NFL Draft Showcase 3 rd mock | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Draft Showcase 3 rd mock

SpeedRush99 said:
Assume based on what? The same assumptions that you "think" he could be a good LT in the NFL when he played RT in college? Thats very poor logic when your talking about a 1st round pick.

I am getting that information from Mel Kiper Jr, that he could play at Left Tackle.

Skeet84 said:
I am getting that information from Mel Kiper Jr, that he could play at Left Tackle.
Theres a huge difference between "could" play LT and "would be a solid" LT. You don't take someone that high in that draft to play a postion other than their natural one.

SpeedRush99 said:
Theres a huge difference between "could" play LT and "would be a solid" LT. You don't take someone that high in that draft to play a postion other than their natural one.

Well people take QB and change all there Mechanics and teach them new ones. QB go to WR and I have seen alot more things stranger than a Right Tackle becoming a Left Tackle

Skeet84 said:
Well people take QB and change all there Mechanics and teach them new ones. QB go to WR and I have seen alot more things stranger than a Right Tackle becoming a Left Tackle

Not even close to the same thing.

And the QB to WR thing, who besides Matt Jones? He's an exception, not the rule.

SpeedRush99 said:
Not even close to the same thing.

And the QB to WR thing, who besides Matt Jones? He's an exception, not the rule.

Matt Jones is not a WR he is a TE. Antwan Randle EL , Kordell Stewart ( Was a Good WR before he only wanted to be a QB ) , and I am not totally sure on anyone else. There are alot of LB that go to safety or something and Brian Urlach was a Safety turned middle line backer. Changing to a whole new position is not impossible so why is everyone making it seem like going from right tackle to Left tackle so much harder? I am not positive, But I am sure its been done before. He also has one of ( If not the best ) offensive line coaches in the league.

SpeedRush99 said:

You are completely right and I am dead wrong. SOrry I thought he was a TE cause he was drafted as a Tight end and I never knew they moved him into the slot. Sorry again about that.

Scouts' take: Here's what Jacksonville might have been thinking. Jones has excellent athletic ability – he's fast enough to stretch the field, and he's big enough to line up at tight end. The problem is, Jones isn't physical enough to hold his own as an in-line blocker and likely will struggle if asked to play a signficant role at tight end. While he has the potential to develop into a bigger slot receiver who can cause some matchup problems, like a Joe Jurevicius, he doesn't run sharp routes, and he doesn't read defenses well. He is a developmental prospect who primarily played quarterback at the college level, and he isn't a great practice player, so there are some concerns he won't ever realize his potential. This is easily the most questionable pick of the day at this point.

Skeet84 said:
You are completely right and I am dead wrong. SOrry I thought he was a TE cause he was drafted as a Tight end and I never knew they moved him into the slot. Sorry again about that.

Scouts' take: Here's what Jacksonville might have been thinking. Jones has excellent athletic ability – he's fast enough to stretch the field, and he's big enough to line up at tight end. The problem is, Jones isn't physical enough to hold his own as an in-line blocker and likely will struggle if asked to play a signficant role at tight end. While he has the potential to develop into a bigger slot receiver who can cause some matchup problems, like a Joe Jurevicius, he doesn't run sharp routes, and he doesn't read defenses well. He is a developmental prospect who primarily played quarterback at the college level, and he isn't a great practice player, so there are some concerns he won't ever realize his potential. This is easily the most questionable pick of the day at this point.

He's been a WR all season. Just cause a scout said he's big enough to be a TE doesn't mean he was drafted as one.

SpeedRush99 said:
He's been a WR all season. Just cause a scout said he's big enough to be a TE doesn't mean he was drafted as one.

When he was drafted on Draft day last year they said he was a TE. Thats why I thought he was a TE.

Jacksonville drafted him as a WR. When Tagliabue announced who Jacksonville selected in the 1st round, I believe he said "Wide receiver Matt Jones, Arkansas".

Anywho, the QB to WR thing has generally worked out pretty well. Just off the top of my head, Kordell Stewart, Antwaan Randle El, Hines Ward, Drew Bennett, and Matt Jones have all worked out. Ronald Curry worked out pretty well for Oakland too, catching 50 balls for 679 yards in 2004 (he was injured most all of 2005). Those are just the guys I can think of, too. I'm sure there are guys I'm not thinking of.

Marty Booker is another converted Qb

Although back on the original topic I prefer Finsfan79's

1st Manny Lawson OLB NCS
2nd Darnell Bing SS USC
3rd Brody Croyle QB Alabama

combination to the nfl draft showcase version, although croyle still being there in the 3rd is only 50/50 in my book

Back
Top Bottom