New UM Head Coach? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New UM Head Coach?

tampafinfan9201

Practice Squad
Reaction score
i dont know if anyone has heard anything or if yall have any opinions on who should be our new coach?

I want Gene Chizik, DC of Texas.

Don Strock....he can do better than FIU....I believe he resigned or was fired today. :shakeno:

Don Shula for the U he would get so much recruits if he went there.

Derek Hagan!! haha,

I seriously think larry is gonna stay atleast one more year, if he doens't get the U far next year, he is done. :dolphins:<---ASU helmet

DawgFan said:
Derek Hagan!! haha,

I seriously think larry is gonna stay atleast one more year, if he doens't get the U far next year, he is done. :dolphins:<---ASU helmet
Um there is NO way he will be here passed this year. We could very well end up with a losing record, that is suicide by Miami standards

I wish we could have let Coker go in midseason and made a run for Butch Davis, much like Florida did with Zook and thier pursuit in Urban Meyer "Weiner". But since that possibility is out of the question...

Greg Schiano - UM's former offensive coordinator. Yes, he's done wonders with the Rutgers (by recruiting heavily in FL) and is a NJ alumni, but I think given a choice b/w the two programs he'd come back to UM. Plus, he obviously has great recruiting connections in FL.

Dom Capers - Just a hunch tha he would like to be head coach again someday. And here's to hoping it would be in the NCAA.

HurriPhin said:
I wish we could have let Coker go in midseason and made a run for Butch Davis, much like Florida did with Zook and thier pursuit in Urban Meyer "Weiner". But since that possibility is out of the question...

Greg Schiano - UM's former offensive coordinator. Yes, he's done wonders with the Rutgers (by recruiting heavily in FL) and is a NJ alumni, but I think given a choice b/w the two programs he'd come back to UM. Plus, he obviously has great recruiting connections in FL.

Dom Capers - Just a hunch tha he would like to be head coach again someday. And here's to hoping it would be in the NCAA.

I don't know about Schiano for 2 reasons.

First many analysts in college football have him dedicated to staying at Rutgers until the Penn St. job opens which they report he has much stronger connections to than UM.

In addition, NJ has a huge corp. community of boosters they can draw upon and it's reported these very deep pockets are willing to pay out the arse to keep him in NJ.

Secondly UM itself is a huge variable.

The UM admin has serious questions surrounding it as to what their plans are for the program. Many feel they are de-emphasizing the program. They'll try to keep it competetive but are not willing to go the extra mile it takes to keep the program a powerhouse.

If this is the plan of Shalalalah then you certainly won't see them pursuing and paying a hefty price for what is going to be one of the hottest coaches in college football after this year.

How the admin addresses this season and the types of coaches they attempt to bring in, if any changes are made, will tell the future of this program for a long time IMO.

I know Miami has the $$$ to spend, but I wasn't aware of Schiano's interest in Penn St. And I hope what you said about de-empasizing the program isn't true. If so, then someone needs to send that crazy b!tch packing.

HurriPhin said:
I know Miami has the $$$ to spend, but I wasn't aware of Schiano's interest in Penn St. And I hope what you said about de-empasizing the program isn't true. If so, then someone needs to send that crazy b!tch packing.

:lol:

There are a couple of boosters I know that would very much like to fit her with cement boots.

Only in fantasy mind you, these guys aren't "wise guys".

305TillIDie said:
I just hope Miami gets a top notch coach and not some scrub :refuse:

pick a great coach Mrs. Donna Shaalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala :yes:

We'll all be holding our breath this offseason for the U.

On another note, the Pata thing sucked.
I see you knew him.
Sorry for the loss man.
Out of all the trouble makers this team has had, this guy from all accounts was NOT one of them.

That old Billy Joel song "Only the Good Die Young" rings true sometimes.

Trekbiz said:
We'll all be holding our breath this offseason for the U.

On another note, the Pata thing sucked.
I see you knew him.
Sorry for the loss man.
Out of all the trouble makers this team has had, this guy from all accounts was NOT one of them.

That old Billy Joel song "Only the Good Die Young" rings true sometimes.
thanks brah

yeah..Pata was a good guy..everyone liked him...in the Miami-FIU Brawl, he was the one putting his teammates back and defending them..the same guy to run on the field and fired up Miami's offense in the GT game..smacking the Linemans and Kyle wright on the head..pumping them up

a true leader at heart..I still cant believe big fella is gone

well now that you saw the fiu brawl.. what just came to mind is do you think a fiu football alumni did this?

for example you never know what grudges those fiu players may have from that fight and embarrasing loss.... on tv they say pata had no enemies so im thinking can that brawl have triggered something?

tj whosyourmama said hes boys were gonna talk to mcree after that hit (someone here said that)in cali some people take football outside the field which is something that is complelety stupid and threathening thing to do.

By the way i dont want coker he sucks.

Back
Top Bottom