NFL Season Preview: JT #2 DE... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Season Preview: JT #2 DE...

Originally posted by MOULDSROCKS
Strahan has a weaker supporting cast (espcially DT's and other DE)
Strahan has the sack record
Strahan is more experienced
Strahan is bigger and can tie up blockers better

The mark of a great DE isn't just sacks. You guys should be proud he's #2 and not ranked behind Peppers or Rice who the argument could be made that they are better. Take some pride in that ranking.

Strahan is bigger and can tie up more blockers
?!?! Are you seriously going to submit that?? :rofl:

If so, then you can say that about 98% of the league's DEs can tie up more blockers than JT because they are bigger. But that doesn't happen, now does it??

It's not about size. It's about how much respect a player commands. JT routinely commands double-teams. That means he's occupying blockers.

Also, Strahan plays exclusively on the left side. That means he's facing RTs. If JT only plays LE, he gets at least 20 sacks last year.

"Strahan is more experienced".

Are you kidding me?? You think Strahan's 10 years makes him better than JT with 6?? :rofl: Please, get out of my face with that weak mess. :lol: At this point in their respective careers, both players have seen it all. I guess Jerry Rice's 18 years is what give him that distinct advantage over Tim Brown and his 15. :rolleyes:

Strahan has the sack record...Strahan has less help.

Certainly that counts for something. But lets take out that Favre gift. He has 21.5. No record. :lol:

Obviously, Miami's DL is better than NYG's. But look at it from a production standpoint. The other Giants gave him 23.5 sacks in 2001. Strahan got 22.5. They gave him 26 in 2002. Strahan got 11.

But look closer. RE Kenny Holmes actually gave Strahan 4.5 MORE sacks in 2002 than 2001 on the other side. Strahan gave back 11.5 LESS in 2002. Not too good for a guy who demanded (and got) a blockbuster contract with $19+ million signing bonus last year.

Finally, JT is 11.5 sacks ahead of Strahan at this point in their careers. Doesn't mean anything. Just thought I'd share. :)

0WNED!!

Haha, I was going to follow up MOULDS' post, but Muck did it for me.

JT isn't as good against the run. Good. But not better.

Yes Strahan can tie up blockers better.

Strahan get double teamed too, JT isn't the only one! :rolleyes:

JT doesn't get doubled in the running game, most DE's don't

Strahan doesn't have the DT's you do, so the QB can step up into the pocket and avoid the rush

Strahan first thought isn't get to the QB playing on the left side, he has to be more aware of the running backs than JT does.

If JT would be so much more effective on the left side, why doesn't he play there all the time? Because he can't be an every down end at that spot.

Again, stop your bitching. Being the #2 DE in the NFL is fantastic and he's probably #1 in pass-rushing.

Originally posted by Muck

Obviously, Miami's DL is better than NYG's. But look at it from a production standpoint. The other Giants gave him 23.5 sacks in 2001. Strahan got 22.5. They gave him 26 in 2002. Strahan got 11.

But look closer. RE Kenny Holmes actually gave Strahan 4.5 MORE sacks in 2002 than 2001 on the other side. Strahan gave back 11.5 LESS in 2002. Not too good for a guy who demanded (and got) a blockbuster contract with $19+ million signing bonus last year.

Finally, JT is 11.5 sacks ahead of Strahan at this point in their careers. Doesn't mean anything. Just thought I'd share. :)

0WNED!!

And what does this all mean? Nothing.

:lol: :lol: :cry: :lol: :lol:

Nice job though. You filled that space with a lot of bull. I am impressed by your quantity.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I believe the "liquid metal" comment in the article is a reference to the fact that Michael Strahan IS made of "liquid metal" In other words you're not going to get your hands on the guy, and he can use whatever move in the book he wants to.

JT may be impossible to block one on one, but the speed move is still his most used one, he doesn't really have an especially strong club move or swim or bullrush.

I thought the "liquid metal" comment was in reference to his past injuries....meaning he isn't unbreakable.

JT doesn't get doubled in the running game, most DE's don't

Strahan doesn't have the DT's you do, so the QB can step up into the pocket and avoid the rush

Strahan first thought isn't get to the QB playing on the left side, he has to be more aware of the running backs than JT does.

If JT would be so much more effective on the left side, why doesn't he play there all the time? Because he can't be an every down end at that spot.

Again, stop your bitching. Being the #2 DE in the NFL is fantastic and he's probably #1 in pass-rushing.

The Reader's Digest condensed version of this response to Muck's post:

"Nuh-uh."

If you're so sure, prove it then. And don't say "because he plays LE". I'm really not arguing the point. Just would like to hear exactly what makes Strahan better in this department.

We've already gone over this. But if you insist, Strahan would make a better DT than JT. :rolleyes2

What is it with you and reading comprehension?? And you said upstate NY's public schools are better than Florida's??

JT doesn't get doubled in the running game, most DE's don't.

That's right, most DEs don't get doubled in the run game. But JT isn't most DEs. And you're wrong again in this case. JT does get doubled in the run game. When I get back home, I'll capture a video clip just for you. I'll PM you with a link to it. Unlike you, I'm ready and willing to back up my posts with factual and visual proof (I do it already). I can't wait for you to see it.

Yup, we've got Sapp and Glover in there. They're such great pass rushers that they come out on 3rd downs in favor of two DEs.

JT can go after the QB more because team's don't run nearly as much to his side. That is a testament to the man's skill. But it's garbage to imply that the run is secondary on JT's mind. Again, I quote the article....

Best in league at chasing backside, making plays vs. cut back runs, being productive in space. Phenomenal motor, instincts. Rare speed, burst, rarely takes false steps. Locates ballcarrier, can change directions on move, lateral quickness outstanding........Uncanny leverage vs. run. Will stack and shed surprisingly well. Impossible to block one-on-one.

Doesn't sound like a guy who thinks QB first, does it. Love the part about double-teams. :) .

Or maybe because the coaches don't want anyone else going up against the best pass blocking/most athletc man on the OL. I have no doubt that JT would do just fine over 16 games with against least athletic player on the OL (the RT). He'd likely wear down more on that side, being 245 lbs. But to imply that he wouldn't last on that side is laughable. Especially when you take into account the number of double-teams and TEs he faces already.

Who's bitching?? I'm just picking you apart is all. Much more fun. :D

And what does this all mean? Nothing.

:lol: :lol: :cry: :lol: :lol:

Nice job though. You filled that space with a lot of bull. I am impressed by your quantity.

I'm sure you are. Only you could take relevant facts/numbers and simply dismiss them. Then again, when you're post is being ripped to shreds, I expect nothing less from you. :lol:

Here's to broken dreams and flawed logic. :)

Can you prove JT is better? No.
So why are you asking me to prove something nearly impossible to do without game film of both players and the ability to post that film on the internet. I can tell you that from what I've seen (2 Bills games last year, ravens game, and primetime games - then NYG primetime and playoff games) that Strahan is a better run stuffer than JT.

Thank you

? You obviously didn't understand what I was saying.

If JT is getting double teamed on running plays, then those offensive coordinators are idiots b/c
-Tim Bowens commands a double team vs the run
-That leaves you with 3 more lineman and a TE and FB for 3 more DL's
-If JT is doubled, you are down to 1 lineman a TE and a FB for 2 DL's (Chester and Ogun)
-If they get one man each, you are now left with either a TE of a FB to block all 3 of your LB's.

I doubt there is anybody stupid enough to do this in the NFL.
I know that Gilbride sure as hell didn't last year and look how effective JT was vs the run still. What did Henry get? Almost 300 yards on you guys?
(yeah ik what ricky did, but that is irrelevant to this topic to save it :D)

No, you don't have Sapp and Glover
Neither does Strahan
But you do have DT's who are MUCH better at collapsing the pocket and commanding extra blockers. :rolleyes:
Good, big DT's like that can make DE's look better than they are. Look at Oakland last year with Adams and Parella!

"JT can go after the QB more because team's don't run nearly as much to his side. That is a testament to the man's skill."

No, it is just they way the NFL works. Usually your better run blockers are on the strong side, that is why it is the strong side. You run there.

"I have no doubt that JT would do just fine over 16 games with against least athletic player on the OL (the RT). He'd likely wear down more on that side, being 245 lbs. But to imply that he wouldn't last on that side is laughable."

-I said he wouldn't be as effective
-The RT is def. not the least athletic lineman. I give you Mike Williams, Jordan Gross, Kareem McKenzie, Ryan Tucker, Adam Meadows, John Tait, Lincoln Kennedy, Jon Jansen, Marc Colombo, Anthony Clement, Kyle Turley.....
They are no pushovers. Plus any left-handed QB's need great RT's.

"Or maybe because the coaches don't want anyone else going up against the best pass blocking/most athletc man on the OL."

Why not? It works well in NY.... lol

Plus, don;t you guys like to do that on 3rd downs to create mis-matches? I know you do. But why doesn't he stay there full time? Think.

Strahan is a better run stuffer if the play is designed inside, if teams are doing an off-tackle, trap, or sweep play, JT is so quick to force runners inside and disrupt the play, thats his advantage on the run plays....you are giving Strahan more credit Mouldsrocks because he has more meat on him, and yes that does help clog the run, but speed is just as much of a factor for DE than weight.

Yea, he can run to the outside and chase better. Never said he couldn't. So can Aaron Schobel. :D
But Strahan is still a better "RUN-STUFFER." Like I said.

They gave him the nod for overall ability, not just pass-rush or speed. Stop ur whinin' :D ;)

Back
Top Bottom