretty accurate with maybe one or two exceptions

I think it's a mistake counting on both Chubb and Phillips returning at full strength. Chubb will most likely not be ready until late in the season. And may not return 100%. Phillips could be ready much earlier, but the question is, how close to 100%. We may not see either return to form until 2025? And by that time Chubb is a potential cap casualty.

It's almost a guarantee Miami will be looking at an Edge player with their early round picks. The Edge position is top heavy, not much after the first 7-10 players. Making it almost a necessity to select one.

I agree with taking an Edge player.

I'm not satisfied we need to do it with our earliest picks, without confirming that there aren't better players available that would be difference makers on our team, wither they come from the Draft or from Free Agency.

We won't know that until draft day.

That's the facts, Jack!

I think it's a mistake counting on both Chubb and Phillips returning at full strength. Chubb will most likely not be ready until late in the season. And may not return 100%. Phillips could be ready much earlier, but the question is, how close to 100%. We may not see either return to form until 2025? And by that time Chubb is a potential cap casualty.

It's almost a guarantee Miami will be looking at an Edge player with their early round picks. The Edge position is top heavy, not much after the first 7-10 players. Making it almost a necessity to select one.
the thing with edge is at 21 we might be able to get the 4th Edge off the board at best while we could draft the top IOL of the whole draft. That's something I take into consideration. People often say you have to keep drafting QB's till you hit on one. Well, look how many have gotten drafted in the first round the last 2 or 3 years that have ended getting traded for nothing cause they can’t wait to get rid of them. drafting for need with your top pick is not the way to go. The BPA at 21 will be OL or WR unless something crazy happens with the top 20

Anything is possible. I guess.
If we look back 10 years or so, I seem to recall Wes Welker tearing his ACL at the end of the season and also returning by Week 1 the following season. These days, with all the medical advancements, players are generally rehabbing much faster. When folks say they don't expect Chubb back till the late season this year, it seems to me they're thinking like it is currently 1990 or thereabouts.

Folks seem to ignore the fact that Eich played through a lower unit injury, ankle or foot, late in the season that severely hampered him, but kept his mouth shut and kept gutting it out. Eich is a much better OG than he is a C, and if we upgrade at LG and end up starting Eich at RG, it would still make a pretty good starting OL. A year ago, the dreaded B word was bandied about regarding Jackson, and he played well enough for half his season 4 to get a contract extension. Why couldn't the stars also align for Eich in his 4th season where he could just stay at RG, and raise his performance along the path that Jackson did?
Eichenberg’s best position is RG and I get the sense the plan is to let him have first crack at that starting job.

We probably bring back Wynn for LG.

And we probably add Connor Williams with some of the Xavien cap space in June and stash him on PUP until he’s 100% and one of our interior OL starters gets dinged up or shits the bed.

I doubt we go OL with either of our top two picks unless we trade down.

I’m expecting DT and EDGE with those top two picks, in whichever order.

The fact that Phillips should be back by week 1. Chubbs might miss sept

I am not counting on Phillips being back week 1, let alone picking up where he left off.

The Achilles takes a year.

I am lower on Chubb coming back very effective.

I am not counting on Phillips being back week 1, let alone picking up where he left off.

The Achilles takes a year.

I am lower on Chubb coming back very effective.
People come back from acl’s with no problem. Achilles it takes a while to get the burst back. But he should be ready week 1.

I guess we're picking a WR in the draft because those three are the only ones we have under contract I think, and one of them is EZ
We currently have 7 WR's on roster. Waddle, Hill, EZ, Berrios, Braylon Sanders, Anthony Schwartz, Matt Sexton. But all won't be on game day roster.

People come back from acl’s with no problem. Achilles it takes a while to get the burst back. But he should be ready week 1.

I am not the biggest Chubb fan to begin with so I’m not going to pretend I’m expecting he will be very effective next year. I think there is a strong chance it’s his last year in Miami.

I am much higher on Jaelen Phillips but his injury is more serious long term. It’s hard to come back the same from the Achilles.

Back
Top Bottom