NFL Network: Miami Dolphins: Most underrated/overrated players of all-time | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Network: Miami Dolphins: Most underrated/overrated players of all-time

when is the lst time Miami played a meaningful game against NE? making plays late when the team is out of it doesn't really mean much, where was he late at NE in 2002? where was he in any playoff game? The man known for sacking the QB doesn't have a signle postseason sack despite playing 8 postseason games.

I am convinced you dont even watch games. It was only a few years ago that JT helped the Jets win by strip-sacking the ball from Brady in the 4th quarter when they were in the red zone to seal a game. I guess that wasnt a meaningful game...

You are way off here. I know you think its cool to be in the minority opinion an all, but what you said isn't an opinion, its just flat our incorrect. Many of JT's plays came in the fourth quarter against guys like Brady. He was always on the sidelines rallying the D during the 4th quarters. With all the close games we encountered playing Wannyball, this guy sealed many games. Maybe you are remembering his play the last 2 years in the league, but during his prime there's no way you could apply what you said to his game. No way.

don't try and speak for me first and foremost...i could care less about being cool with the minority opinion crap you are putting out there...taylor did nothing when we needed him most...hell his last few years both here and with the jets all he did was clean up other peoples pressures and get the credit...he was washed up when he left miami the first time...and yeah he got owned a plenty in big games...first ballot hall of famer is a joke...

i'll give you that wanny ball did no one any favors...but we resigned that asshat hc and his sorry qb fiedler like they were legit hcs and qbs and we paid for it...

I am convinced you dont even watch games. It was only a few years ago that JT helped the Jets win by strip-sacking the ball from Brady in the 4th quarter when they were in the red zone to seal a game. I guess that wasnt a meaningful game...

First off I said MIAMI not the Jets and that game you refer to was in week 2 and the Jets were up by 14 pts w/ 4 mins left. Not exactly garbage time as NE still had a chance but not exactly a pressure point in the game yet. The bigger game was the Mon Night game in dec when both teams were 9-2 and battling for the 1 seed. he had 1 tackle in that game w/ the Jets down 38-3. In the playoff game at NE my lasting memory of him was getting run over by Gronk on a 3rd down where if Taylor tackled him it would have been short of the 1st down marker and NE would have had to punt.

First off I said MIAMI not the Jets and that game you refer to was in week 2 and the Jets were up by 14 pts w/ 4 mins left. Not exactly garbage time as NE still had a chance but not exactly a pressure point in the game yet. The bigger game was the Mon Night game in dec when both teams were 9-2 and battling for the 1 seed. he had 1 tackle in that game w/ the Jets down 38-3. In the playoff game at NE my lasting memory of him was getting run over by Gronk on a 3rd down where if Taylor tackled him it would have been short of the 1st down marker and NE would have had to punt.

i remember that game...plenty of video of taylor getting up off the ground after getting owned and pounding the ground like it was everyone elses fault but his...when in fact had the guy made a few plays ie got to testeverde that game would have been over...especially when everyone and their mother knew the jets were gonna pass every damn down...

taylors way overrated around here...

i remember that game...plenty of video of taylor getting up off the ground after getting owned and pounding the ground like it was everyone elses fault but his...when in fact had the guy made a few plays ie got to testeverde that game would have been over...especially when everyone and their mother knew the jets were gonna pass every damn down...

I was actually talking about the 45-3 NE win over us 2 years ago but yeah in that Mon Night miracle game he had a million opportunities in the 4th qtr to make a play and failed.

I was actually talking about the 45-3 NE win over us 2 years ago but yeah in that Mon Night miracle game he had a million opportunities in the 4th qtr to make a play and failed.

well you can't blame taylor for that one...your whole team got rolled...and taylor was washed up anyways...from a beat a nfl tackle off the edge aspect at least

What difference does it make what team he was playing for? Brady was in the red zone with over 4 minutes left, down by 2 scores, and JT strip sacks him.....thats not good enough to call it a clutch play? Ive seen Brady make 2 scores in less than 2 minutes. If you really believe that wasnt a clutch play, then you need to get over yourself.

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

All time NFL forced fumble leader with 47, finished with 139.5 sacks, and 94 passes defended.....if that's what you call overrated, then wow

taylors stats are nice...no doubt...no argument either...but his impact in big games was not there...he padded his stats against bad teams and bad competition...my entire point...he was not as dependable as those stats would indicate in a big game...in fact he was dissappointing frankly...and it repeated itself over and over

it got to the point where i just expected him to no show...

Doesnt cam wake already have more sacks than taylor did in like 5 full seasons?

Maybe this is nuts but as a pass rusher id quite happily take Wake over Taylor if given the choice.

Griese never had to carry the team on his shoulders. The team was a machine. The proof is that there was no dropoff when he was replaced by Morrall. That does't mean Griese wasn't a great quarterback. It means Morrall was good enough to execute the pass plays within a system that worked.

There was no dropoff? Just out of curiosity, how old are you?

That team doesn't win the 1972 AFC Championship game if Bob Griese doesn't come into the game.

Obviously not a great QB but he was underrated by dolphin fans. You guys lost in those years b/c the D always came up small in big spots.

Agree 100%, I used to remember all the times we needed a 4th quarter comeback to win in 2000 and 2001 and Fiedler delivered. We all knew we had a ****ty QB but thought we had a great defense. I don't understand why we needed to rely so heavily on that ****ty QB to deliver in the 4th quarter. Our defense got steamrolled when it counted and that's a fact. Also I'm sort of with Hoops as far as JT never coming up with big sacks. You know who did though, loud mouth Porter. He had 2 or 3 sacks that ended games in 2008. I know nobody likes Porter but he was far from overrated in 2008. 17.5 sacks is nothing to ignore and he was the only threat that year. Reason why this is so near and dear to me is i live in new England and I remember hearing how great the patriots did in signing Adelious Thomas and Miami got stcuk with washed up Joey Porter. Fact is Porter was the better player and as much of a disk he is perceived at he was less of one then Thomas. Miami got the better deal in this one.

Anyone remember the game with the Rams in 1999? It was supposed to be our great CB's vs the greatest show on turf? Remember Warner lit our defense up like a god damn christmas tree (42-7) I think.

I am missing something that people are dumping on JT? He is the best defender in Dolphins history. One of the top playmakers. It was pleasure to cheer for him. One of my favorite feelings was Taylor scooping up a fumble or intercepting a pass a taking it the other way. It was just awesome to watch.

well you can't blame taylor for that one...your whole team got rolled...and taylor was washed up anyways...from a beat a nfl tackle off the edge aspect at least

I don't blame him, he was a bit player for us but the point was as the games got bigger he got smaller.

What difference does it make what team he was playing for? Brady was in the red zone with over 4 minutes left, down by 2 scores, and JT strip sacks him.....thats not good enough to call it a clutch play? Ive seen Brady make 2 scores in less than 2 minutes. If you really believe that wasnt a clutch play, then you need to get over yourself.

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

All time NFL forced fumble leader with 47, finished with 139.5 sacks, and 94 passes defended.....if that's what you call overrated, then wow

It was WEEK TWO and we were up by TWO TDs late.

stats look nice, this is why we don't just look at sacks.

porter was great in 08 and as great as he was in 08 he was equallly as bad in 09...

as for as juncs sayin as the game got bigger jt got smaller 1000 percent correct...

Back
Top Bottom