NFL combine update | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL combine update

Originally posted by SMadison29
Shawn Andrews verified a story we posted last week; he was in fact over 400-pounds but has been on a crash diet, working out twice daily and lost some 35-pounds the past six weeks.

His draft status is more than likely out of our range then.. He's probably now a top 15 pick..

If so, good. I don't want that temptation.

I honestly think he's going to be a bust. His weight problem scares the hell out of me. If he could have stabalized his weight all year at 340 or such I'd have no problem with him.

Still, at 366 he is still an amazing tackle. I don't care if he weights 500 pounds. If he keeps his weight in check during the season, thats all that would phase me.. He's still a great talent.

The combine doesn't mean anything. How many players have gone through the combine and busted big time? Last years was Kyle Boller (I love the Ravens FO, but wtf was that about). KB is never going to be a good QB, and won't be good enough to win a championship... Unless the Ravens D goes 2000 style.

Vernon Carey usually played at 350+ last 2 years he is down to 335 watch out, what a player he will become not saying he will be better than gallery but i would take him over andrews

From GBN:
Miami DT shrinking!...One player who appears to have benefited from the pre-draft training process is Miami DT Vince Wilfork. According to Pete Prisco of CBSSportsline, Wilfork, who played at close to 345 pounds the past couple of seasons, is down to a svelte 315 pounds. And that could be a big plus for Wilfork who has seen his draft stock in recent months in large part because scouts felt he didn't have the conditioning to go full out for more than a few plays at a time playing at the higher weight. Plus, playing at the lower weight has to improve Wilfork's overall quickness.

If Wilfork is down to 315 he will be a top 10 pick easy. He is already quick off the ball and now 30 lbs lighter HOLY S@#T. I really cannot count the times he was in the off. backfield hitting the QB before he could turn and hand the ball off to the RB it is scary to think what kind of player i could turn out to be think Warren Sapp before he got fat and lazy and Jerome Brown.

Oline interviews:

Shawn Andrews / OT / Arkansas

- Just six weeks ago he weighed in at 401. He believes part of his problem is that he had a sinus problem and it was discovered that he had polyps in his nasal passages. He confirmed that he would have a procedure to remove the polyps shortly after the Combine is over.

- Lost 35-38 pounds since then and measured in today at 6'4" and 366 lbs. He believes his target weight is 335-340.

- He attributes his weight loss to working out twice a day and changing his diet and he has been working out in Arizona.

- He'll workout at his pro day on 3/24.

Vernon Carey / OL /Miami (Fla.)

- He confirmed he's scheduled to meet with 11 teams while he's here but he has not been given a run down on what teams as of yet.

- He confirmed he had surgery in January for a torn meniscus but he's recovering nicely and he'll run at his pro day at Miami.

- He believes he'll be the second or third OL drafted.

- He told us that his toughest opponent in his tenure at Miami wasn't on the other team, rather going up against DL Vince Wilfork. He also said former Hurricane DE Jerome McDougle was tough to go up against.

Nat Dorsey / OL / Georgia Tech

- He confirmed for us that he has a few interviews scheduled this evening and one of them is with the Cardinals.

- He told us he will work out fully here and he'll also workout at his pro day on 3/9.

RB interiews

Julius Jones / RB / Notre Dame

- He told us the Senior Bowl experience really helped him because he got to play against better competition. After watching him practice during Senior Bowl week, we believe he really helped his draft stock. An impressive 40-time could put him high in the second round.

- He has been talking to his brother Thomas (currently a free agent but last played with Tampa Bay) about the Combine process and what to expect this week.

- He will participate in everything here and he expects to run a 4.3-4.4 on Saturday when the RBs run.

Maurice Clarett / RB / Ohio St.

- He said today that he will not workout at the Combine this week or on Ohio St.'s Pro Day. Instead, he'll workout in the first week of April for NFL teams but he isn't sure where he'll be able to do it. Clarett is expected to go through a series of interviews with various teams this evening.

- He confirmed that he has not signed with an agent yet but he has several that he's considering at this time.

- He feels that not working out here won't hurt him rather his private workouts for teams will help determine where he is selected in the draft.

- He confirmed his goal weight is 230 and he fees that he will be able to run 4.4-4.5, which he ran at Ohio St. when he played there.

I don't think is a good idea for us to take a chance on any linemen that's more than 330lbs. The heat in Miami will destroy those guys with the 2 a day.Is hot and humid in Miami most of the season and being that big is a killer for a guy playing in that heat imo.

Ozzy rules!!

Look for Shannon Snell to turn heads in the quickness drills...........or in the interviews........There must be a reason he was tagged the "Best Interior Lineman in College Football" a year ago...............

Does anybody know why he fell from grace like this?

Here is his profile:

http://www.nflfuture.com/shannonsnell.html

I won't post them all but here are the players of positions we may look to.

Today's Interviews from Adam Caplan

Devery Henderson / WR / LSU

- Confirmed for us that he will not work out here. He will at his pro day.

- Has been working out with speed coach Tom Shaw who Henderson said he helping him get off the line better.

- Feels that he can run better than a 4.3 40.

- Told us that Senior Bowl week was helpful because he got to work with NFL coaches and he got to see how the pace is of their practices.

- Henderson, in our mind, is going to be a solid sleeper prospect that you could here from within his first two years of his pro career.

