NFL Network: Miami Dolphins: Most underrated/overrated players of all-time | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Network: Miami Dolphins: Most underrated/overrated players of all-time

jason taylor belongs on the overrated list...if he's not somethings wrong

Underrated: Sam Madison (belongs to be in ring of honor)
Overrated: Ricky Williams

people hate hearing that about jason taylor but provided your old enough to remember every time there was a big moment in a season where we needed him to make a play against a high end team etc jason taylor went ghost...no where to be found

did most his damage against scrub competition...way overrated

as far as underrated throughout the league its def Zach. the guy on the left is a tard, to say morris is overrated. he was just looking at the numbers, glad the other guy shut him up and actually explained the three headed monster we had

Bob's in the HOF were he belongs. How could he be underrated ?

Mercury was what he was , the third part of a three headed monster who has never been rated more than that.

That's the best they could come up with ?

Joe Porter was overrated. Offendall was underrated.

On the Finsider show both O.J.McDuffie and Sam Madison mentioned Oronde Gadsden as most underrated. Good choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
wes welker overrated? they mentioned his receiving stats but he was great on special teams, sometimes it takes some special teams guys awhile to come into their own as a WR (ex Steve Smith)

Merc was the perfect compliment to Csonka and not overrated at all. If longevity is the criteria maybe but he was an extremely dangerous outside threat and they don't do undefeated without him. His stats during the two year Super Bowl championship years were almost exactly that of what Adrian Peterson had this year. 1954 yards 5.8 yards/carry and 22 touchdowns.

people hate hearing that about jason taylor but provided your old enough to remember every time there was a big moment in a season where we needed him to make a play against a high end team etc jason taylor went ghost...no where to be found

I think you can say the exact same thing about Zac Thomas. I liked Zac but he got wiped out against the better teams in the league. He was overrated.

I think you can say the exact same thing about Zac Thomas. I liked Zac but he got wiped out against the better teams in the league. He was overrated.

yeah maybe but that was more about imo the dline letting centers get to him at the 2nd level...kevin mawae center for the jets ate our lunch getting to zach every time we played em...

plus i specifically remember screaming at the tv when we needed to get a sack or a stop to get off the field "jason taylor make a damn play if you're all you're cracked up to be" and him never getting anything but owned...but you'd play some also ran and he'd have like 3 sacks in a game you won by like 20...never showed up when we really needed him to...

anyone remember zach stoning bettis i think it was in the hole and by stoning i mean contact and bettis is flat on his rear end??? i used to love that rolling ball of butcher knives...

that said the whole damn defense let us down every time we needed em those years...they always fell off towards the tail end of the schedule...too much reading their own press clippings...

Yup. 6th all time in total sacks. He must have recorded every single one against the Jaguars.

Jake Freaking Wrong belongs top of that list! With the myth of the Elite Franchise Left Tackle!

I'd say all those Post-Marino teams we had led by Jay Fiedler and a loaded defense could be considered overrated. It is true our defense always collapsed in big moments year after year, but by that same token we had ZERO offense to speak of during those years to support those defenses. We were overrated cause media always had us as Super Bowl favorites or a top 5 team every single season even though we'd always collapse. Our teams were overrated as a whole during that stretch.

anyone remember zach stoning bettis i think it was in the hole and by stoning i mean contact and bettis is flat on his rear end??? i used to love that rolling ball of butcher knives...

@1:05
[video=youtube;zTQOPcJWC4A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTQOPcJWC4A[/video]

Back
Top Bottom