Newson emerging!!!!!!!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Newson emerging!!!!!!!!!

Newson is legit if he gets his head together. He has the potential to become a solid #2 in the NFL. Sullivan is the perfect teacher for him.

i hate how they got sunday ticket, u cant get it on the dish 500 stuff or u cant just order you fav team.. thats what i would rather do,just get miami.. does anyone have any connections with those people who run dish 500.. i would love to be able to get local florida channels.. anyone know how this can b done??? i live in w.v not to far from winchester va and i hate to think im gonna miss out on miami games this year! im gonna be a pissed person come sunday... please help

send me a message or whatever, if anyone has any info! thanks

I hope he does good, that would be great if he was gonna take the #2 spot though highly doubtful, especially if we sig Freeman, and when Boston comes back.

well he played a bit at the end of last year and showed absolutly nothing! I hope he has made great strides! IMO he is just another Baker!

Newsome rocked in NFLE

Newsome was great in NFLE. My favorite player 2 seasons ago when he played... watching him at the World Bowl in Glasgow that year. It was great. Both team's first offensive plays were to a Dolphins-allocated receiver for 15+ yards... you can imagine that got me pumped (as I didn't really care who won the game!).

So yeah, Go Kendall "Mint Cake" Newsome... he's been one of my favorite 'who dat' players since that game. :D

yankeehillbilly said:
Its very common for WR's to take a year or two to develop. Sometimes you have the rookie standouts such as Boldin, but the vast majority of the starting WRs in the league were either benchwarmers or at best forgettable starters in their first year or so in the NFL.

SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS! :cooldude:

I'm witchya bud! :up:

However, the fans this year are in a "what can you do for me NOW!" mode. They only want to hear that we have spent $4.5M to get a player another team doesn't want.

I say... let the young guys fight it out and let Sullivan work his magic!
As insurance, I am warming up to the idea to sign Freeman for the minimum.
That would add some leadership to the gang.

okay I'll give it to ya that he played well in NFLE, but what did he do when he was active last year ................ exactly! Not a darn thing, dropped a few balls that hit his hands, ran bad routes, on and on!

Someone has to step up, and I was impressed with WR K. Newson last year when he got an opportunity. He turned the ball over once, and that may have hurt his stock some, but the guy is fast, and he knows this is his chance to shine....

WR D. Thompson better step up too. He's a big WR, and if he gets his act together, he could be another very dangerous target. The problem is that his performances during TC compared to CRUNCHTIME are poor, and he needs to start playing like he practices....

With WR coach J. Sullivan coaching these guys, all of them have a chance to shine IMO.... :D

PHINZ RULE!!! :fire:

I know during the last game of the season against the jets DT did show in the beginning of the game that he can be an asset. Another thing we have to realize is the comfort that Jay had with Chambers he is always the first option and Thimpson 2nd and thats if he looks his way. Kendall came in against Tennessee and until then had been on the practice squad. Don't know what happened I remember last year they were real high on him during training camp and then put him on the practice squad.

I just think that we have to stop waiting for these WR to develope. We need them to step up and play, we have been waiting for a your WR to step up for years and no one has. Every year we get this story from camp that so and so (wr) is play great and impressing everyone. Then once the season starts........ nothng! Not a darn thing from any of the youg wide-outs! Granted some of it is due to injury but come on, how come we can not pick up a youg WR and get them to produce like other teams can? I Like Tolver, I hope he can do something. I think had he not gotten hurt last season he might of devloped for us. Then again, a lot of these problems have to do with the guy throwing the ball!

I agree we need to develop young WRs. There could be some diamonds hidden on the depth chart right now. It took Keenan McCardell 5 years in the league before he became a productive player. What if teams would have given up on him after a year or two? How many other McCardell's have been cut out of the league before their potential was realized? They didn't have a minor league then though like we do now with NFLE, so hopefully fewer deserving players fall thru the cracks.
But we ideally need a balance between some experience and youth as well. One old savvy veteran like Freeman would seem to make sense as the #3 or #4.
If we can get McCardell, we are getting a guy who is a top WR currently for production and he would make an excellent addition from both that aspect and an experienced veteran to mix in with our abundance of youth and inexperience.

He has great speed but his awareness & hands are way to shakey from what I saw last year to get too excited on words. I'm disappointed that Tolver isn't the man we're talking about.

Back
Top Bottom