Cornerbacks
1. Will Blackmon, Boston College
2. Kelly Jennings, Miami (Fl.)
3. Jimmy Williams, Virginia Tech

Safeties
1. Jason Allen, Tennessee
2. Michael Huff, Texas
3. Daniel Bullocks, Nebraska

next year will be very deep at LB. You've got those 3, Abdul Hodge, Schiegel from Ohio State, Ernie Simms(assuming he declares), Pierre Woods just to name a few.

For DT, I'd add the DT from Oregon (Nagoti?) and/or Gabe Watson and IMO Smith is better than Whitehurst. I also would add Darnell Bing to S.

I am a big fan of Jimmy Williams and Michael Huff. If Huff has a solid year, I wouldnt mind seeing him in our defensive backfield.

Im going to throw in some wildcards who are flying under the radar:

Alan Zemaitis, Penn State, CB, 6'2 202 lbs.
--If Saban stays true to wanting to get larger, he might be looking for larger CBs in the 6 foot 200 lbs + range. Madison might be in his last year here and with his cap number and his undersized frame, we might be drafting his replacement if it isnt Daniels. Zemaitis teamed with Anwar Phillips, another Senior, to lead one of the better ranked defenses in the nation in Penn State. Should be a late round pick who will project to FS/CB.

Etuini Haloti Moala Ngata, Oregon, DT, 6'4, 345 lbs.
--If rumors AGAIN are true and we are going to do more 3-4 looks, I would look for us to pick up a DT who can replace TimBo and Chester. Ngata is a monster and could play DT in a 3-4 and DT next to Kevin Carter. He has some injury concerns last year but he should be one of the higher DTs in the draft I would consider. Maybe our 2nd rounder next year.

And of course theres the 5-7 OTs who all project to be first round picks that we will be looking at for a future franchise LT.... McNeil, Ferguson, etc etc.

Out of all the picks, right now Ngata is highest on my board. Can you imagine a Dline with Ngata and Carter in the middle and then JT/Roth and Holliday on the outside. We could drop Roth/JT into a 3-4 and bring them to the line for a 4-3. A young stud DT is the missing link of a hybrid defense.

GreenMonster said:
Charlie Whitehurst is nice but I can't see how any of the QB's except for Lienart, could be ranked ahead of Omar Jacobs. If this guy was in the SEC he would have gotten hiesman pub. last year..

I agree...I want Jacobs pretty bad.

On a side note...if Donovan Raiola is drafted ahead of Greg Eslinger I'll eat my shoe.

touborg said:
Draftdays top 3 by position:

Quarterbacks
1. Matt Leinart,USC
2. Charlie Whitehurst, Clemson
3. Brad Smith, Missouri

Running backs
1. DeAngelo Williams, Memphis
2. Leon Washington, Florida State
3. Gerald Riggs Jr., Tennessee

Wide receivers
1. Derek Hagan, Arizona State
2. Jason Avant, Michigan
3. Martin Nance, Miami (Ohio)

Tight ends
1. Tim Day, Oregon
2. Matt Herrian, Nebraska
3. Domonique Byrd, USC

Centers/guards
1. Davin Joseph, Oklahoma
2. Donovan Raiola, Wisconsin
3. Max-Jean Giles, Georgia

Offensive tackles
1. D’Brickashaw Ferguson, Virginia
2. Eric Winston, Miami (Fl.)
3. Jonathan Scott, Texas

Defensive ends
1. Mathias Kiwanuka, Boston College
2. Parys Haralson, Tennessee
3. Manny Lawson, N.C. State

Defensive tackles
1. Rodrique Wright, Texas
2. Claude Wroten, LSU
3. Orien Harris, Miami (Fl.)

Linebackers
1. Ahmad Brooks, Virginia
2. Chad Greenway, Iowa
3. A.J. Hawk, Ohio State

Cornerbacks
1. Will Blackmon, Boston College
2. Kelly Jennings, Miami (Fl.)
3. Jimmy Williams, Virginia Tech

Safeties
1. Jason Allen, Tennessee
2. Michael Huff, Texas
3. Daniel Bullocks, Nebraska

I hope that list is by Seniors only. :(

Next year's draft could be very strong. Obviously it is still VERY early, but there are some good seniors and some good juniors as well if they come out. The OT's could be the best in a very long time. Ferguson and Winston alone are unbelievable, but guys like Marcus McNeill, Jonathan Scott, Andrew Whitworth, and Winston Justice make it a very strong spot. RB's like Bush, Williams, and Maroney may be as good as the big 3 this year. DT's Rodrique Wright and Orien Harris are both studs and probably both would have been 1st round picks this year. QB's like Leinart, Jacobs, Young, McNeil, Whitehurst, and Gradkowsky all are good prospects. Also one to look out for is Pitt QB Tyler Palko. He had some really impressive games last year and I really like him. The LB's at the top are very good also. Mel Kiper keeps saying that AJ Hawk would have been the first LB taken this year. Guys like Amad Brooks and Chad Greenway are also impressive prospects.

Its actually kind of funny. The spots that were considered weak in this year's draft: QB, LB, and OT could be the strengths of next year's draft.

Minnphin said:
For some reason, I just don't think he'll be putting up very good numbers this year. :shakeno:
:lol: At first I didn't know what you meant. I still like the kid, and doubt Wanny will ruin him. You never know, maybe Wanny will be a good college coach. Palko will be going up against the very weak Big East this year, so even with Wanny I expect a big year for him.

Back
Top Bottom