NFL Opener Chiefs/Lions game chat | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Opener Chiefs/Lions game chat

Still think the Chefs will be at least a 12 win team, likely just a glitch without Kelce and Chris Jones available. Plus the AFC West isn’t a juggernaut. San Diego is maybe their only chance of a loss in their division.
Your under estimating the Lions…they have a good team!

It worked. But it was a stupid call at this point in the game amd where they were.

Though I agree it is insane, it was something that making it, greatly outweighed the consequences if they failed.

They are playing against last season's SB Champs, against the best QB going at this time, and a HC that is arguably the best at this time. They were behind the 8 ball before the game even started.

Nobody was expecting something crazy like that, but by taking that shot, it allowed a few things to work in the Lions favor. First, of course, it got them new downs, second, it changed the momentum of the game, and third, even if they failed, now after doing that, it screams to the Chiefs, this coach is crazy, can't take anything for granted any more (Players, and coaches are now doubting themselves on what they expect the lions to do).

If they had kicked it, Chiefs probably get good field position, and probably score...At worse 3 more points.

Sometimes, if you want to be victorious, you have to throw caution to the wind, and attempt something insane to help you possibly change the momentum and do the impossible...Nobody wants to play a Rogue team, that is capable of anything at any moment.

Last edited:
Your under estimating the Lions…they have a good team!

I like what their building but they need cover corners, bad. They will never face Kadarious Toney again (no one might as he might be out of a job tomorrow).

I think Laporta will be a great all around TE.

But overall wish they would’ve went another way with their first round picks. Jalen Carter next to Hutchinson would’ve been a game changer. And they VERY likely still get Gibbs at 18.

Charles Harris isn’t gonna get it done. Detroit should keep an eye on the Brian Burns negotiations.

Hate to say it but Christian Wilkins would be very appealing to Detroit as well.

Last edited:
Dude, seriously? That was like 10 years ago. Campbell was not ready at that time. Get real
dont give me that bs…whats real is exactly what i said he would become while the mocking was relentless..

It’s pretty wild to see Mahomes play. Their offensive skill positions are trash, particularly with Kelce out, yet he makes it look easy. Will say I did like Rashee Rice out of college, but the rest of the guys are cast offs.

Welcome to most of Dan Marino’s career. During his prime he always made it look easy and often was throwing to average talent. And had to overcome little to no defense and no real threat of a run game.

Mahomes has largely had the privilege of playing with both.

Last edited:
Well that was gratifying. Not only did the Chiefs lose but I was the game with some friends and I called the Lions win, and was subsequently ridiculed before the game for thinking the Lions had a chance.

I took the Lions +172 on the money line. Would have netted more had I made the bet before Kelce was announced as out.

But I then took a net loss because St. Brown fell 7 yards short of hitting the over 77.5 yards receiving. Bummer.

Lot of folks mocked me when I lobbied to fire Gase and allow Dan Campbell to be the permanent head coach..
I was all in on him at the time. I thought he had earned it w the job he did as interim coach. Had they gone w a vet I would have understood, but they said he wasn’t ready the hired a pencil neck dork who was less ready than Canpbell. I loved the way Dan turned our Philbin powder puff team into physical animals basically over a bye week. Yeah he went 5-7. But we were 1–3 and listless when he took over. Then we ass whooped Titans and Texans - even beat the Ravens in a black n blue physical game that we normally lose. We also lost Wake who had 7 sacks and 4 FF in the first 2 games after Dan took over - to the Achilles the next game. Was he an offensive guru yet? No. He learned a lot from his time in NO. However, he not Gase was the right choice at the time and in hindsight. Gase had done nothing ever to earn a shot. And now he coaches high school ball. Go Lions. Go Dan Campbell.

How exactly?

Get the ball back down by 4 with 1:50 left and you can go win the game.
Huh, so you prefer to be down by 4 with 1.50 on your 25 instead of down by 1 nearer midfield with 1 min to play? Ok coach.

Did you not watch the game or the plays leading up to the 4th and 25? The Chiefs receivers couldn't catch a cold today and you expect them to march 70 yards for a game winning TD?

The Chiefs receivers couldn't catch a cold today and you expect them to march 70 yards for a game winning TD?

I know Kelce will be back soon, but I wonder if Miami could get KC to bite on Cedrick Wilson. They surely could use some help at that position. If tonight was any indicator how their season might go wrt their wideouts perhaps they’ll soon start feeling some urgency to upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom