Newsflash: Randy IS NOT a great recruiter! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Newsflash: Randy IS NOT a great recruiter!

ThunderDan13

Windy City Fin-Fan (ie. Lonely)
Reaction score
Chicago for the next 4-5 years (West Kendall nativ
People... come on. He's in South Miami. Within 100 miles of Joe Robbie there is enough talent to field a power-house college football team (not saying anyone can get all that talent in one team).

In Miami, the recruiting is partially done for you. Please, visit many of these youngster's houses and see what posters they have up. Look at their closets and tell me what color the jersey's are.

****er was not a great judge of talent, but besides that NO ONE has trouble recruiting in Miami. Shannon has proved nothing. I say give him more time, but I have no faith in him.

Promoting within doesn't really work in college football for elite programs all that often. Specially when there are SO MANY coaches in middle-tier programs that are SHOWING they can bring up a team.

Why promote an unproven Shannon. We should be going after Wittingham from Utah or Chris Petersen from Boise. Look at Urban Meyer, what he's doing for the Gators. There are too many young PROVEN coaches out there, and we need to go after them before others do.

I think Peterson would do great things down here.

Patterson from TCU is another, as is Brian Kelly from UC.

I wonder what you guys are going to say if Shannon does turn this thing around. Give him some time. There was NO talent on this team prior to this year. Coker spent more time trying to snag people from outside the state and paid less and less attention to putting a wall around Miami and not letting those kids leave. The state of Miami is more of an indication to just how bad Coker was than anything else.

I wonder what you guys are going to say if Shannon does turn this thing around. Give him some time. There was NO talent on this team prior to this year. Coker spent more time trying to snag people from outside the state and paid less and less attention to putting a wall around Miami and not letting those kids leave. The state of Miami is more of an indication to just how bad Coker was than anything else.

Totally agree. Although I have posted some displeasure with Randy I think he's done a great job of recruiting last year. Those Northwestern boys all came here rather than going to Florida or Florida State and you have to give him all the credit for that. I have been unhappy with a lot of the penalties we commit that show a lack of discipline but I truly believe that Randy has done a good job with recruiting and I think he's doing a great job of getting the program back together. By the way, I played golf with Alex Santos yesterday. What a great pitcher he was for us...what a horrible golfer he is!

Last edited by a moderator:

You do realize Shannon had a part in all of that too right?

What will you say if he can't turn it around?

What does "turn it around" mean? 7 wins? 8? 9? When? Next year? The year after?

For example, Paul Johnson already has GT ranked and poised to have a shot at the ACC title...he's only been the coach for 7 games I believe....

Shannon was part of the whole Coker outfit....you don't hire a piece of precisely what has failed you from within to "turn it around".....

....turning "it" around? "It" is the two letter word meaning..."What Coker and his STAFF failed to do"....

What does "turn it around" mean? 7 wins? 8? 9? When? Next year? The year after?

For example, Bobby Johnson already has GT ranked and poised to have a shot at the ACC title...he's only been the coach for 7 games I believe....

Shannon was part of the whole Coker outfit....you don't hire a piece of precisely what has failed you from within to "turn it around".....

....turning "it" around? "It" is the two letter word meaning..."What Coker and his STAFF failed to do"....

TS- You have to remember...Shannon needs time to get his players in :rolleyes2:

Oh, and we have a ton of youth...everyone knows that a RS-Fr Quarterback can't win..just look at Boise Sta...oh wait....

It's all blind hope, nothing else. Other teams with first year coaches are winning, we've got access too all of this talent...so why should we have to wait? Could it be that our coaching staff just sucks balls?

Why all the love for Shannon? He reminds me of Tyrone Willingham.

TS- You have to remember...Shannon needs time to get his players in :rolleyes2:

Oh, and we have a ton of youth...everyone knows that a RS-Fr Quarterback can't win..just look at Boise Sta...oh wait....

It's all blind hope, nothing else. Other teams with first year coaches are winning, we've got access too all of this talent...so why should we have to wait? Could it be that our coaching staff just sucks balls?

Why all the love for Shannon? He reminds me of Tyrone Willingham.

What did Sam Bradford and Colt McCoy do as freshman? They set records for TD's by freshmen and WON....

Talent alone, nor recruiting will win you anything anymore....you have to be able to outcoach your opposition....everybody has talent now...you have to DEVELOPE it...

What is FSU doing with a freshman QB?

Give Randy Shannon and Patrick Nix Matthew Stafford or John Parker Wilson right now and I bet you'd see them regress almost immediately...

It's just blind hope on the Shannon backers part. These are the same people that were convinced that Coker was a good coach up until the FIU game in 2006.

I am not totally in the corner of RS, I have posted that many times. However, I think he needs some time to get all his guys in. I have referenced guys like Sam Bradford before...do you realize what the difference is?? He came in to quarterback a talented team, with veteran offensive lines and receivers. This team has NO veteran experience or leadership!! Again, look back at the last two Coker recruiting classes, it's no big surprise why this team sucks right now. Bobby Johnson went in and inherited a pretty good football team with a lot of upper classmen. Chan Gailey was a pretty good recruiter.

For every Bobby Johnson, there is a Steve Kragthorpe at Louisville. Who says Chris Peterson or Mike Leach can do anymore with 17 true freshman on the 1's and 2's?? Of course you guys will, you don't like RS...never have and never will.

why doesn't anybody like Coker,the Canes are my 2nd fav team behind the Gators,with the Noles being my 3rd fav team..but that's besides the point...if my memory serves me right...didn't Coker win a National Championship with the Canes? didn't he also have a winning record there? so why no love for Coker?

I am not totally in the corner of RS, I have posted that many times. However, I think he needs some time to get all his guys in. I have referenced guys like Sam Bradford before...do you realize what the difference is?? He came in to quarterback a talented team, with veteran offensive lines and receivers. This team has NO veteran experience or leadership!! Again, look back at the last two Coker recruiting classes, it's no big surprise why this team sucks right now. Bobby Johnson went in and inherited a pretty good football team with a lot of upper classmen. Chan Gailey was a pretty good recruiter.

For every Bobby Johnson, there is a Steve Kragthorpe at Louisville. Who says Chris Peterson or Mike Leach can do anymore with 17 true freshman on the 1's and 2's?? Of course you guys will, you don't like RS...never have and never will.

Don't you remember that Shannon was apart of that disaster that was Coker's tenure here?

How long do we wait for "His guys"? 5 years? 7 years?

I don't care if he's a UM lifer, if he takes over 3 years to get us winning again, he should be shown the door.

NEWSFLASH: Shannon haters will eat their words.

How do they taste so far??

:sidelol:

The staff still sucks...they just have good players (Harris, Johnson, etc.) bailing them out.

Like I said in the other thread...I'll take it...Nix still sucks. Bring in Gus Malzahn.

Back
Top Bottom