NFL Network to air 54 games in 25 days | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Network to air 54 games in 25 days

dolphan39 said:

This is going to be the best!! I've always missed Miami preseason games. This year I go out and get a new 42 inch Hitachi, Direct TV, NFL Sunday Ticket and most importantly TIVO!!

I must admit, I'm a TIVO junkie!! I watch more TIVO'd shows than I do live TV. :D

I have a question for anyone that may know. I have not lived in the Miami area since 1982. I now have the "Sunshine Network". Do they broadcast any Miami Dolphin shows or coaches shows during the season? If so, do you know the days and times?

Thanks, for taking taking the time to answer my question.

:fire:
templarwd said:
As stupid as this sounds, I don't think the NFL TV contract has the rights to the pre-season games. I can only speak for the Browns but I know the Official TV station for them is not the local CBS affiliate. They carry all the pre-season games and have the Official pre-game, post game, and coaches shows.

They need to get the pre-saeon as part of the Sunday Ticket package.

So you would rather pay extra, by being forced to get Sunday Ticket, then to get it free as a part of your regular channels on Direct TV. :shakeno:

I live in New Jersey, and I go to a sports bar to see all the Miami games with my friends, have no need to buy the Sunday Ticket package, but we don't get to see Preseason games here, by having it on Football Network, I would finally get to see them, without having to pay extra, if the preseason games were on Sunday ticket, then I would not get to see the preseason games because I am not going to pay extra for just the preseason games. :tsk:

tay0365 said:
:fire:

So you would rather pay extra, by being forced to get Sunday Ticket, then to get it free as a part of your regular channels on Direct TV. :shakeno:

I live in New Jersey, and I go to a sports bar to see all the Miami games with my friends, have no need to buy the Sunday Ticket package, but we don't get to see Preseason games here, by having it on Football Network, I would finally get to see them, without having to pay extra, if the preseason games were on Sunday ticket, then I would not get to see the preseason games because I am not going to pay extra for just the preseason games. :tsk:
I used to do the same thing but I got tired of not being able to hear the games over the constant barking of Browns fans. They do it on every play, unless it's a TD for the opposing team but then they do it for the PAT block.

If you do the math, you'll probably come out ahead with Sunday Ticket. I was dropping at least $30/game watching it in a sports bar. We got maybe 2-3/season on broadcast, so that leaves 13 at the bar. $30X13 = $390. Sunday Ticket was $179 for renewals. Every Sunday I have 5-6 DolFans in my basement. They bring the beer and the food, I provide the game on a 52"HDTV. It sure beats any sports bar I've ever been to.

Now, if I can just figure out how to take a tax deduction for it?

Back
Top Bottom