NFL.com debates Reggie Bush for Mike Wallace in a trade | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL.com debates Reggie Bush for Mike Wallace in a trade

datruth55

Hungry for defense
Club Member
Reaction score
Steelers and Dolphins would help each other out with blockbuster deal
Go big or go home, right? Mike Wallace is unhappy, and the Pittsburgh Steelers need a running back. The Miami Dolphins have no wide receivers and a little bit of depth in the backfield. Mike Wallace for Reggie Bush solve both of those issues.

The Dolphins need to help rookie quarterback Ryan Tannehill with a cornerstone receiver if they expect him to succeed. With this deal, Daniel Thomas inherits the starting job he was drafted for a couple of years ago. You have to find out how talented he is. The Steelers would get a clear-cut No. 1 back, and still have enough weapons at receiver to get by. (Not to mention, Bush catching balls out of the backfield will help make up for any lost production.)

Boom. I make things happen.

I think I would be onboard with this trade.

Dolphins, Tannehill could also greatly benefit from acquiring Packers WR Jones
Miami needs a wide receiver. Green Bay has depth at receiver. How about the Dolphins make a deal with the Packers for James Jones? He is better than any wideout on Miami's current roster and will know at least some of the system (seeing as new Miami head coach Joe Philbin spent the past five seasons as Green Bay's offensive coordinator). Jones has good size and strength, as well as above-average speed. He would be a valuable weapon for rookie QB Ryan Tannehill.

Miami could send a mid-round pick to Green Bay. Ted Thompson loves draft picks. Both team help themselves.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...tential-trades-entering-season?module=HP11_cp

This one's not bad either.

[h=4]Dolphins, Tannehill could also greatly benefit from acquiring Packers WR Jones[/h]Miami needs a wide receiver. Green Bay has depth at receiver. How about the Dolphins make a deal with the Packers for James Jones? He is better than any wideout on Miami's current roster and will know at least some of the system (seeing as new Miami head coach Joe Philbin spent the past five seasons as Green Bay's offensive coordinator). Jones has good size and strength, as well as above-average speed. He would be a valuable weapon for rookie QB Ryan Tannehill.

Miami could send a mid-round pick to Green Bay. Ted Thompson loves draft picks. Both teams help themselves.

Can we get his done please? Make it a 3rd or 4th rounder

I like this too. Slaton, Thomas, Miller and Thigpen would be more than enough IMO. Does Wallace fitting in the new system would be my only concern? The more acute football minds here can answer that.

Hell to the eff NO!!!!!! Wtf is wrong with ppl? Bush is what made Matt Moore last season and ppl trying to eff it up for Tanny? Hell no. The second proposal, maybe.

Wouldn't trade Bush. He's our hardest worker and one of our team leaders. I would however send a mid pick to GB.

Mike Wallace for Reggie Bush? I'd have that agreement signed and faxed over before the Steelers even knew what they just agreed to. Reggie is a free agent after this season. Even if he is resigned, he is going to be effective until what, 33 at most? Mike Wallace is a WR and will be effective into his mid 30s. Nevermind the fact that it is easier to get a RB than a top flight WR. That trade would be a no brainer...

I would be far more on board with trading a pick and DT for Wallace than I would giving up Reggie. I think that Reggie will be special in this offense and also think that he will be a huge safety blanket to Tannehill as an outlet receiver. I would also be happy to ship a mid- to late-round pick to GB for Jones. Either way, they need to pull the trigger soon or we are just wasting our time as it appears that this offense is predicated on timing and RT won't have any opportunity to develop with the new receiver. Also, I don't know how Wallace would fit into our offensive scheme but he definitely is a game changer!

Reggie is a leader of this team. Trading him would hurt our locker room chemistry, in my opinion.

Must say, Reggie for Wallace straight up is one tempting trade. Guess it's the emotional factor preventing this. Reggie is the man, hard worker, etc etc. But trading Reggie for Wallace would be the right thing. We have Thomas and Miller in the backfield now and now a young WR in Wallace. Reggie is up in age for a RB (I believe 27) and is in a contract year. If I was a GM I would get this done, but as a fan I'm 50/50.

As for James Jones for a mid round pick I'd say yes if it's a 4th. Can't see Jones being worth more than a 4th. I would trade this in a heartbeat. We are desperate at WR especially with Hartline no where in sight of returning. (Honestly, wouldn't be surprised if Hartline is traded/cut) He's missed all of camp basically and will not be in game day shape probably till week 4 or 5.

Wouldn't be a bad line up at WR if we keep say 5 or 6.

Bess
Naanee
Jones
Fuller
Matthews
Hogan

And if Hartline stays (gets healthy)

WR1- Hartline, Naanee,Hogan
WR2- Jones, Fuller
Slot- Bess

Last edited by a moderator:
We should probably re-sign Reggie now. He seems like he is jacked to have a monster season, and if he does his asking price may go way up...

Sounds like a solid trade for us.

I'm sick and tired of trading players away our stars for draft picks. Could we not get someone proven from the Bears for Marshall? A guard, a tight end, anything?

We should be looking for solid players, not draft picks.

Back
Top Bottom