NFL over/unders are out...Miami at 10.5 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL over/unders are out...Miami at 10.5

they really like the Falcons huh?

If we don't get injured and we can run on 3rd and 1/3rd and 2…10.5 is feasible

I would take the under on them unless they kill it in the draft

We need to find an answer for Josh Allen, that dude has killed Miami worse than Brady did!

Josh Allen has a passer rating of 110.1 with 3,363 yards, 33 touchdowns and 7 interceptions in 12 games versus the Dolphins in his career and is 10-2. :bobdole:

Our new safety should help with that

He's seen every move Allen has in practice for the last 4 years or so and knows his tendencies

This seems optimistic. I don’t see that at the moment. I hope so though.
Vegas knows it's an optimistic figure hence the -155 price tag on it... There's no good bet to be had here, rarely is in futures anyway...

The primary take away is that we are a better team than last season. That's despite all the time we wasted reading posts about how we'd be destroyed due to the cap this offseason. LOL.

As far as the win total, my guess is that 10 wins should be expected. If we get more or less then it'll be due to luck and injuries.

The primary take away is that we are a better team than last season. That's despite all the time we wasted reading posts about how we'd be destroyed due to the cap this offseason. LOL.

As far as the win total, my guess is that 10 wins should be expected. If we get more or less then it'll be due to luck and injuries.

Agreed. People with money on the line don't make emotional decisions or decisions based on what they WANT to happen. When those people see a winning team, there is some validity to that.

Agreed. People with money on the line don't make emotional decisions or decisions based on what they WANT to happen. When those people see a winning team, there is some validity to that.

I think Vegas just evaluates the betters though, right?

Vegas isn't expert when it comes to football players or coaches (else the NFL would turn to them for hiring advice). Vegas is just attempting to find a particular # the divides the betters so they stand to make money.

It's all based on how the crowd is going to bet which is itself based on the idea of wisdom-of-the-crowd, no?

So really, Vegas is telling us what the popular opinion is when it comes to the Miami Dolphins.

And to that end, I think the outside perspective on the Dolphins (which Vegas is effectively reporting on with their over/under) is generally more optimistic than we here are.

All this is really saying is that America is high on the Dolphins while maybe we're a bit more cautious in our optimism.

Last edited:

You're looking at the 10.5 and thinking that's what Vegas thinks we are. But the real story of what Vegas thinks we are is told by that -145 (and NBP81 says it's actually -155).

Compare that to be Bills, who are 10.5 -145 for the over, instead of the under. Basically, Vegas feels very confident the Bills are better than us.

Another thing I noticed is that Vegas won't pay more than +125 on any bet, while they'll go as low as -160 in the other direction. No wonder gambling is a goldmine.

I think Vegas just evaluates the betters though, right?

Vegas isn't expert when it comes to football players or coaches (else the NFL would turn to them for hiring advice). Vegas is just attempting to find a particular # the divides the betters so they stand to make money.

It's all based on how the crowd is going to bet which is itself based on the idea of wisdom-of-the-crowd, no?

So really, Vegas is telling us what the popular opinion is when it comes to the Miami Dolphins.

And to that end, I think the outside perspective on the Dolphins (which Vegas is effectively reporting on with their over/under) is generally more optimistic than we here are.

All this is really saying is that America is high on the Dolphins while maybe we're a bit more cautious in our optimism.

You are correct, but their over/under can be a proxy for betters concensus

11 last year so 12 at the least this year.. lessons learned from last season

Back
Top Bottom