NFL exec says Tua has undisclosed injuries..... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL exec says Tua has undisclosed injuries.....

I'm sure there will be more of this. The guy who runs Seahawksdraftblog.com has been pushing the injured too-risky Tua theme for a month or more. Yesterday he taped an interview with Lombardi that will be posted within a day or two. Given the situational influence of taping the same day Lombardi made the comments there certainly will be emphasis along those lines, even though the blog is obviously Seattle aimed as a rule.

There seems to be a trend developing. I'm not one to ignore trendlines even if some of the details within don't pass scrutiny. Given Tua's injury history and inability to get a look at him there probably is growing potential that one team after another would pass on him. I wouldn't be comfortable setting an over/under on Tua's draft slotting right now. However, even if the consensus is lower all it takes is one team to have a different opinion, and less fear. That's more likely at quarterback than anywhere else.

I'm sure there will be more of this. The guy who runs Seahawksdraftblog.com has been pushing the injured too-risky Tua theme for a month or more. Yesterday he taped an interview with Lombardi that will be posted within a day or two. Given the situational influence of taping the same day Lombardi made the comments there certainly will be emphasis along those lines, even though the blog is obviously Seattle aimed as a rule.

There seems to be a trend developing. I'm not one to ignore trendlines even if some of the details within don't pass scrutiny. Given Tua's injury history and inability to get a look at him there probably is growing potential that one team after another would pass on him. I wouldn't be comfortable setting an over/under on Tua's draft slotting right now. However, even if the consensus is lower all it takes is one team to have a different opinion, and less fear. That's more likely at quarterback than anywhere else.
Sorting through this is obviously more difficult with the Coronavirus outbreak. Even if the latest injury is not true, there's still enough of an injury history to make teams pass. Does Miami take a chance on Tua? If Tua and Herbert are both there at #5, does Herbert now become quarterback #2 behind Burrow? Or, potentially do the Dolphins offer a kings ransom to deal up for Burrow?

Of course, the other option is passing on a quarterback at #5 and getting an elite talent like Simmons, Brown or Okudah. Trading down is an option as well. We'll see how things emerge fairly soon.

We're gonna have 14 more days of this. I just can't wait for the draft and see what we do. I'd totally consider Tua at 5 but I'd not trade 18 or 26 to move up for him. I understand if other people feel different about it tho.

NFL teams are using reporters to pass bogus information that may contain a shred of truth, it's done every year to confuse and plant that seed of doubt that will eat away at scouts and GM's soul, they get paid big money to make the right call and none of them want to be wrong and risk losing there job, it really is psychological warfare at it's finest.

I’m sorry but did I just read Michael Lombardi comparing the opinion of Tua to the hype around ‘hot picks’ like JP Losman and Jason Campbell?

**** my eyes out with a rusty ice cream scoop, this guy is ****ing clown shoes.

Exactly. Michael Lombardi accomplished nothing except to spin the focus around toward himself and his credibility. If he has legitimate points regarding Tua's health, then make them. There should be plenty of backing. Instead he wanders into this comical tangent regarding JP Losman as "the second coming of Jesus Christ."

Is Lombardi out of his mind? Losman averaged 6.8 YPA in college, or more than 4 yards below Tua. Losman was shoved into later first round after being rated considerably lower than that.

I'm not a twitter person. I can see how it becomes easy pickings when you've got Lombardi making comparisons like that. I would not have been as kind as Simon Clancy.

Maybe we should listen to Dabo Swinney instead of Michael Lombardi. I noticed Dabo with a fresh summation on the matter. Dabo was the one who offered clarity regarding DeShaun Watson despite all those nitpickings

This does not sound good at all.

I really don't envy Grier's job this year, having to make the call whether to pick Tua or not.
Either way you make the decision it could blow up in your face big time.

No wonder there are rumours about trading up to number 1 and drafting Joe Burrow.
Burrow seems like the only "sure thing" without a big asteriks attached to him. (At least to someone like me, who admittedly doesn't have much of a clue about scouting.)

Your right......BUT if he picks another great QB then it wont matter. I dont think TUA is worth the risk at such a high draft spot. In this draft You either move up for Burrows or grab whats left at the bottom of the 1st. These QBs are mostly projects. TUA wont make it. Hes playing now for a good starting bonus and then hes gonna be Brian Bonsworth city.

I’ve been saying it for months, trading up for this guy is stupid. Picking him at 5 is risky as hell. With his size and his injury history we should be looking at him with the 18th pick but he’s a QB so the rule is we gotta overdraft him and invest the next 5 years in this guy. Pass.

I’m not sure why anyone needs to make up injuries about Tua. He’s already had 7 or 8 confirmed injuries...and some guy saying he’s had a 9th injury (legit out not) is supposed to change minds? Even if Tua broke his wrist, I don’t think it’s changing minds at this point. It’s just something to click on.

Maybe the Dolphins paid Lombardi off?

Yes he did break his index finger requiring surgery... the accusation is that their was an undisclosed wrist injury and surgery.

I wouldn’t use Simon as solid proof a longtime NFL scout, executive and GM doesn’t have inside info Simon is not privy too.

Exactly. Michael Lombardi accomplished nothing except to spin the focus around toward himself and his credibility. If he has legitimate points regarding Tua's health, then make them. There should be plenty of backing. Instead he wanders into this comical tangent regarding JP Losman as "the second coming of Jesus Christ."

Is Lombardi out of his mind? Losman averaged 6.8 YPA in college, or more than 4 yards below Tua. Losman was shoved into later first round after being rated considerably lower than that.

I'm not a twitter person. I can see how it becomes easy pickings when you've got Lombardi making comparisons like that. I would not have been as kind as Simon Clancy.

Maybe we should listen to Dabo Swinney instead of Michael Lombardi. I noticed Dabo with a fresh summation on the matter. Dabo was the one who offered clarity regarding DeShaun Watson despite all those nitpickings

Lombardi is far more credible and accomplished and connected than Simon Clancy....you might want to wait to see if the undisclosed injuries are actually true or not before making up your mind.

I doubt Simon has any first hand info on the subject...or was hanging around the Bama program in the spring of 2018?

Lombardi is far more credible and accomplished and connected than Simon Clancy....you might want to wait to see if the undisclosed injuries are actually true or not before making up your mind.

I doubt Simon has any first hand info on the subject...or was hanging around the Bama program in the spring of 2018?
He does have contacts at Alabama having interviewed a number of players, including Tua, for various publications. He probably isn’t as connected as Lombardi within the circle of former/failed NFL execs, but that doesn’t really affect Lombardi being a clown.

He does have contacts at Alabama having interviewed a number of players, including Tua, for various publications. He probably isn’t as connected as Lombardi within the circle of former/failed NFL execs, but that doesn’t really affect Lombardi being a clown.

It makes the insult a joke... because Lombardi is more connected...and until we know the validity of the undisclosed injuries...insulting Lombardi seems premature to me?

It makes the insult a joke... because Lombardi is more connected...and until we know the validity of the undisclosed injuries...insulting Lombardi seems premature to me?
Potentially on this matter, but even if he’s right on this there’s enough evidence to mean considering him a clown is not unreasonable. The guy’s a ****ing joke, but I throw enough **** at a wall and eventually some of it sticks.

.insulting Lombardi seems premature to me?
Lombardi's rant about Tua reads more like a message board post than an actual professionnal, maybe why he isnt a professionnal anymore now that I think about it...

Back
Top Bottom