NFL training camps capsules - Miami | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL training camps capsules - Miami

PatsWin2002

Bringin' it!
Reaction score
There's one for every team......nothing great, but what can ya do?

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/sports/football/nfl/carolina_panthers/6287302.htm

MIAMI DOLPHINS

2002 record: 9-7

When: July 24

Where: Nova Southeastern University, Davie

Who's new? Will we be reading a few years from now how LB Junior Seau wants to go into the Hall of Fame wearing a Dolphins hat? After 13 stellar seasons in San Diego, Seau switched coasts following his release in March. He's not the player he once was - as in 12 straight Pro Bowls selection - but the Dolphins hope his leadership, professionalism and desire will rub off on a team now known for fading at the finish.

The buzz: Miami will be mediocre as long as Jay Fiedler is playing quarterback. The arrival of Brian Griese, whose career waned in Denver, should make things interesting. This team last season had the league's No. 1 rusher (Ricky Williams with 1,853 yards and 16 TDs) and No. 3 defense (led by DE Jason Taylor, the NFL sack leader with 18 1/2) - a combination that's normally a never-fail recipe for success - and could not make the playoffs. Coach Dave Wannstedt ought to be ashamed and looking over his shoulder.

The last paragraph alone makes this whole thread stupid.

BTW I think this should be moved to Smack Forum.

Originally posted by Prime Time
BTW I think this should be moved to Smack Forum.

Why? Because a Pats fan posted it? I hope you're kidding.

Those aren't my words - I just copied and pasted. Call the media person that wrote it a DOLT if you'd like, but it's out there for all to see.

Someone else likely would've posted it anyway.......I said it wasn't great.

Ahhhh, the dog days of summer.

Patswin,

Once again, I got your back. If you spot it, and it's about the Fins -- good, bad or ugly... don't hesitate to post it if no one else has. Yep, just that simple. We're capable of interpreting it as we see fit. And we rarely LITERALLY shoot the messenger. Just be careful with the Prisco pieces.;)

Thanks for the heads-up on someone else's views.

Well actually I agree with the last paragraph, except for the part where it said "Miami will be mediocre as long as Jay Fiedler is playing quarterback"

Thats just a dumb statement. Fiedler's win % is nowhere close to "mediocre" which I would consider to be 8-8.

Originally posted by Phan4Ever
Patswin,

Once again, I got your back. If you spot it, and it's about the Fins -- good, bad or ugly... don't hesitate to post it if no one else has. Yep, just that simple. We're capable of interpreting it as we see fit. And we rarely LITERALLY shoot the messenger. Just be careful with the Prisco pieces.;)

Thanks for the heads-up on someone else's views.

Thanks again.

Many Fin Fans here are very defensive. I think they see my avatar and assume I'm an evil troll.

Honestly, I like the board. I'm on the web a lot and post on other boards a lot. When I see something Fin-related that hasn't been posted yet here, I post it knowing it will be read and commented on quickly.

It's that simple.

The Jay Fiedler comment was incredibly stupid. Worse quarterbacks (Trent Dilfer) have been winners. Fiedler's 85 QB rating was pretty good, we can win with that.

patslose, i agree with the artical u found 80%. the only things i wonder about are seau wearing a phins hat in the HOF and the fiedler comment. (i am a Griese fan)

all and all, good post.

for a pats fan that is.

Originally posted by PatsWin2002
There's one for every team......nothing great, but what can ya do?

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/sports/football/nfl/carolina_panthers/6287302.htm

MIAMI DOLPHINS

2002 record: 9-7

When: July 24

Where: Nova Southeastern University, Davie

Who's new? Will we be reading a few years from now how LB Junior Seau wants to go into the Hall of Fame wearing a Dolphins hat? After 13 stellar seasons in San Diego, Seau switched coasts following his release in March. He's not the player he once was - as in 12 straight Pro Bowls selection - but the Dolphins hope his leadership, professionalism and desire will rub off on a team now known for fading at the finish.

The buzz: Miami will be mediocre as long as Jay Fiedler is playing quarterback. The arrival of Brian Griese, whose career waned in Denver, should make things interesting. This team last season had the league's No. 1 rusher (Ricky Williams with 1,853 yards and 16 TDs) and No. 3 defense (led by DE Jason Taylor, the NFL sack leader with 18 1/2) - a combination that's normally a never-fail recipe for success - and could not make the playoffs. Coach Dave Wannstedt ought to be ashamed and looking over his shoulder.

CLEARLY THE WRITING OF A BIASED PERSON. HOW IS IT WANNY'S FAULT THAT JAY WAS INJURED OR THAT LUCUS WOULDNT COME THROUGH IN THE PINCH LIKE HE DID IN NY WITH THE JETS? I'D LIKE TO READ THIS GUY EATING CROW AFTER JAY DOES IN FACT LEAD THIS TEAM TO THE SUPER BOWL.

Looks like odds makers disagree with him too.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we all understand that there are guys out there that are paid to write football columns - and that's what they do to meet deadlines....no matter how devoid of real info or how stupid.

Aside from all the guys that got in trouble this offseason, the most articles have been about (in no particular order):

1) Priest Holmes hip
2) Can Plummer succeed in Denver
3) Can Willis McGahee still pay
4) Will Kurt Warner rebound
5) Griese/Fiedler QB Controversy

I'm pretty sick of it too. Trust me.

Let's get on with the season and then we'll only have to contend with Prisco's Jets columns :).

Originally posted by PatsWin2002

Why? Because a Pats fan posted it? I hope you're kidding.

Those aren't my words - I just copied and pasted. Call the media person that wrote it a DOLT if you'd like, but it's out there for all to see.

Someone else likely would've posted it anyway.......I said it wasn't great.

Ahhhh, the dog days of summer.

Well instead of just pointing out the Miami Dolphins part you could have simply posted the link and say it was a very interesting read, but no you have to go and post the Dolphin part which IMO can start very heated battles.

OH lookie I reached my 4000 post with the post above...woohoo! :happydrin

Originally posted by Prime Time
OH lookie I reached my 4000 post with the post above...woohoo! :happydrin

PT, why are you riding him so hard, all he did was post Phin info..I don't get it..what's up..:confused:

Because stuff like this will get him roden by 5 Dol-Fans who are in a bad mood at the time.

Back
Top Bottom