NFL Bans "Horse-collar" tackle...(merged) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Bans "Horse-collar" tackle...(merged)

DrAstroZoom said:
The NFL is once again protecting its poster boys. Had T.O. not been injured, this probably would have gone by the wayside.

Could you, in the same situation, bring someone down by grabbing their jersey?

That will be the next to go. It seems only logical as in some cases the mechanics of the tackle would be the same as that just banned.

Okay you ban this hit, now what do you do from the back? Jump on there legs? I would think more injuries. I agree by 2009 we will have to ask permission to bring the ball carrier to the hard ground.

Lungoystr said:
That will be the next to go. It seems only logical as in some cases the mechanics of the tackle would be the same as that just banned.

If so, I would have to seriously think about not watching football anymore. That's practically banning tackles from behind altogether. They might as well impose a rule requiring tacklers to secure ball carriers' permission first.

CRAZYDOLFAN305 said:
Wasn't Bo Jackson hurt that way ??

Bo Jackson destroyed his hip I believe. The tackle on him was a good one but it was actually his own strength that caused the dislocation and other damage that ended his football career. It was a freak accident......but then again, Bo Jackson was a freak of nature. Man that guy was awsome.

DrAstroZoom said:
If so, I would have to seriously think about not watching football anymore. That's practically banning tackles from behind altogether. They might as well impose a rule requiring tacklers to secure ball carriers' permission first.

LMAO! See my earlier post:

"Amen Trek! There is a reason they call it a tackle and not a love-tap.

At this rate, defenders will soon have to ask permission from the ball carrier before touching him. :shakeno:

Whatever happened to just knocking the ball carriers socks off? I miss those days. (BTW, I played OLB so you know that I love the big hit.) :wink:"

Lungoystr said:
Bo Jackson destroyed his hip I believe. The tackle on him was a good one but it was actually his own strength that caused the dislocation and other damage that ended his football career. It was a freak accident......but then again, Bo Jackson was a freak of nature. Man that guy was awsome.

I thought the defender grabed his collar from behind? Maybe I'm wrong. But I like the Idea of banning tackling from the collar..

CRAZYDOLFAN305 said:
I thought the defender grabed his collar from behind? Maybe I'm wrong. But I like the Idea of banning tackling from the collar..

I have looked for a clip from that hit and I can't find one. If I remember correctly (I am prone to Alzheimers moments :wink: ) Kevin Walker hit Jackson from the side. Jackson was still moving his legs and actually dislocated his own hip. This was only the beginning of his hip problems though. He ended up having surgery to repair it and later it was found that due to lack of blood flow to the area, some of the tissue, bone, etc had become necrotic. He ended up having an implant put in.

DrAstroZoom said:
The NFL is once again protecting its poster boys. Had T.O. not been injured, this probably would have gone by the wayside.
?
Exactly if it was 6 street free agents who got injured no one says a word

Back
Top Bottom