nfl network game of the week | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

nfl network game of the week

campeonaso

Seasoned Veteran
Joined
Apr 20, 2005
Messages
868
Reaction score
0
Age
32
Location
mexico city
patriots dolphins at mnf on tv?

last week in nfl network was the week 14th of last season "games of the week" .
next week in nfl network are going to show week 15th ,does anybody know if they are going to show the monday night we defeated and embarased the new england patriots?
 

Rocky Raccoon

Practice Squad
Joined
Jun 11, 2005
Messages
10,297
Reaction score
1
Location
New Jersey
I don't think so because when I watched Game Of the Week the week after they beat NE, they had some other game on, I think the Packers and Jaguars
 

WestCoastPhins

Seasoned Veteran
Joined
May 7, 2004
Messages
726
Reaction score
0
if anyone doesnt think the monday night miracle isnt the game of the week is a hater. that was some football, great comeback and a huge upset, it would be a shame if they didnt show it. Maybe Im bias but that was the game of the year, that or that shootout between cincy and clevland, if you dont like D.
 

DolfanISS

Perennial All-Pro
Club Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2002
Messages
18,561
Reaction score
7,706
Age
46
Location
Bellingham, MA
WestCoastPhins said:
if anyone doesnt think the monday night miracle isnt the game of the week is a hater. that was some football, great comeback and a huge upset, it would be a shame if they didnt show it. Maybe Im bias but that was the game of the year, that or that shootout between cincy and clevland, if you dont like D.


I have a feeling they don't use Monday nighters??????
 

popularwar

Perennial All-Pro
Joined
Dec 28, 2004
Messages
3,938
Reaction score
0
Age
34
Location
Coral Springs, Florida
F150&Dolfan said:
I have a feeling they don't use Monday nighters??????
They do, remember the Indy v. Minny Game of the Week? The Dolphins-Pats game isn't the game of the week, we're not exactly the favorite team amongst the NFL. Odd that both the blowout the Steelers had against New England and the blowout New England had against the Steelers would be games of the week but a close, competitive game with an underdog winning wouldn't be.
 

'Deep

Super Donator
Club Member
Joined
May 5, 2004
Messages
10,383
Reaction score
19,777
Location
The Left Coast
We get ZERO run on that network. Good thing it`s part of receiving SundayTicket, because I wouldn`t pay a dime to watch that channel.
 

Predaphin

Predator in the Water
Joined
Oct 15, 2001
Messages
12,470
Reaction score
10
Age
42
Location
In the water
campeonaso said:
last week in nfl network was the week 14th of last season "games of the week" .
next week in nfl network are going to show week 15th ,does anybody know if they are going to show the monday night we defeated and embarased the new england patriots?

I was thinking the same thing
 

Drfletcherdc

Active Roster
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
2,945
Reaction score
113
Age
52
Location
Acworth, GA
The first half of that game was boring. ESPN and the NFL network are the Patriots own channels, they aren't going to show New England getting owned.
 

WestCoastPhins

Seasoned Veteran
Joined
May 7, 2004
Messages
726
Reaction score
0
well i got to disagree with the no air time on NFL network, we have gotten more air time than some teams. True there are the favorites that always get the bulk of air time, but they finally have a special for the dolphins(yes the cheerleaders, but close enough).

Oh and I checked through july 30th we have no game of the weeks. What a shame! (Ok maybe we could use more air time) But hey there better than Sportscenter.
 

cltchperf

Pro Bowler
Club Member
Joined
May 12, 2005
Messages
6,433
Reaction score
952
You're right I was just checking the schedule too, no game for Miami. That is bull**** though, but what are you going to do, oh well. I guess NFL network feels obligated to have some Miami coverage though. I checked the NFL Network schedule, and I'm not kidding, the Miami Dolphins cheerleader thing was on every night from now until the end of July!...but yet no game of the week with Miami beating N.E. It's all nice seeing hot cheereleaders, but it's not a big deal, you can see hot chicks in bikinis on virtually any t.v channel, The only reason guys are watching it is because of seeing the obvious, no one really cares what they have to say. I think it's getting way to much air time, the show probably stretches through August, I think that goes to show you the respect networks have for the Miami Dolphins, it's kind of a mockery of the team in a way.
 

Bad Lieutenant

Starter
Joined
May 4, 2003
Messages
311
Reaction score
0
Location
New York City
The NFL Network can't have a Game of the Week for any game they like. These decisions are made before the games are played, and there is a dedicated team of cameramen shooting the game on film, not video. There are only two games a week during the season that receive that treatment, and nothing can be done for a game that looked like a dog but ended up being good.

Bottom line is, even if they wanted to have Pats-Fins as a Game of the Week, they couldn't, cause there is only video footage of the game.

And I'll tell you this, the Jets get even less coverage on that Network than we do. The teams with the most exposure are the Raiders, Vikings, Seahawks and Panthers. Go figure.
 

cltchperf

Pro Bowler
Club Member
Joined
May 12, 2005
Messages
6,433
Reaction score
952
Bad Lieutenant said:
The NFL Network can't have a Game of the Week for any game they like. These decisions are made before the games are played, and there is a dedicated team of cameramen shooting the game on film, not video. There are only two games a week during the season that receive that treatment, and nothing can be done for a game that looked like a dog but ended up being good.

Bottom line is, even if they wanted to have Pats-Fins as a Game of the Week, they couldn't, cause there is only video footage of the game.

And I'll tell you this, the Jets get even less coverage on that Network than we do. The teams with the most exposure are the Raiders, Vikings, Seahawks and Panthers. Go figure.

I get what you're saying, that an NFL Network camera crew selects a game that they believe would potentially be a great game given the two teams playing whether it's division rivals, or two elite teams battling or whatever game is being hyped for the particular week. But that's not really an effective way of getting a great game, but oh well. A sure way to get a great game would be for NFL Netwok to wait until the season ends, every game is taped reagradless if it's national or not, and to have the company that did the footage of the particular game the was the best game of the week, and to make a copy, and send the tapes fro each camera at the stadium, form the different angles. Take the the tapes from each cameras point of view, and send it in the editing room, add voice over, and arrange the separate tapes so that the various shots are arranged right to make the "game the week" look how it should, and the game would actually be a good game. But I can understand why NFL Network wouldn't do that though, one is the complication of getting the footage that would be needed from tapes the came from the various cameras that were at various angles, second would be money, which is another god reason why it doesn't happen this way, all businesses are out for a profit, so why would a company spend money to get something( footgage from CBS, ESPN,ABC,Fox, whatever, when it could be done in another easier way with out the cost. And another reasonis it would take more time, and work that way. It would be nice though, if it went that way, because the games seen would actually match the name of the show.."game of the Week".
 

Jimi

The World Is Yours
Club Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2004
Messages
8,547
Reaction score
3,524
Age
31
Location
Tallahassee
Predaphin said:
I was thinking the same thing

Your sigs lyrics arent right. It really says "I got that cause I ran with the Dolphins"
 
Top Bottom