New UM Head Coach? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New UM Head Coach?

cnc66 said:
maaaan, THAT would be a bitter pill to swallow. He IS successful in college but....sighhhhh I dunno...
Good grief, that better be b.s.
I'll tell you one thing. Wright would either **** or get off the pot with Spurrier.

The man can coach, I'd take him every day and twice on saturdays over Coker.

Spurrier would be a huge signing. One thing is for sure, he can fire up a college offense with his playcalling . . . and with the talent he has recruited before and the success and name he has . . . that would be an instant winner for Miami. I have been hearing about the Spurrier talk for a few weeks now, but I didn't think that was anything . . but if he is interested in the job . . . man u have to jump on that.

Kdawg954 said:
Spurrier would be a huge signing. One thing is for sure, he can fire up a college offense with his playcalling . . . and with the talent he has recruited before and the success and name he has . . . that would be an instant winner for Miami. I have been hearing about the Spurrier talk for a few weeks now, but I didn't think that was anything . . but if he is interested in the job . . . man u have to jump on that.

The man is a legend in Florida....not just at Florida but in the whole state. He could recruit like a mad man.

Imagine Randy Shannon running the Defense and Spurrier running the offense. Thats a great coaching staff....hey at least I can dream

Alex44 said:
The man is a legend in Florida....not just at Florida but in the whole state. He could recruit like a mad man.

Imagine Randy Shannon running the Defense and Spurrier running the offense. Thats a great coaching staff....hey at least I can dream
check this out..Steve denied the rumors...but...

CSTV broke the story and standing by it:

http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/...111906abn.html

Spurrier Still Likely Heading to Miami

Sources say South Carolina coach heading to Hurricanes
Nov. 19, 2006

By Brian Curtis
CSTV

"Despite Steve Spurrier's denials today in his weekly teleconference, sources tell CSTV that he is still heading to the University of Miami to replace Larry Coker as head football coach. CSTV first reported the story last night on Gametracker Live and SEC Football Nation.

In his media teleconference this afternoon at 2:00 pm, Spurrier was repeatedly asked about the Miami job, and denied that he was a candidate. However, following multiple questions asking him if he is in interested in the Miami job, the coach never insisted he wasn't interested, but instead, tip-toed around the answer. I asked him to state that he is not interested in Miami and again, the coach failed to state that he is not interested. Spurrier also jokingly said that he hopes to be back at South Carolina next year, but that depends on the school's athletic director and president.

Despite Spurrier's denials, CSTV stands by its initial reporting and has, in fact, confirmed from yet an additional source very close to the situation that Spurrier to Miami is still likely to happen."

I hope this happens :pray:

Alex44 said:

:yes:

As CNC put it, "it would be a bitter pill to swallow" but a return to Cane football would get us all over it pretty quick.

305TillIDie said:
check this out..Steve denied the rumors...but...

CSTV broke the story and standing by it:

http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/...111906abn.html

Spurrier Still Likely Heading to Miami

Sources say South Carolina coach heading to Hurricanes
Nov. 19, 2006

By Brian Curtis
CSTV

"Despite Steve Spurrier's denials today in his weekly teleconference, sources tell CSTV that he is still heading to the University of Miami to replace Larry Coker as head football coach. CSTV first reported the story last night on Gametracker Live and SEC Football Nation.

In his media teleconference this afternoon at 2:00 pm, Spurrier was repeatedly asked about the Miami job, and denied that he was a candidate. However, following multiple questions asking him if he is in interested in the Miami job, the coach never insisted he wasn't interested, but instead, tip-toed around the answer. I asked him to state that he is not interested in Miami and again, the coach failed to state that he is not interested. Spurrier also jokingly said that he hopes to be back at South Carolina next year, but that depends on the school's athletic director and president.

Despite Spurrier's denials, CSTV stands by its initial reporting and has, in fact, confirmed from yet an additional source very close to the situation that Spurrier to Miami is still likely to happen."

I hope this happens :pray:

Hey man havent talked to you in a while.

That would be awesome, and an instant lift off the ground for the program. I really think we have enough talent to win games if we are coached right. Kyle Wright has the arm for the deep passing game and he looks really good at times....I think he hasnt been coached right. I like Kirby Freeman to, he has the mobility that Kyle doesnt, we held him back way to much last week.

wow, i hope if you guys get spurrier, this gives both schools more than enough reason to schedule each other again. wow, that'd be sooo good! so much history with UF/Miami already, and this?? geez....go get em guys! :D

No spurier for UM! he is trying to do what all the experts say is impossible, win an SEC title at South Carolina. He just might do it. His name is bringing in alot of recruits and he does know how to coach.

i like the idea of Spurrier comin to Miami. but right now lets just finish gettin rid of Larry Coker.

Back
Top Bottom