NFL Network Report on Tua's Contract Extension | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Network Report on Tua's Contract Extension

Does Tua sign a new deal and for how much a year?

• Yes 30-35 mil a year

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Yes 35-40 mil a year

Votes: 10 9.2%
  • Yes 40-45 mil a year

Votes: 33 30.3%
  • Yes above 45 mil a year

Votes: 35 32.1%
  • No plays out 5th year to bet on himself

Votes: 27 24.8%

• Total voters
I have no idea why it would upset anyone. Unless they are signing the check, they should be happy for any player getting as much money as they can.

Anyone upset is just jealous and jealous people aren’t worth wasting my time on.
You’re missing the point.....there is a cap so the more you pay Tua the less money to have a good team around him.......that's the point people are trying to make.....has nothing to do with jealousy

You’re missing the point.....there is a cap so the more you pay Tua the less money to have a good team around him.......that's the point people are trying to make.....has nothing to do with jealousy
Exactly. It more about economics than jealousy. This isn't about Tua Hate, it's about the rest of the team and how it affects it economicaly.

The annual salary doesn’t mean sh*t. All that matters is how the contract is structured and how much guaranteed money is paid out. So, all of you guys with your panties in bunch can just relax until we see the details of the contract.

I have no idea why it would upset anyone. Unless they are signing the check, they should be happy for any player getting as much money as they can.

Anyone upset is just jealous and jealous people aren’t worth wasting my time on.
It's not jealousy it about economics.

I wouldn’t pay that much.
Maybe offer him less and have some very high paying incentives for every step playoff win.

Aren’t Herberts stats better?

Along with all those talented players that missed most of or all of last season?
No they’re not. Statistically, Tua’s been a top 3 qb over the past two years. Also, the dolphins have had many injuries as well. It’s not arguable that Tua has been better than herbert.

Nope they are not... In fact the last 2 seasons, Herbert produced a mediocre 93 rating and didn't even break 7 yards per pass attempts... Myth busted, his record is right in line with his passing production.

So you just choose the stats you want to point out to make your case. Ignoring things like Tua having twice the INTs that Herbert had last year.

For their careers, their numbers are fairly similar and neither has managed to win any big games.

Herberts first two seasons are better than Tua’s best season but we’re going to pretend 2023 was the end all be all for the debate between the two QBs. The Chargers injuries on offense were more significant than ours.

Tua’s 6 TDs in the last 6 games aren’t brag worthy. Doing it against Washington, Denver and Carolina but not anyone of quality doesn’t mean as much to me as it does to others apparently.

Still amazes me that some how Daniel Jones got $40M per season.

Thats still Bananas to me.
That's why Tua wants $55M ACV.

W/O that contract we might have a little more wiggle room.

That deal fed us.

So Tua wants to get paid? Name one time he put this team on his back and won a game that mattered. We’ll take the 5th year and pay him what he’s worth and if someone wants to back up the truck with draft picks let’s talk.

Back
Top Bottom