New Respect For James Mcknight | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New Respect For James Mcknight

unclemonty

Dolphins, Buckeyes, MMA, and hot chicks
Reaction score
WOW, that's all I can say.
McKnight is playing like an absolute beast tonight. I kind of questioned his salary before tonight, boy was I wrong. He's making plays all over the field. He's getting open, making sweet catches, and his special teams plays have been awesome!!!! He gets down the field so fast and makes things happen. He caused a fumble and a big loss on punt coverage and has awesome containment. GOOD FOR YOU MCKNIGHT, HOPE IT CONTINUES INTO THE SEASON!!

I glad someone see his McDrops, yea right, I mean McPlaymaker playmaking ability. I love it when a debate comes to a head in the right way. All he did last year was make plays, and still does.

I'm very pleased with his showing tonight but its not one game that will make me confident about his ability. He did show alot of promise today and most importantly he held onto the ball. Lets hope this keeps on going in the regular season. I did like his route running today which is something I always felt he did not excel at.

Originally posted by CanadianFish
I'm very pleased with his showing tonight but its not one game that will make me confident about his ability. He did show alot of promise today and most importantly he held onto the ball. Lets hope this keeps on going in the regular season. I did like his route running today which is something I always felt he did not excel at.

Come on, the guy did it over and over last year at the end of the season when he got his chance. He only dropped that one ball in the Balt. game and he's still being beating up on..He's proven his worth last year..Give the man his due. He's a playmaker who will make plays again for us this year. No doubt in my mind.

I think Mcknight is gonna have a awesome year as the 3rd receiver, deifinately an upgrade over having Ward at that position late in the year last year. I think Mcknight might even have a better season there then Chambers will have as the number one receiver.

Chambers definately should have made that jumping catch tonight his arms are long enough that he should have went higher and not have tried to catch it in his shoulder pads.

btw, why aren't you saying this about Chris Chambers who should have gone up and taken that deep pass away from Buccanon. It was under throw, but Chris has to come down with those Period.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
btw, why aren't you saying this about Chris Chambers who should have gone up and taken that deep pass away from Buccanon. It was under throw, but Chris has to come down with those Period.

Your right I am harder on Mcknight then Chambers and that is for 2 reasons.
1) I think Mcknight has so much potential yet has never shown the NFL what he is capable of. :cry:
2) I will always prefere an Imcomplete to a fumble. :fire:

You are right Chambers has to come down with those if not he should and will lose his #1 spot. Mcknight is playing alot better since the end of last season a couple more like this and I will be off his back I promise :goof:

I almost think Chambers needs to get demoted to the #2 receiver right now because the many deep balls the past season and this season he should have caught and he has missed them all. He seems to make the mistake of trying to catch balls with his shoulder pads instead of just his hands.

I wouldn't be surprised that if the pattern stays like this that Thompson will be the #1 receiver at some point.

Your right I am harder on Mcknight then Chambers and that is for 2 reasons.
1) I think Mcknight has so much potential yet has never shown the NFL what he is capable of. :cry:
2) I will always prefere an Imcomplete to a fumble. :fire:

You are right Chambers has to come down with those if not he should and will lose his #1 spot. Mcknight is playing alot better since the end of last season a couple more like this and I will be off his back I promise :goof:

Chris, OG, Ward, Ricky, they've all fumbled, and the last 7 games of last year plus this year's TC, PS, Scrimage. How many games does he have to go.. Some are just late bloomers, but he blooming already, give the man his due. He will miss some passes this year and fumble too, but that's part of the game. Ricky fumbled tonight. Sage fumbled for a defensive TD. Not one word from anyone, Mcknight made more plays than OG and Chambers last year. It's time.

Originally posted by eckerdguy
I almost think Chambers needs to get demoted to the #2 receiver right now because the many deep balls the past season and this season he should have caught and he has missed them all. He seems to make the mistake of trying to catch balls with his shoulder pads instead of just his hands.

I wouldn't be surprised that if the pattern stays like this that Thompson will be the #1 receiver at some point.

Its still pre-season an he is guaranteed the #1 spot he may be trying to prevent injury and not giving his 100%. At least its what I am hoping.

Originally posted by eckerdguy

I second that notion, and it actually might take the pressure off of Chambers in the process.

Good though, but it won't happen.

Its still pre-season an he is guaranteed the #1 spot he may be trying to prevent injury and not giving his 100%. At least its what I am hoping.

Excuses, Excuses, Excuses, are tools of imcompetance that build monuments of nothingness, and those who specialize in them are seldom good at anything else. This is his 3rd year, 2nd at #1, it's time for him to step up, we need to stop hoping and see results.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

Excuses, Excuses, Excuses, are tools of imcompetance that build monuments of nothingness, and those who specialize in them are seldom good at anything else. This is his 3rd year, 2nd at #1, it's time for him to step up, we need to stop hoping and see results.

You might be a bit harsh, tis the preseason. Kick em in the arse game 1 if he doesn't show up, but don't put too much sauce in preseason games.

I went to practice the other day and Chambers was the one receiver who caught everything with his hands and looked the most natural doing it...go figure

Back
Top Bottom