New Starting QB in 2007 | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New Starting QB in 2007

Regan21286 said:
Marino still fared decently without the Marks brothers.
Montana also fared decently when he made the move to KC.

Look at Brees. He came into the season with a questionmark at OL, an aging oft-injured WR in Joe Horn, relative unknowns in Colston, Henderson, and Copper, and no receiving TE.

Decently? I want Culpepper to be better than decent.

As far as New Orleans goes...

LT Jammal Brown was a 1st round draft pick in 2005.
Center Jeff Faine was a 1st round draft pick in 2003.
RG Jahri Evans was a great pick up for them in the draft this year.
RT Jon Stinchcomb was a 2nd round draft pick in 2003.

That offensive line is great!

And this just in: Deuce McAllister and Reggie Bush. They're pretty good, too.

Joe Horn is having a similar year to what he had last year.

Mike Karney had 10 catches for 61 yards last year.
He has 13 catches for 82 yards this year.
Yeah, Brees has hit him for a couple of TD passes. So what?

Henderson was a 2nd round draft pick in 2004. And he was playing behind Donte Stallworth.

Colston is a rookie of the year candidate.

I got news for you. Brees is a great QB, and he's made a miraculous recovery. But he ain't doing it alone. He's surrounded by a lot of talent.

Finole said:
Decently? I want Culpepper to be better than decent.

As far as New Orleans goes...

LT Jammal Brown was a 1st round draft pick in 2005.
Center Jeff Faine was a 1st round draft pick in 2003.
RG Jahri Evans was a great pick up for them in the draft this year.
RT Jon Stinchcomb was a 2nd round draft pick in 2003.

That offensive line is great!

And this just in: Deuce McAllister and Reggie Bush. They're pretty good, too.

Joe Horn is having a similar year to what he had last year.

Mike Karney had 10 catches for 61 yards last year.
He has 13 catches for 82 yards this year.
Yeah, Brees has hit him for a couple of TD passes. So what?

Henderson was a 2nd round draft pick in 2004. And he was playing behind Donte Stallworth.

Colston is a rookie of the year candidate.

I got news for you. Brees is a great QB, and he's made a miraculous recovery. But he ain't doing it alone. He's surrounded by a lot of talent.

I've got news for you. Until Culpepper learns how to operate under this line and do well under pressure, he won't be anything greater than decent.

Go say it to rotowire.com. Colston was a low round pick. Henderson hadn't done anything behind Horn and Stallworth. Yes Deuce and Reggie were talent but coming into the season, they were the only ones worth mentioning by all the scouts and columnists. Yes their OL turned out well but it was ranked by many coming into the season as a pretty bad one with the loss of Bentley.

I think DC is done....we will never see the DC we saw in Minny. I just don't see him recovering from the typr of injury he had. When your knee gets damaged that badly and you lose a step or two you end up getting sacked 7 times a game. I would stick with Joey, have Lemon back him up and maybe draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round?

Finole said:
Harrington would NEVER be cut in the offseason. Traded, maybe (but unlikely). But definitely not cut.

We gave up a 5th round draft pick for him. Remember?

We'd be lucky to get a seventh rounder for him. And they won't keep him around at his current salary.

Regan21286 said:
I've got news for you. Until Culpepper learns how to operate under this line and do well under pressure, he won't be anything greater than decent.

That's why we need to draft a LT in the 1st round and a true Center in the 2nd. Plenty of talent coming out this year.

Then a LB, CB, or WR in the 3rd, 4th, and 6th.

Regan21286 said:
Go say it to rotowire.com. Colston was a low round pick. Henderson hadn't done anything behind Horn and Stallworth. Yes Deuce and Reggie were talent but coming into the season, they were the only ones worth mentioning by all the scouts and columnists. Yes their OL turned out well but it was ranked by many coming into the season as a pretty bad one with the loss of Bentley.

Colston was a low round pick? So was Tom Brady!

Henderson had 22 receptions for 343 yards and 3 TDs last year. That's pretty good for 3rd WR with a mediocre QB. See, I'm not saying Brees isn't great. But he has a lot of talent to work with.

By the way, Colston and Bush are New Orleans' leading receivers. They weren't on the team last year. Get the picture?

And I don't care what the o-line was ranked coming into the season. I would trade lines with New Orleans in a heartbeat!

Roman529 said:
I think DC is done....we will never see the DC we saw in Minny. I just don't see him recovering from the typr of injury he had. When your knee gets damaged that badly and you lose a step or two you end up getting sacked 7 times a game. I would stick with Joey, have Lemon back him up and maybe draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round?

I think you're wrong. But nobody knows anything for sure. We'll all find out next year.

Rick 1966 said:
We'd be lucky to get a seventh rounder for him. And they won't keep him around at his current salary.

We probably wouldn't be able to do much better than a 7th rounder. That's why we won't trade him. But he most definitely will be kept around at his current salary.

Finole said:
We probably wouldn't be able to do much better than a 7th rounder. That's why we won't trade him. But he most definitely will be kept around at his current salary.

He'll have two choices: take a pay cut or be cut.

Back
Top Bottom