NFL 2014 CUTS Tracker | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL 2014 CUTS Tracker

Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero 9s
I'm told the #Bengals will cut veteran safety Danieal Manning.

Steelers complete cuts

Steelers
Cuts to 53
TE Rob Blanchflower, TE Bryce Davis, TE David Paulson, DB Isaiah Green, DB Dayonne Nunley, DB Shaquille Richardson, DB Ross Ventrone, RB Josh Harris, RB Stephen Houston, DL Ethan Hemer, DL Josh Mauro, DL Roy Philon, DL Nick Williams, LB Chris Carter, LB Howard Jones, LB Dan Molls, QB Brendon Kay, WR Derek Moye, WR Lanear Sampson, OL Graham Pocic, OL Will Simmons, OL Guy Whimper.

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 2m
Bills signed former 49ers punter Colton Schmidt, according to a source

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 1m
Raiders release WR Greg Little, per league source. #backtocleveland

I'm out, full lists should be out soon :up:

I'd look at Bibbs and Banyard at running back and maybe Denham the tight end who was released by Houston. Denham is a bit narrow and not a great blocker right now. He played wide receiver in college but is trying to bulk up to NFL tight end. I liked him at Utah. Very interesting background considering the hardships he endured. Good kid, by all accounts. I saw him block a punt in preseason so there is special teams potential.

Bibbs as in Kapri? Would def take a look...

Bibbs as in Kapri? Would def take a look...

Yeah, he was cut. Denver is very deep this year at many positions. Looking at their discards in general would be a good strategy.

I'm just not thrilled with either Damien Williams or Darkwa. Heck, I might consider giving Jonas Gray another look above Darkwa. Gray was released by the Patriots. Fans here will remember Gray from last preseason when he was overweight and nearer to the serious injury at Notre Dame. This preseason he was noticeably lighter and more explosive.

But we've got to realize that Hickey's guys receive the benefit of a doubt now. That's far preferable to Ireland's guys having teflon but many of Hickey's fringe players will turn out to be not much. I hope we continue to explore the bottom of the roster. Hard to believe nobody is better than Darkwa or Jason Fox, for example.

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora · 10s
The Jets have informed recently AWOL, and previously suspended, CB Dimitri Patterson of his release

Sam Montgomery cut by Bengals, 2013 3rd Rounder out of LSU by the Texans cut, signed by Raiders and cut 3 days later.

Boy did he fall off.

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

The Jets have informed recently AWOL, and previously suspended, CB Dimitri Patterson of his release

Cool, lets bring him back... :chuckle:

He had a bunch of red flags coming out. I remember hearing of his interviews with teams and they sounded terrible (like football was just a hobby not a job to him)
He then was cut by the texans for smoking up I believe. Talent didn't win out here...

Major Wright lol. Boy I argued he was garbage when he came out and got blasted. Always trying to deliver the big hit, doesn't wrap up and can't cover worth a lick.

Unfortunately you also just described Louis Delmas, who is all those things plus injury prone.

Yeah, he was cut. Denver is very deep this year at many positions. Looking at their discards in general would be a good strategy.

I'm just not thrilled with either Damien Williams or Darkwa. Heck, I might consider giving Jonas Gray another look above Darkwa. Gray was released by the Patriots. Fans here will remember Gray from last preseason when he was overweight and nearer to the serious injury at Notre Dame. This preseason he was noticeably lighter and more explosive.

But we've got to realize that Hickey's guys receive the benefit of a doubt now. That's far preferable to Ireland's guys having teflon but many of Hickey's fringe players will turn out to be not much. I hope we continue to explore the bottom of the roster. Hard to believe nobody is better than Darkwa or Jason Fox, for example.

Agreed. I was a big Jonas Gray backer but he was chugachugging last preseason without getting anywhere fast. This preseason he looked much better, much closer to the way he was at Notre Dame.

good for them. Somebody is finally held accountable for just doing whatever. He would have only played like 4 games and outside of Miami has been every bit the journeyman cb.
Heard he had fallen down depth chart due to injuries anyway

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora · 4m
Champ Bailey let go by the Saints. Have to wonder if this is the end of the line for the potential Hall of Famer

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

Michael Sam cut.

What is funny is it seemed like he did enough to make the team.

I am sure Snead and Fisher will be vilified by the media starting in five minutes.

Back
Top Bottom