NFL exec says Tua has undisclosed injuries..... | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL exec says Tua has undisclosed injuries.....

Well Lombardi posted a pod today and changed the claim. Now, instead of a broken wrist, it was a broken 5th metatarsal (which is in the foot).

Well he was close enough. Within a few feet. In golf if you're dependably within a few feet you're the greatest of all time.

And it looks like Simon Clancy was far too kind with his "clown" summation of Lombardi. I mentioned last week that I'm not a social media person but if so I would have taken it further than Simon did. As others have emphasized in this thread, the timeline made Lombardi's version impossible.

What to refute? What to ignore? Throughout my life it was not a particularly difficult decision...anything that flunked the intelligence test could be comfortably ignored. But all of that changed within 2016. It became blatantly obvious that some people are so remarkably stupid that you can't ignore anything. If it fits their biases they will swallow anything and gleefully repeat it to fellow simpletons.

I keep thinking back to the first half of that Mississippi State game. Tua was tearing them apart. Despite the loss to LSU a week earlier, the Alabama team and sideline were very relaxed and obviously having a great time. Smiles galore including from Tua in the offensive huddle prior to the final series.

One bad luck, and perhaps ill advised, wander toward the sideline. Now everything shifts on a dime. Now that guy had every broken this and torn that in his history. Those glorious touch passes we were watching just minutes ago didn't actually happen, or if we reluctantly concede they did happen we'll credit them to the wide receivers. That winning touchdown pass in overtime against Georgia didn't happen. The sustained 11 YPA over two seasons didn't happen. This guy doesn't fit the NFL at all. Gardner Minshew can thrive but Tua will be fortunate to get through one series.

Oh, the marvelous mind of an adjuster. You take advantage of the foolishness and don't give it a second thought.

Well he was close enough. Within a few feet. In golf if you're dependably within a few feet you're the greatest of all time.

And it looks like Simon Clancy was far too kind with his "clown" summation of Lombardi. I mentioned last week that I'm not a social media person but if so I would have taken it further than Simon did. As others have emphasized in this thread, the timeline made Lombardi's version impossible.

What to refute? What to ignore? Throughout my life it was not a particularly difficult decision...anything that flunked the intelligence test could be comfortably ignored. But all of that changed within 2016. It became blatantly obvious that some people are so remarkably stupid that you can't ignore anything. If it fits their biases they will swallow anything and gleefully repeat it to fellow simpletons.

I keep thinking back to the first half of that Mississippi State game. Tua was tearing them apart. Despite the loss to LSU a week earlier, the Alabama team and sideline were very relaxed and obviously having a great time. Smiles galore including from Tua in the offensive huddle prior to the final series.

One bad luck, and perhaps ill advised, wander toward the sideline. Now everything shifts on a dime. Now that guy had every broken this and torn that in his history. Those glorious touch passes we were watching just minutes ago didn't actually happen, or if we reluctantly concede they did happen we'll credit them to the wide receivers. That winning touchdown pass in overtime against Georgia didn't happen. The sustained 11 YPA over two seasons didn't happen. This guy doesn't fit the NFL at all. Gardner Minshew can thrive but Tua will be fortunate to get through one series.

Oh, the marvelous mind of an adjuster. You take advantage of the foolishness and don't give it a second thought.

What gets lost in this is part of what makes Tua who he is in the first place and I'm glad you brought it up.

People forget that Tua had been missing a lot of practice leading up to the LSU game because of the tightrope surgery after the sprained ankle vs. Tennessee. Tua threw an interception against LSU in the 2 minute offense just prior to halftime of the LSU game that led to the game getting out of hand just before halftime. LSU scored again just before halftime off that interception.

Tua knew he was rusty in the 2 minute offense due to lack of reps and with that interception against LSU fresh in his mind. This is why he bargained with Saban to put him back in for one last series up 35-7 against Miss. St. before halftime. He wanted to get one last series of work in 2 minute offense.

It's the type of leader and competitor he is. He strives for absolute perfection. Unfortunately, what transpired next was one of the most unlucky and catastrophic plays in the history of college football. Certainly in my 50+ years of watching it.

It doesn’t matter who he takes he gets three years Is it a conservative move to try to move a needle within Herbert that is already within Tua??
The only needle in Tua that isn't in Herbert is the needle used to close the incision made to repair his hip.

Neither one has played a down of NFL football...yet here we are projecting against a person fresh off a catastrophic injury. I don't get the need for people to have Tua be this QB god that he was in his two-year stint in college.

The only needle in Tua that isn't in Herbert is the needle used to close the incision made to repair his hip.

Neither one has played a down of NFL football...yet here we are projecting against a person fresh off a catastrophic injury. I don't get the need for people to have Tua be this QB god that he was in his two-year stint in college.

I can post whatever I want - I paid

That's false. You can get a Herbert in every draft. Tua's don't come along very often.

Broken femur, collarbone, sprained knee, concussion....just wanted to get all that in so we can compare injuries too.

That's false. You can get a Herbert in every draft. Tua's don't come along very often.

Broken femur, collarbone, sprained knee, concussion....just wanted to get all that in so we can compare injuries too.

I haven't been watching as long as many of you (born in 1989). However, I agree with Slimm here. I have never seen a QB coming out that goes through his progressions so quickly and naturally. You can just see that nothing overwhelms him. He would thrive in our spread offense and is a perfect fit for Flores. Checks all the leadership boxes, his injuries are the only concern, but they protect QBs a lot more in the pros. I would take the risk because he potentially could become a top 5 qb in this league.

In a perfect world...I'd agree.

Tua would go 1st overall. This isn't a perfect world leading up to this draft. Tua may or may not last past his rookie contract. We just don't know.

In a perfect world...I'd agree.

Tua would go 1st overall. This isn't a perfect world leading up to this draft. Tua may or may not last past his rookie contract. We just don't know.

Any of em may or may not last past their rookie contract. The biggest risk is drafting players that can’t play well enough. Period.

There will be much more of that going on than players with injury histories not lasting beyond their rookie contract.

but they protect QBs a lot more in the pros. I would take the risk because he potentially could become a top 5 qb in this league.

They have to protect QBs more in the pros. They are investments and not to mention, the defenders in the NFL are better than the defenders in college.

Apparently 3 teams have removed Tuaamann from their draft boards.
Hopefully, it's the Chargers, Jaguars, and Raiders...this way we can take Tua and not give anything up.

Back
Top Bottom