New UM Head Coach? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New UM Head Coach?

Motion said:
Wow, Canes go down again. WHo you guys play next week? BC?
Tough game to become Bowl eligible. Coker has to go.

Yea, I mean there isn't much to say. The team has talent . . . maybe not the same talent from years past, but they do have talent. What I saw today was disgraceful . . . especially on offense . . I mean we look like a high school football team with the playcalling I saw today, and the sad thing is . . . we actually "can" run the ball, but it is obviously clear now that something is wrong with the coaching, from coaching the players (especially QB) . . to coaching the game/play calls. Yea the offensive line isn't great in pass protection, but as good as they are in the run blocking dept. they should be coached up. Honestly I see some talented guys out there, and I know it has been a tuff, long, emotional season to say the least for this program but to play like the Canes played today is just unacceptable.

It is gonna be tuff for this program to replace Coker because there isn't alot of money to pay him off and get a big name coach . . . but after today's performance . . it is just too too obvious that the whole staff needs to just be shown the door and bring in a guy who can compile a staff and start this train over. The Miami program is back at one of its low points, and it will not turnaround with Coker, might as well go another direction.

The defense was getting gashed a bit today, but believe me when I say . . they are the only reason why Miami isn't being "blown out" every game. I feel for the D, they play their hearts out and no matter how good they play, it goes for none because the offense just can't move the ball, I mean that is as simple as it can get. This is college football, and when u can't move the ball thru the air atleast a little bit, u just can't compete, and that is where we are right now. HOnestly, the D is the only reason why we have won 5 games, because the offense IMO is possibly the worst offense outside of Temple in Division 1 football . . . and that is with a good running game. smh.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
I think it's all she wrote on Coker. I think he loses to BC and is fired before the end of the year!
well if they lose to BC, that IS the end of the year....

The defense was getting gashed a bit today, but believe me when I say . . they are the only reason why Miami isn't being "blown out" every game. I feel for the D, they play their hearts out and no matter how good they play, it goes for none because the offense just can't move the ball, I mean that is as simple as it can get. This is college football, and when u can't move the ball thru the air atleast a little bit, u just can't compete, and that is where we are right now

Hmmm the the Canes have some parallels to the Fins this year.

Soooo....

Schiano?
Norm Chow?
Steve Mariucci?
Norv Turner?
Gene Chizik?
Cam Cameron?
Bo Pelini?
Dave Wannstedt?
Jimmy Johnson?

UF Fin Kat said:
how about jon gruden?

he makes great faces...you don't think he's leaving Tampa do you?

nice list Retnuhrace... I had not considered Norv..I can't see him leaving the NFL tho... Mooch is another I had not thought about.

well...the bucs have a lot of cap room coming up. and no one has been happy with gruden's decisions. so, i dunno if the glazers will be thrilled knowing the next 4-5 years of the franchise could rest in gruden's hands. they've made some AWFUL free agent signings (todd steussie, charlie garner, rob johnson...), and with the way the offense is being misused, and of course the dwindling crowds at games, wouldn't surprise me to see gruden axed...

Please, no Gruden, that non happy ******* can go back where he came from. He needs to get off his high horse and realize he'll never have what Dungy had in Tampa, which he's carried over into Indy. I don't want that grumpy ***** coaching my Canes:mad:

gruden isn't even a grumpy guy, that's all just an act. that's oen of the reasons why his players don't like him much...he's been called a "phoney" by some former players.

UF Fin Kat said:
their D hasn't been good this year at all.

Were second in the ACC in total yards allowed, and this defense has been just as good as any other UM defense in history, the only bad game we played was vs Louisville which just happens to be the only one everyone saw, even in that game they scored what 10 points in the first half?

Back
Top Bottom