Newson emerging!!!!!!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Newson emerging!!!!!!!!!

Don't get too excited. The Dolphins home page is really just a propaganda tool for the team. They've got to find SOMETHING to be positive about, after all.

True but Alot of people are ranting about this kid!

I want to see what he does in the J'ville game on Sat to truly make me start believing.

dolphan39 said:
http://www.miamidolphins.com/pressbox/pressreleases/pressreleases.asp?contentID=3365

it is kinda funny that they pump him up but he is just the #3 WR behind DT and CC. His speed is certainly more needed as a #2 but he was totally amateur in 2003
Its very common for WR's to take a year or two to develop. Sometimes you have the rookie standouts such as Boldin, but the vast majority of the starting WRs in the league were either benchwarmers or at best forgettable starters in their first year or so in the NFL.

Newsom reminds me a bit of Lamar Thomas - so he c/b a decent #3 WR but he is not a replacement for Boston

dude may be ready to shine. Im sure he knows he has to cus its his time to make an impression to make some big bucks. thats all it comes down to for this kid. Im sure he is sick of not knowing where he will be working next year. this is why i say wait before signing some big name. We have a knack for creating stars. I think a trio of Chambers, Newsome, and Thompson would be solid to great if they fit into the scheme. to me it comes down to the scheme and just catching the damn ball! If the kid is catching everything then he can play cus we know he can get open and can fly. Add Freeman to the mix and you have a solid bunch.

dont forget that newson is sullivans protege now so the kid is going to get schooled in every way. and for those who think this is too early for him to be somebody, i say it really isnt just about proving yourself as much as it is being given the opportunity to shine. the kid didnt have enought time invested last year. Now he knows before the preseason starts that he can play. the kid has to be so excited.

Wouldn't it be great if we had a guy who even became a Justin MCcarreins for us?

What his height and weight?

People seem to forget that a lot of players take a few years to develop and Newson could well be one of those. Since he has been talked about a lot here lately, look at Keenan McCardell. He was a 12th round draft choice in 1991 and didn't become a full time starter until 1996. His first two seasons he did next to nothing, the next two he was a seldom used reserve and then finally began to get more opportunity in 1995.

What if he'd have been given up on after a couple of years? With the coaching of Sullivan to help him there is a good chance the Newson can also develop, but even quicker than McCardell.

I like how Jerry Sullivan makes these WRs believe in him though. Newson had a somewhat bad experience when he came onto the roster last year and so what does Jerry tell him? Tells him that was before Jerry Sullivan was coaching you. Now you're going to be a star. Thats just what a WR wants to hear too.

The Newson thing reminds me of the Charles Lee situation with the Bucs. We'll see if Newson can impress like Lee did in preseason games against starting quality corners though. Newson did really well in NFL Europe don't forget, one of the top 3 or 5 most productive WRs over there I think and also one of the best if not the best kick returner.

I desperately want to SEE the Jax preseason game, but I have no idea how I can do it. The game is on NFL network Sunday at 11pm...and I'm not sure that any sports bar will be open late enough for me to catch the game.

they said he was impressive last year in camp also but just never carried it over to the real deal?

Back
Top Bottom