NFL Draft Showcase 3 rd mock | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Draft Showcase 3 rd mock

Phishstix said:
we already drafted a right tackle in the first round two years ago, why draft another one, especially one that is a little raw and probably won't be able to step in and start next year? if cutler and the top notch defensive players are gone (williams, huff, greenway), a trade down to the late 1st would be the best option imo, and pick up winston, mangold, lawson, or howard, who are better value in the late 20's than justice is at 16.

Well Justice can Play both Tackles and Carey can play Guard while Alabi starts at Left and Jeno at Left guard and hopefully Bently as the Center. Having guys that can play Multiple positions goes along way for our depth. Besides there is no telling how much faith Saban has in Carey or Alabi for that matter. Free agency will tell us alot. We might not always find someone to trade up anyway.

Skeet84 said:
Well Justice can Play both Tackles and Carey can play Guard while Alabi starts at Left and Jeno at Left guard and hopefully Bently as the Center. Having guys that can play Multiple positions goes along way for our depth. Besides there is no telling how much faith Saban has in Carey or Alabi for that matter. Free agency will tell us alot. We might not always find someone to trade up anyway.
WAY to many unknowns in that scenario. Alabi hasn't seen the NFL field yet. Justice is a natural RT. Carey has spent all his time at tackle since he's been here. You really wanna start the season with basically 2 rookies at tackle and an unexperienced guard? Very shaky.

Phishstix said:
we already drafted a right tackle in the first round two years ago, why draft another one, especially one that is a little raw and probably won't be able to step in and start next year? if cutler and the top notch defensive players are gone (williams, huff, greenway), a trade down to the late 1st would be the best option imo, and pick up winston, mangold, lawson, or howard, who are better value in the late 20's than justice is at 16.
I agree 110%, except for the Winston part :D

SpeedRush99 said:
WAY to many unknowns in that scenario. Alabi hasn't seen the NFL field yet. Justice is a natural RT. Carey has spent all his time at tackle since he's been here. You really wanna start the season with basically 2 rookies at tackle and an unexperienced guard? Very shaky.

Well I am actually assuming this. LT- Alabi LG- Jeno James C- Bently RG- Hadnot RT- Justice. I think having alot of guys that can play Different positions on the offense of line would only help us. That does sound alittle shaky I won't deny that. However we would always have a Good Back-up Tackle whether it be Carey, Justice, Or Alabi. the biggest risk is Justice and its a risk with all rookies tho. I mean if all our top choices are gone I am not in favor of passing up what could be a great oline man for us. I only say pick Justice cause thats assuming most of the top guys we want will be gone.

Skeet84 said:
Well I am actually assuming this. LT- Alabi LG- Jeno James C- Bently RG- Hadnot RT- Justice. I think having alot of guys that can play Different positions on the offense of line would only help us. That does sound alittle shaky I won't deny that. However we would always have a Good Back-up Tackle whether it be Carey, Justice, Or Alabi. the biggest risk is Justice and its a risk with all rookies tho. I mean if all our top choices are gone I am not in favor of passing up what could be a great oline man for us. I only say pick Justice cause thats assuming most of the top guys we want will be gone.

we have too many holes to do that. Rex will be center for us most likely I believe next year as Bently wants to go to Cleveland. Plus We will not waste a 1st upon a right tackle sorry.

I would rather take scott and make him our left tackle for the future. But honestly I like lawson/simpson/carpenter in the first. Starting with lawson as he is just an elite young player.

His stock is going to go amazingly high with the combine. But we shall see what happens and all.

I dont like Ryans at all, he doesnt fit our system at all. Saban even before stated so within one of his radio interviews a while back. The kid is too slow, too small and doesnt work for us. HE is a 4-3 OLB plain and simple.

Finsfan79 said:
we have too many holes to do that. Rex will be center for us most likely I believe next year as Bently wants to go to Cleveland. Plus We will not waste a 1st upon a right tackle sorry.

I would rather take scott and make him our left tackle for the future. But honestly I like lawson/simpson/carpenter in the first. Starting with lawson as he is just an elite young player.

His stock is going to go amazingly high with the combine. But we shall see what happens and all.

I dont like Ryans at all, he doesnt fit our system at all. Saban even before stated so within one of his radio interviews a while back. The kid is too slow, too small and doesnt work for us. HE is a 4-3 OLB plain and simple.

I think That Justice is a way better Left Tackle prospect than Scott. Now lets hear it because Justice did not play that much Left Tackle in college. I think however the only reason he was a right tackle was to protect Matt Leinarts blind side.

Skeet84 said:
I think That Justice is a way better Left Tackle prospect than Scott. Now lets hear it because Justice did not play that much Left Tackle in college. I think however the only reason he was a right tackle was to protect Matt Leinarts blind side.

the technique is very different upon left and right tackles. The style of defense there as well. He also didnt take a snap at Left tackle for a few years.

Skeet84 said:

I think you are GREATLY under estimating what it takes to play any given position on the Oline. Its not like every spot is interchangeable. Theres alot of technique that goes into each position. Sure Hadnot moved to Center last season, but only because of injury and prior knowledge.

And like I said before that Oline lineup is shaky with such inexperience at tackle.

Skeet84 said:
he was a RT as a freshman when carson palmer was the QB.

No I understand what it takes and they are not interchangable. However there are alot of guys that can play multiple positions on our oline. Justice could be a Great Left Tackle. Our oline needs depth and if Justice can't play Left Tackle he ends up just being a solid right tackle for us. OK I don't see that as a wasted pick. I am just saying that he would be the best pick for us at 16 if all the Defensive stars are gone ( Huff, Williams, Greenway, Hgata ). I also don't see Cutler there either and its gunna be hard to tade down and get equal price for out pick. Nick Saban has already proved he will not take less than Value for something.

Skeet84 said:

I would never say way better when they both played on championship teams but I do not argue that Justice is better, but if we trade down and get another pick say from Denver, then Scott and Mangold would make dividends pay bigtime for us for many years IMO. Long shot that happens though.

Juan Cribbs said:
he was a RT as a freshman when carson palmer was the QB.
You Should also assume that their was probably a better tackle prospect there when he was a freshman too.

Skeet84 said:
You Should also assume that their was probably a better tackle prospect there when he was a freshman too.

Assume based on what? The same assumptions that you "think" he could be a good LT in the NFL when he played RT in college? Thats very poor logic when your talking about a 1st round pick.

Back
Top Bottom