NFL Network Ditka play of the week: Yep, McGinest faking an injury. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Network Ditka play of the week: Yep, McGinest faking an injury.

Originally posted by Section126
I visited one of their boards and I felt almost UN-clean after a little while.......they think that they have the 1985 bears, 1979 steelers, and the 88 49ers combined in this patties team......sickening.
The feeling DEFINENTALLY goes both ways.

"The Dolphins have a much more talented team then the Patriots"

How many times have I heard that one here. ;)

Originally posted by NE Matt
I challange any Fin fan to give me a link where anybody in the national media is bemoaning the state of the NFL based on McGinnest leaving due to injury and returning to make the play of the game. ESPN, NFL.com, SI CNN, PFW. Pick your favorite national (hell, even the local rags) NFL media person and tell me where they call it cheating or poor sportsmanship.

It was, at the very least, suspicious if you're a Colts fan. If you're celebrating the Patriots' eighth consecutive victory today, then perhaps it's more fortuitous. But the winners didn't have their story straight about what happened.

"He cramped up there at the end and couldn't get off the field," said Patriots coach Bill Belichick, unaware that McGinest would tell a different tale, that the defender's knee got caught in the AstroTurf.

When asked about being able to put McGinest back out there so soon, Belichick said, "Sometimes, those things loosen up, yeah."

Then came a wry smile from a low-key coach known for grumbling, not grins. It was as if even he knew the Patriots got away with one.

that was from http://www.indystar.com/articles/9/097929-5759-036.html

You're right, nobody is outright calling him a cheating bastard, but they sure are implying it, aren't they?

Originally posted by 1972

It was, at the very least, suspicious if you're a Colts fan. If you're celebrating the Patriots' eighth consecutive victory today, then perhaps it's more fortuitous. But the winners didn't have their story straight about what happened.

"He cramped up there at the end and couldn't get off the field," said Patriots coach Bill Belichick, unaware that McGinest would tell a different tale, that the defender's knee got caught in the AstroTurf.

When asked about being able to put McGinest back out there so soon, Belichick said, "Sometimes, those things loosen up, yeah."

Then came a wry smile from a low-key coach known for grumbling, not grins. It was as if even he knew the Patriots got away with one.

that was from http://www.indystar.com/articles/9/097929-5759-036.html

You're right, nobody is outright calling him a cheating bastard, but they sure are implying it, aren't they?

1972 not sure why you and the rest of the Dolphin fans are upset about Willie being injured and us beating the colts, perhaps if you made the plays when it counted you would not need to depend on another team to do your work for you. The diffrence between losing and winning is making plays. The man says he was hurt and you have nothing to dispute that claim. The national media is not saying anything about so why would you, I am providing a link to an article that John Clayton from ESPN wrote who if thier was something underhanded happening he would have reported it. One last point do you know think the Patriots defense is stronger with a multiple pro bowler player in the line up than without? if you feel the need to be upset and to blame someone for your teams current situation blame the Dolphins, the Patriots did not force your team to lose to the Texans, Titans, Colts, and of course the Pats, put the blame where it belongs on the Dolphins. I come here to debate the upcoming game and 95% of Dolphin fans are reasonable people with an educated opinion and just love their team like we love the Patriots. Let the better team prove that on Sunday and then either you or I will be eating crow till the next meeting.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=1674752

Settle down there, pats4life, my little argument with NE Matt was dying down. I conceded that most of the media is not calling the guy a cheating bastard (only implying it). I realize that the officials have no other choice than to believe someone when they "claim" they are hurt in a situation like that. It was definitely a legal fake injury. More power to you guys for pulling that off. If we could have done something like that to your team to win the game, I would be all for it.

You are way off base if you think I am "blaming" your beloved Patsies for the current Dolphins situation (that doesn't even make any sense), and I get your implication that I am one of the 5%. You are entitled to your opinion, even if you are talking out of your a$$.

Good Luck. Here's to an injury-free, hard fought game. Until Sunday....

Is anyone here really trying to claim they never have seen a player get 'injured' at a particularly opportune time for their team. This happens all the time, most coaches probably don't even have to tell their players to do it. These guys are smart enough to know when to get 'injured'. Funny how McGinest AND Law got 'injured' at the same time.

Law should have also went out of the game...b/c he was limping around like a baby and then lined up to play...that is BS but I really don't care about the "injury" you Pats fans are right...the Colts had 4 chances to punch the ball in from the 2 yard line and did not...the Pats stopped them 4 times. Colts had their chances and did not take advantage of them...Game Over.

Go Fins!!!

Especially when the bootleg was WIDE open on the last two plays.....

What is interesting is that the pats were selling out to stop the run and it occured to noone that a meer playaction fake could draw the whole defense and manning could walk in.

Dungy sucks.

Originally posted by jjdche
Is anyone here really trying to claim they never have seen a player get 'injured' at a particularly opportune time for their team. This happens all the time, most coaches probably don't even have to tell their players to do it. These guys are smart enough to know when to get 'injured'. Funny how McGinest AND Law got 'injured' at the same time.

Thank you. Finally a Pats fan that can admit the truth.

:eek: :D

Originally posted by XNOUGHT

The feeling DEFINENTALLY goes both ways.

"The Dolphins have a much more talented team then the Patriots"

How many times have I heard that one here. ;)

Well, we do.

However the Pats have a much more talented Coaching Staff than the Phins, so it all evens out. :)

I hope that players don't follow by faking more injuries. It will ruin the credibility of the NFL.

Smart move if that's truly the case, but dirty, nonetheless.

Back
Top Bottom