Next Coach to Be Fired? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Next Coach to Be Fired?

Despite his 12-4 in '18, I don't necessarily think that Anthony Lynn is safe. They've lost too many close games for it not to impugn on the coaching as well as Rivers and the D.

The Chargers are LA's stepchild with bad ownership. I would not put it past the Spanoses to mortgage the future to trade up in the draft for a QB with buzz, or sign a marquee player like Cam Newton and go after a coach with a lot of buzz like Harbaugh or even a drydocked one like Cowher.

Lynn is not a marquee name and their record this season sure isn't gonna move the LA fan needle in their direction.

If Garrett loses to the Bears tomorrow an goes 6-7 he will definitely be fired.

I predict along with the Skins and Panthers, the following teams will be looking for head coaches post black Monday:

Browns
Giants
Cowboys
Bengals
Falcons
Jags

On the cusp but probably gonna stick with what they have:

Lions
Jets

If I'm right, which I'm not very often, lol, that's a lot of jobs available, 8, it was 5 last year after black Monday, I think.

Garrett better win a home wildcard game.

I doubt that’s enough...

It will be interesting to see if Jerry considers Kris Richard for the head job since he pushed so hard to keep him last year.

Garrett's going to be coaching the giants next year.
Jerry Jones might agree with you.... :lol:
Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones offers cryptic message regarding Jason Garrett's future

He continued: “There’s no exclusive, nobody’s got the exclusive skills to get the job done so that collectively you can win a Superbowl but they’re qualified people. Jason Garrett is one of them and in my opinion, Jason Garrett will be coaching in the NFL next year.
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/dallas-cowboys-jerry-jones-jason-garrett-future

The guy (JJ) should calm down a little. He is 77, that is stroke territory. :lol:

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones lashes out at radio hosts: ‘Get your damn act together’

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...er-dallas-cowboys-loss-radio-show/4354579002/

If Gettleman withstand the Giants purge intact, I'd look for him to hire Ron Rivera.

Garrett's going to be coaching the giants next year.

Why would the Giants want him? Jason Garrett has had plenty of time to prove he's a good coach, and he's had talent to work with. Hell, he had Tony Romo to work with for years and did nothing.

Why would the Giants want him? Jason Garrett has had plenty of time to prove he's a good coach, and he's had talent to work with. Hell, he had Tony Romo to work with for years and did nothing.
I think bad coaches are passed around the league. Garrett is average. Seems like an easy fit for giants. Great division rival experience. Some young pieces. He could probably right the ship quickly there. He needs out from under Jones. Seems likely? Who else would you consider?

Who would I consider? A lot of people, starting with guys who are coaching in college but might want to move to the NFL, coordinators, etc.

You're right, though, mediocre coaches get passed around the league. Even bad coaches get recycled. See: the current Giants head coach, Pat Shurmur. That guy blows.

If Gettleman withstand the Giants purge intact, I'd look for him to hire Ron Rivera.
I can see Rivera to Dallas. I know Jones goes college and Myers is sitting in the broadcast booth. Still early.

I don’t think Jerry Jones will attract more than a first time NFL head coach. Dan Snyder won’t either. Rivera may wind up in New York with the Giants or take a year off.

Back
Top Bottom