Addition notes:

- We have confirmed that the 49ers (with Terrell Owens and Tai Streets to be free agents come 3/3) have spoken to WRs Darrius Watts (Marshall) and Keary Colbert (USC).

John Navarre / QB / Michigan

- Confirmed for us that he met with the Dolphins on Thursday.

Eli Manning / QB / Mississippi

- Confirmed that he will not be working out here rather he will on his pro day on 3/11 at the Saints practice facility.

J.P. Losman / QB / Tulane

- Confirmed for us that he will participate in all drills here and on is pro day on 3/10.

Ben Roethlisberger / QB / Miami-Ohio

- Confirmed he will not run here. He will workout at his pro day on 3/15.

- He said he did not play QB until his senior year on high school.

Reggie Williams / WR / Washington

- Confirmed for us that he plans on working out here this week. He will also do so on his Pro Day.

- Feels that his run after the catch (RAC) is his best attribute (good for the West Coast offense).

Michael Clayton / WR / LSU

- Confirmed for us that he will do everything here. He has been working out in Bradenton Fla. at a speed school and he feels he is ready to run a solid 40-time here.

- Said that had QB Matt Mauck returned to LSU and not left early, he probably would have returned to LSU for his senior season.

- Confirmed that he met with Tampa Bay, San Francisco, New York Giants, Jacksonville, and Washington so far.

- Said his target 40-time is 4.4-4.5.

Last edited by a moderator:
WR Weigh-ins

Full Name School Ht Wt
Derek Abney Kentucky 5-9.2 179
Kevin Beard Miami-Fl 6-0.1 180
Bernard Berrian Fresno State 6-1 183
Maurice Brown Iowa 6-0.2 219
Drew Carter Ohio State 6-4 204
Michael Clayton LSU 6-2.6 209
Keary Colbert USC 6-0.7 207
Chris Collins Mississippi 6-0.1 201
Terrance Cooper East Carolina 5-11.7 208
Jerricho Cotchery North Carolina State 6-0.4 212
Lane Danielsen Iowa State 6-0.1 197
Devard Darling Washington State 6-1.1 213
Lee Evans Wisconsin 5-10.7 197
Larry Fitzgerald Pittsburgh 6-2.7 225
Carlos Francis Texas Tech 5-9.1 198
D.J. Hackett Colorado 6-2.4 199
Derrick Hamilton Clemson 6-2.7 196
Devery Henderson LSU 5-11.4 198
Justin Jenkins Mississippi State 5-11.4 213
Michael Jenkins Ohio State 6-4.4 218
B.J. Johnson Texas 5-11.3 207
Tony Johnson Penn State 5-10.5 202
Kelvin Kight Florida 5-11.7 213
Ryan Krause Neb-Omaha 6-2.4 244
Triandos Luke Alabama 5-11.1 190
Maurice Mann Nevada 6-1.4 191
Tim Manning Jackson State 5-10.6 179
Derek McCoy Colorado 6-3.2 210
Jeris McIntyre Auburn 5-11.2 203
Clarence Moore Northern Arizona 6-5.5 211
Johnnie Morant Syracuse 6-4 229
James Newson Oregon State 6-0.6 213
Samie Parker Oregon 5-10.3 179
Carlos Perez Florida 5-11.4 203
P.K. Sam Florida State 6-3.3 210
Jonathan Smith Georgia Tech 5-10.1 194
John Standeford Purdue 6-3.1 197
Kendrick Starling San Jose State 6-0.5 193
Jamaar Taylor Texas A&M 6-0.5 197
Sloan Thomas Texas 6-1.4 203
Andrae Thurman Southern Oregon 5-11.2 192
Darius Watts Marshall 6-1.3 188
Huey Whittaker South Florida 6-4.2 234
Ernest Wilford Virginia Tech 6-3.5 226
Roy Williams Texas 6-2.4 212
Reggie Williams Washington 6-3.6 229
George Wilson Arkansas 6-0.1 213
Rashaun Woods Oklahoma State 6-2.1 202
Carlos Wright Tennessee State 6-1 203
Kevin Youngblood Clemson 6-4.3 213

Notes: Ryan Krause who weighed in at 244-pounds, requested permission to lift and proceeded to complete 18 repetitions on the bench.

QB Weigh-Ins

Full Name School Ht Wt
Casey Clausen Tennessee 6-3.4 223
Jason Fife Oregon 6-3.7 226
Josh Harris Bowling Green 6-1.4 238
Robert Kent Jackson State 6-4.2 222
Craig Krenzel Ohio State 6-3.4 228
Jared Lorenzen Kentucky 6-3.2 288
J.P. Losman Tulane 6-2.2 224
Eli Manning Mississippi 6-4.6 221
Luke McCown Louisiana Tech 6-3.2 208
John Navarre Michigan 6-6.0 246
Cody Pickett Washington 6-3.4 233
Scott Rislov San Jose State 6-1.0 224
Philip Rivers North Carolina State 6-5.0 229
Ell Roberson Kansas State 5-1.1 194
Ben Roethlisberger Miami-Ohio 6-4.7 241
Rod Rutherford Pittsburgh 6-1.5 240
Matt Schaub Virginia 6-5.5 243
Jeff Smoker Michigan State 6-3.1 223
B.J. Symons Texas Tech 6-0.4 210
Bradlee Van Pelt Colorado State 6-2.2 231

I updated my RBs post in this thread to include the players accidently omitted.

From TFY

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom