NFL.com debates Reggie Bush for Mike Wallace in a trade | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL.com debates Reggie Bush for Mike Wallace in a trade

Bush is a high character guy, with talent, that actually wants to play in Miami. Yeah, lets trade him. (sarc)

We have a BUST, an unproven rookie and CFL castoffs as our RB's without Bush.

Bush is not even CLOSE to the mold of a historical Steeler RB anyway. They want maulers.

A mid-round pick for James Jones is fine by me considering what ireland ever has done with mid-round draft picks. One less chance to draft another egnew doesn't really hurt all THAT much anyway.

No to the Bush trade for Wallace. James Jones would be interesting if the price was right. We need bush to help the youngsters.
We need help at WR bad though.

Since when is Wallace a franchise WR? The guy runs one route. He's the Reggie Bush of WRs if you want to say Bush isn't an every down RB.

The worst thing a GM can do, and Ireland does this a lot, is let a players contract expire that has trade value. Reggie did himself a lot of favors last season and his stock is at an all time high, if he is in the long term plans for us his contract should have been extended yesterday. This is just another example of Ireland being too safe in his decision making, grow some balls and extend Bush now or deal him.

Now, there is one caveat to the "never let a players contract expire" rule and thats if your team has a legitimate shot at winning a super bowl, I think even the biggest homers would agree that Reggies services aren't going to make or break our superbowl ambitions this season.

While its true reggie is one of our leaders, he is a FA next season and I don't see him re-signing with miami if he has a good or even decent season. He is gonna want what ireland is not going to offer. On the other hand with Mike, we get to help our hopefully future franchise QB. Young Qb's need a receiver freak damn it, look at Gabbert last year! I would make this trade happen, wallace is a huge threat on every play & opens up the running game as well. Its not like reggie is barry sanders here, I like resh but I'll make it happen! We need a wideout!

Slayton and a fifth for Wallace. We keep Bush because with this crop of recievers Reggie will be catching alot of balls out of the backfield.

I've really grown to like Reggie from a character standpoint. Didn't expect that. He's a good leader on this team. If it wasn't for the intangibles he brings this would be such an easy yes, but his character makes me hesitant to get rid of him even though it would shock the hell out of me if he's healthy 2 years in a row.

If you trade Reggie you are conceding this season, we have no other RBs of merit, we have a lot of could haves or should be's. We will go from needing a WR to needing a RB, and if you are willing to concede this season then why make the trade at all because at least Reggie works hard and leads by example.

Becasue they will both want $12,000,000 a season.

With the new CBA, the time to draft and hold on to players is now even more important.

it takes more than just the draft to make a team playoff worthy as i said in another thread if we drafted 10 years ,top 10 and we get 2 good players a draft it will take atleast 8-10 years to compete and the first guy we draft in the 1st year will be an 8-10 year vet and will be ready to retire so imo we need to gamble a little and go into FA and trade to make a team competative .

No way Reggie for Wallace. Even if Bush is going to be a FA, we already know what wallace wants, and it's too much for a pretty accomplished organization like the Steelers, it should be too much for everyone else. Reggie is our only-or at least best- playmaker and he can't go anywhere!

Yep, this will do me fine.

We are not going to challenge in the next two years, but a quality WR will certainly help RT's development. It will also determine how Miller, Thomas & Slaton fair throughout the year.

I wouldn't be on board reggie for wallace straight up due to all the previous mentions, i would however pull the trigger for reggie and ireland for wallace and kevin colbert! cmon ireland pull the trigger on yourself and make it happen! Damn wishful thinking on my part

Look we are looking to have a west coast offense here. Wallace would be a great addition. I say yes.

Back
Top Bottom