New Starting QB in 2007 | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New Starting QB in 2007

Finole said:
First off, the guy thinks Harrington will be cut. That right there should clue you in to what kind of football knowledge he has.

Secondly, he believes the only reason Culpepper gets the start is because we traded a 2nd rounder for him. Not the fact that Culpepper has a gun for an arm, has enjoyed a tremendous amount of success in the NFL, and is one of the most accurate QBs in the history of the NFL.....nooooooo.....it's because we have to save face because we traded a 2nd rounder for him.

Why didn't I realize that? Saban is more concerned with saving face than winning. Sure, that makes sense.

Don't waste your breath, Dolfan984.

Yeah man cause 29 year old Qbs fall off the map every day. :lol:

I just wish people would give the guy a chance next year. I mean you don't just give up on a 3 time probowler after three games 10 months after knee surgery. I don't care if you think he's dumb or not (which he isn't) he's had A LOT of nfl success and I don't know why we wouldn't be able to duplicate that.

In my mind a Qb's prime is 28-32. There's tons of mid 30's qbs who are very solid.

MiamiMan147 said:
Joey has earned the right to be our backup. Nothing more.

I disagree. He's at least played on the level of Frerotte and at least deserves a chance to beat Culpepper in training camp.

Finole said:
First off, the guy thinks Harrington will be cut. That right there should clue you in to what kind of football knowledge he has.

Yes, it says it's better than yours.

Finole said:
Ha ha! Good one.

But seriously, you do realize the QB isn't the sole reason for victories and defeats, right?

Finole you should honestly look into getting Finheaven VIP. I think you'll really like it. :) great great discussion and things you won't find on the main board :up:

I think its a possibility that we do dump him... but... also i think its more likely that he sticks around... if he's actually 100% healthy... he deserves another chance... there were just too many other factors that contributed to his awful start... but, it should be an open competition for the starting job as well

Culpepper will return. It's not like he had his leg amputated. No he won't be the same mobile QB that we were used to seeing, but he can and will be effective. In order for him to be effective we need to do some serious work in the off season.

We need a deep threat. A guy that can be explosive. CC is a good WR, but we have to face the music...he's not the deep threat we need. Booker is turning out to be a great second possessive WR. I think if we went and got a top WR out of free agency, shuffle CC to second and Booker to third, with Welker as a fourth, we would be as dominate in the WR ranks as anybody in the NFL.

Second, we need a line that's going to be dominate. And that's going to be dominate every game and on every down. They will have to protect CPepp on every single down and be able to create holes for Ronnie.

We need an animal for a FB. A big guy to help seal the deal on runs and blocks. A guy that can power through and pick up 2 yards just by falling down. That guy that can catch a swing pass or a screen.

As far as TE go...I'm happy with McMichael but I think we need to use him more than what we do. He can be very effective.

7001 said:
Culpepper will return. It's not like he had his leg amputated. No he won't be the same mobile QB that we were used to seeing, but he can and will be effective. In order for him to be effective we need to do some serious work in the off season.

We need a deep threat. A guy that can be explosive. CC is a good WR, but we have to face the music...he's not the deep threat we need. Booker is turning out to be a great second possessive WR. I think if we went and got a top WR out of free agency, shuffle CC to second and Booker to third, with Welker as a fourth, we would be as dominate in the WR ranks as anybody in the NFL.

Second, we need a line that's going to be dominate. And that's going to be dominate every game and on every down. They will have to protect CPepp on every single down and be able to create holes for Ronnie.

We need an animal for a FB. A big guy to help seal the deal on runs and blocks. A guy that can power through and pick up 2 yards just by falling down. That guy that can catch a swing pass or a screen.

As far as TE go...I'm happy with McMichael but I think we need to use him more than what we do. He can be very effective.

This must be sarcasm right???? If we had all that, then we wouldn't need CP, any average QB would do. The QB is supposed to be able to make plays even when he doesn't have a perfect all star team around him.

7001 said:

You might as well drop Culpepper and his expensive salary if you want to make those changes. It's a lot of wishful thinking there. Any QB, even Shame Matthews (yes, Shame) can do well with that kind of team.

Rj2ko said:
what is it about you guys who still thinks he is good? HE hasnt won anything without moss. Our team right now is pretty good as is, why not just keep the offense and defense the same with a few tweaks. Also Duante Ruined this season. He had the easy part of the schedule with Buffalo,Houston and Pittsburg with their backup qb. HE blew it...lets move on.

He's still hurt.

Kadiddlehopper said:
There was no QB competition in TC and there won't be next year. DC was brought in to be our starter and will start next year. Why else sign a QB who never was, out of retirement for our number 3 QB?

Dude,

how do you pull peoples IP address like that? Ive been meaning to ask you that gfor over a year.

Rick 1966 said:
Yes, it says it's better than yours.

Harrington would NEVER be cut in the offseason. Traded, maybe (but unlikely). But definitely not cut.

We gave up a 5th round draft pick for him. Remember?

Dolfan984 said:
Finole you should honestly look into getting Finheaven VIP. I think you'll really like it. :) great great discussion and things you won't find on the main board :up:

Yeah, I think I will.

Phanatical said:
This must be sarcasm right???? If we had all that, then we wouldn't need CP, any average QB would do. The QB is supposed to be able to make plays even when he doesn't have a perfect all star team around him.

Regan21286 said:
You might as well drop Culpepper and his expensive salary if you want to make those changes. It's a lot of wishful thinking there. Any QB, even Shame Matthews (yes, Shame) can do well with that kind of team.

You guys kill me. You expect Culpepper to succeed without giving him any support?

What would Peyton Manning be without Marvin Harrison and that offensive line?
What would Joe Montana be without Jerry Rice?
What would Dan Marino be without Webb, Sims, and the Marks brothers?

C'mon, now.

Finole said:
You guys kill me. You expect Culpepper to succeed without giving him any support?

What would Peyton Manning be without Marvin Harrison and that offensive line?
What would Joe Montana be without Jerry Rice?
What would Dan Marino be without Webb, Sims, and the Marks brothers?

C'mon, now.

Marino still fared decently without the Marks brothers.
Montana also fared decently when he made the move to KC.

Look at Brees. He came into the season with a questionmark at OL, an aging oft-injured WR in Joe Horn, relative unknowns in Colston, Henderson, and Copper, and no receiving TE.

Apparently, Drew Brees can make anyone a star. Just ask Mike Karney, who caught five passes for 39 yards and two touchdowns Sunday (and ran in another score for good measure). Or Terrance Copper, who scored in three straight games this season. When rookie seventh-round draft pick Marques Colston (who has four 100-yard games and one 97-yarder) missed three games with an ankle injury, Brees made Devery Henderson (three 100-yard receiving games and another one for 92 yards and a score) look like a No. 1 receiver.

http://fantasysports.yahoo.com/anal...15&prov=rotowire&type=lgns&league=fantasy/nfl

Back
Top Bottom