NFL Season Preview: JT #2 DE... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Season Preview: JT #2 DE...

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
The only weakness listed for JT is that "He is not made of liqud metal" You would think that would put him above anybody not in a Terminator movie.

he's a complete player now and maybe the best DE in our history. Up there with Ven Herder and Stanfill imo.

Ozzy rules!!

I don't see why he's behind Strahan.....I mean c'mon, his only weakness is he's not made of "liquid metal"??......That's the same as saying he doesn't have any weaknesses....He could think of a weakness for Strahan but none for Taylor and he still ranks Strahan above Taylor....doesn't make sense to me.

Originally posted by rafael
The only weakness listed for JT is that "He is not made of liqud metal" You would think that would put him above anybody not in a Terminator movie.

:lol:

Jimmy must get a hard-on every time he watches JT play. "Damn, I'm good!!" :tongue:

I believe the "liquid metal" comment in the article is a reference to the fact that Michael Strahan IS made of "liquid metal" In other words you're not going to get your hands on the guy, and he can use whatever move in the book he wants to.

JT may be impossible to block one on one, but the speed move is still his most used one, he doesn't really have an especially strong club move or swim or bullrush.

No he doesn't, but his technique gets the job done. And sometimes that's all you need. When he was getting double-teamed, I was like damn man you guys must be really desperate to stop Taylor! I hope O-gun becomes as good as Taylor so teams will have to use four guys just to stop them two.:D

for what it's worth, i think PFW has taylor rated the 1st overall DE in their player rankings.

Strahan only put up 11 sacks last year. Jason Taylor should be #1 on this list.

Strahan has a weaker supporting cast (espcially DT's and other DE)
Strahan has the sack record
Strahan is more experienced
Strahan is bigger and can tie up blockers better

The mark of a great DE isn't just sacks. You guys should be proud he's #2 and not ranked behind Peppers or Rice who the argument could be made that they are better. Take some pride in that ranking.

Back
Top Bottom